Wiki Posts
Search

Swift Buggy chat

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Swift Buggy chat

Hi guys, girls

im not new, but newish, to thw r/c world. finily moved onto my seconed car this week, which now takes me from a schu 3tr 3e to the swift.

any coments about this so called buggy on the cheap, with top parts to take on the big buys.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

The only thing I've heard about the car is the quality of the materials used..

A friend ran the car at the Nitro Challenge here in CA. and it was virtually destroyed after one weekend. It looked as though he had run the car for six months.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

i know that the first batch of swifts, had problems, with build, everything needed to be tighten, and washers for the difs, the swift that i have seen in acton was from the 2 batch for schu, (all purple finish), after one day of off road acton, big jumps. everything was all ok.

not sure about long term tho. engine seems strong, but i noticed the engine is hard to start up.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

haha schu idk if this car is nitro or not but i have a good friend who races electric and wanted to see if there was anything better than the normal big names stuff out there and he called schu and asked what there best product and how much it would cost for the best car out there and they suggested a losi or an assciated
Old 09-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Default wooooohoooooooo bought a SWIFT yesterday!!

and you know what?

I LOVE THAT SWIFT!!

cool crazy !!!!!

yeah!

this is my first buggy... my first off-road... i am excited to get into more MUD and DIRT!!!!

the only screw was loose a bit is the engine mount screw which i had noticed when i want to check for pre-run checking prior to engine break-in... the rest NO COMMENT....

and i have read somewhere inrctech about this buggy that they have mentioned SWIFT had a couple of TQ in a race even with stock out-of-the-box spec....

mop
Old 09-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

the swift as come along way, now a brand new swift dont have alot wrong with it if any depending on who you are., and what you want,

still waitimg for hardend outdrives tho.

great buggy, and a great price.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Default break-in engine

yesterday i did break in the engine.

the engine comes with the buggy. and i believe it is the RTR engine....

how can an RTR engine got TQ in a few races?
how can i be like them?
what can i do the the PRP engine that comes with the buggy to get TQ.... or at least give me the MAX POWER.

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED.... woooohooooooooo...

mop

pic showing before the buggy getting thrashed.... immidiately after break in.....
Attached Thumbnails Swift Buggy chat-swifty-fast01.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Default closer a bit

a bit closer

still clean

mop
Attached Thumbnails Swift Buggy chat-swifty-fast02.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Default actually got a friend

there are 2 swifts... wooohoooooooooo.....

mop
Attached Thumbnails Swift Buggy chat-swifty-fast03-his-friend.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had a Swift not too long ago. Loved it but the RTR engine is too hard to start. SO I sold it.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

yup, and i bought it. still enjoying the buggy forbidden! its got some downtime now since i made a whoopsy, but that should be fixed soon enough. i shimmed all the diffs, locktited the entire buggy, and have had no problems with it. had to reset the needles to get it broken in, but it has since held a tune quite well. i still havent gotten that spare body painted yet though..........
Old 09-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

cool corradopsi, show me the new body when you get it done...

I am still looking to get back into 1/8 buggies...but I just need to have more patience with nitro engines
Old 09-14-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

well your used to gas, which i can only assume are easier to work with. i just picked up an Xray XB8 and if your into building kits, this one is a true pleasure to build. i know you still have the radio from the swift. you will need to get a .21 engine, pipe, tires, and good servos yet to complete it. are you looking for another RTR? ill be dropping the body off with my friends sister in 2 weeks so we will see what she can do with it. if i can be of any help picking a new car or just for help in general, feel free to ask. im on rcnitrotalk.com more often than here, and they are a great group of guys if you ever need help as well.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Default how to make you buggy faster? use 1/10th lexan body on it!!!

you wanna see my SWIFTY FAST ? you wanna see SWIFTY FAST in 1/10th ON-ROAD lexan body? click this link!!!!

hahahaha.... last time i had this 1/10 MAZDA 6 body for my TC3... but i hit a concrete kurb real bad and deformed the laxan so bad... i keep the body though planning to rectify it again... but since i got my swift... and i dont like the feel when i use the buggy body on it..(i feel it slows your buggy a bit - the heck i am an ON-ROAD guy also! like to be fast).... so i decided to CUT the MAZDA 6 body to be put on my SWIFT BUGGY... in theory it will give more aerodynamic to my buggy..... i havent tested it yet!!!!

wish me luck!!! for a FASTER BUGGY!!!!

mop
Old 10-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Default ACTIVE SWIFT BUGGY THREAD

follow this link

and also this link

mop

some pics here
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/...=69-$&rsel=new

Last edited by mop_iko; 10-05-2004 at 03:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.