Seting up Nitro engine >

Seting up Nitro engine

Seting up Nitro engine

Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Seting up Nitro engine

Hello,

I have a few question to ask over here as its been very helpfull lately
ok, a few weeks ago, my engine went to full speed, crashed into the wall, ran at full speed for 3 mins while being blocked by a wall and the heatsink go discolored. I went to my LHS, i changed the borken parts ( very litle ) but i also had to change the sleeve and the piston. Before i crashed i did a break in procedure as said by many people .
Today i tryed to start up my engine ( really want to run it ), on the first go it didnt start, i had to richen it a tiny bit so it could start up, once i got it running ( i was so dam happy ) i left it idling for about 1 min 30 secs and it was perfect, no speed change ....... Problem is that as soon as I took the glow start off the glow plug .. the engine shut off . I did it a few times and everytime it would light up but it wouldnt keep on running as soon as I took the glow start out .
Question : What could be causing it to shut off ?
Also, unfortunatly i have to do another break in procedure .... If i want to richen my engine so it doesnt run too hot and so that im safe, which screw do i need to open up ( un screw/ counter clockwise ) the High speed or the low speed ?
Last : What happens if i dont break it in, if i directly go to the park and run it, will there be some performance loss; or will it be ONLY engine life loss ?

Thank you
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Change your glow plug. That will solve the dying problem.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Think of your needles as a water hose your HSN or Main needle is where you turn the water on and adjust how much water/fuel total your engine will receive. The LSN is the nozzle where you fine tune the output in that narrow range. So, to richen your engine overall. You want to richen the HSN or MAIN needle. Make sense?

+1 on the glow plug thats your dying problem I almost guarantee it.

Also if you don't season the piston, sleeve, case and rod. It may break them on the first few runs just because there will be sooo much pressure on them. There are several breakin procedures and some are quicker than others. Rather than skip it completely I would at least use one of the faster ones like Cyrul or heatcycle rather than just race tune it right off the bat. Hope that helps ya buddy.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Engine may be toast. I had this exact same problem with my Nova engine. I had a good run-away at WOT just like you did. Read through my thread below, I tried changing to a hotter plug and completely cleaned motor and I couldn't ever get it to run. So I ditched it and got a new motor. I know mine if I would hold the igniter on it would run ok, sometimes it would even run good. But as soon as you remove the igniter it died immeditaly. I think I heard somewhere where the igniter keeps the plug hot, when really the engine supposed to, but due to the run-away (excessive heat) there is little to no compression.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ssi-n21bf.html