Wiki Posts
Search

Slash 4x4 nosediving over jumps

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Racing is totally different then bashing , so whatever you learned bashing throw it out the window when it comes to racing . No offense , but your new and most of the issues you will face are your driving it . If you haven`t already get a good setup from one of the fast guys at the track as they can give you the best results and answers .Not strangers on a forum that never been to your track . After that , practice, practice , and a lot more practice . How your hitting a jump is the most common reason why someone nose dives or nose highs . you said yourself after 40 or 50 laps it got better . It got better because you are learning how the truck handles and how to drive it .
I do understand that ..and understand the logic to jumping IE on power will drop the rear and off power will pitch the front down ...I think what im getting at is even under full power off the face of the jump and holding it there the truck is still pitched down in front ... and yes as the night went on it was a bit better but I still think it was front heavy ...Or under powered ..or could i just be used to the way my old savage jumped could do back or front flips with gas or brake with huge air and stick the jump ....when are we gonna get RC in X Games lol ..Im game for the half pipe.. thanks to all for your input several good ideas on my problem
Old 08-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage_26
I do understand that ..and understand the logic to jumping IE on power will drop the rear and off power will pitch the front down ...I think what im getting at is even under full power off the face of the jump and holding it there the truck is still pitched down in front ... and yes as the night went on it was a bit better but I still think it was front heavy ...Or under powered ..or could i just be used to the way my old savage jumped could do back or front flips with gas or brake with huge air and stick the jump ....when are we gonna get RC in X Games lol ..Im game for the half pipe.. thanks to all for your input several good ideas on my problem
If your topped out at the face of the jump you will jump nose down as the rear of the truck will slap the jump . You need to slow down before the jump and gun it at the jump . This is needed so the truck has preload on the shocks . You can not drive it or compare to bashing or your savage .
Old 08-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I think you can try to see if you have your drag brakes ON on your esc