weird engine running >

weird engine running

weird engine running

Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea il take a look at the 77 plug.

it is a rb s5 engine i am running it on, my truggy i looked at the 77 plug it says its just for .12 to .18 engines for 1/10 cars ?
take it for what its worth but sometimes glow plug descriptions are a lil out of whack compared to real world testing

if i told you you could only run 10% nitro would you ? just sayin'
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
The S5 is an older version of the Hobby 9, which is not even made anymore. Novarossi might make it, but RB designs their engines, and from experience, their sport engines don't hold their tune very well.

The Hobby 9 is selling for $245 where its still available, for $50 less you could of got a Werks B5 which would be a much better race engines and those engines hold a tune for gallons.
i would definitely look at the italian made werks before a taiwanese made engine , many rb engines are not made by novarossi anymore , someone else would know much more about which engines are and which arent
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Prophet

The S5 is an older version of the Hobby 9, which is not even made anymore. Novarossi might make it, but RB designs their engines, and from experience, their sport engines don't hold their tune very well.

The Hobby 9 is selling for $245 where its still available, for $50 less you could of got a Werks B5 which would be a much better race engines and those engines hold a tune for gallons.

its a hobby 9 engine 5 port, some guy told me it was a s5 it just has a new head on it. its a l2g cooling head on it

i bought it new`for $209 at a main.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by houston
take it for what its worth but sometimes glow plug descriptions are a lil out of whack compared to real world testing

if i told you you could only run 10% nitro would you ? just sayin'

yea i guess its just marketing, tricks i did run 10% nitro before a long long time ago on my t-maxx.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i would definitely look at the italian made werks before a taiwanese made engine , many rb engines are not made by novarossi anymore , someone else would know much more about which engines are and which arent
The only RB buggy engines still made by Novarossi are the Buggy10 and Cross10.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What color were the coils of the original plug? Shiny or dull and gray? Dull and gray will still light up but it will not stay hot.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmackani
What color were the coils of the original plug? Shiny or dull and gray? Dull and gray will still light up but it will not stay hot.

the old plug was shiny and brown, on the surface i dint look at the coils though but all i know is that it was causing flame outs. and i noticed on the, track that it was running like crap with the idle changeing and the low end power feeling soft with the old plug.

my engine was running kind of rich on the low end.

and when i used the, new plug + new filter i was passing people in the corners etc.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

The only RB buggy engines still made by Novarossi are the Buggy10 and Cross10.
oh i dint know that but, i do have a rubber carb boot thats says novarossi i am using a thicker carb o-ring from nova on the hobby 9.

so there must be some other nova parts on it also.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Like others have said, a plug can glow just fine and still run like crap. Usually when this happens you can look at the coil and it will appear really dull but sometimes they run like crap even looking brand new. This is especially true if you are running a bit rich, too low compression, to cold a plug or too low an operating temp. These exaggerate the problem.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh i dint know that but, i do have a rubber carb boot thats says novarossi i am using a thicker carb o-ring from nova on the hobby 9.

so there must be some other nova parts on it also.
If it is an older S5, it's a Nova.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wingracer
If it is an older S5, it's a Nova.

it must be cause the box it says its made in italty.

it just has a lg2 orange head on it.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wingracer
Like others have said, a plug can glow just fine and still run like crap. Usually when this happens you can look at the coil and it will appear really dull but sometimes they run like crap even looking brand new. This is especially true if you are running a bit rich, too low compression, to cold a plug or too low an operating temp. These exaggerate the problem.

well the low end kept on, running rich which i think was because of the old plug not giving me a good idle. soon as i used a new plug, the idle was good and the low end wasnt running so rich.

there was a light smoke coming out of the pipe with the plug.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Most RB's are made by NovaRossi. It's easier to name the few that are not. Like the K9 / K10.

But if you want to start naming the NovaRossi Engines here are a few.

S3/S5/S7/WS7/WS9

Junior 9 / Hobby5 / S9 / B9 / B10 / C6 / Shark / Cross 10

I have s5 with 7 Gallons as a practice motor that runs awesome, idles all day. I just don't use it at bigger events because I can't get the mileage that my Ninja JX21 gets.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk1152
Most RB's are made by NovaRossi. It's easier to name the few that are not. Like the K9 / K10.

S3/S5/S7/WS7/WS9

I have s5 with 7 Gallons as a practice motor that runs awesome, idles all day. I just don't use it at bigger events because I can't get the mileage that my Ninja JX21 gets.
Look on RB's website and at amain, the only buggy engines RB still makes are the Killer10, Sport10, Buggy10 and Cross10. The rest are not made anymore.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jk1152

S3/S5/S7/WS7/WS9

i use my for club racing i use, a 8mm carb restrictor and get about 8 minutes with a rich tune. i dont want to take it out cause i know the milage whould suck.

do you lose that much power with a restrictor anyways ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.