Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TT-01D Drift Setup Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya TT-01D Drift Setup Help!

Hey guys,

I have a TT-01D spec...and I need some assistance and I am asking what kind of setups you guys are running in your cars. All i have done to my car is put in a new aluminum shaft, and so far is has been drifting very well. I use ABS tires that i have cut and routed myself and they work awesome, as for my motor, i am using a Novak Brushless drift motor, it has more than enough power and torque! But what i have been noticing lately is sometimes i cant keep the drift going, and sometimes i have problems whipping out the back end for the perfect apex for the drift...please let me know your setups as it would great help me! Thank You! If you guys are interested i have some pictures of my drift car and also Movies i have made from the video game GRID! Very cool stuff... Please leave comments and your setups as far as droop, toe in-out, possible hop-up parts needed or recommended, etc. Thank you! Camber and also Toe is would be awesome...i am currently having problem with those...and i am also using a normal battery pack the side-by-side cells that u can buy at Hobby Town USA.

Movies Of RaceDriver: GRID Game
http://www.youtube.com/TwitchVids

Old 07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I have my diffs locked and it seems like my car slides forever may be non-related but who knows. Also setting your camber to 0 may help and going into the turn with more speed.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah that possibly could be the case...i think mine are locked...but i was wondering what your drift setup is as far as camber and toe-in and out...i really dont know my settings because i dont have any of those tools like gauges and what not...i think i need to make a stop at S & N's Trackside here in Milwaukee! And maybe once i get my setup tuned right ill start making sessions for drifting :P...who knows but yeah...thank you for commenting! So do you have any suggestions on that? Like what i should do...and also my turning is weird too...maybe i should add some weight to the front end for apex's better?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I have the TT-01R so it has aluminum shaft and to do camber i just used something that stands upright and adjusted the wheel until it was flush with the upright item and the ground. I'm toed out a little but I don't have any measuring tools either. I use a 17t double and 6 or 7 cell nimhs, but i have some 2s on the way from hobbycity.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lock your rear diff, Tamiya's you pack it with blue tac, Yokomo you use superglue. Also some weight in the front can help but too much wont help, it's a fine line.
As for hop ups you can get underdrive kits and varius other parts, try rc-race-and-drift.com (i think thats it)
But mostly it's practice, practice, practice and trial and error.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you can get away with just locking the diff.. or both(i have both front and rear locked)
The rear is a single alloy piece, get rid of everything in the diff housing and pop the solid locker in.
the front in mine is a bluetak special.
I have also bought aftermarket shocks and ive wound em down a bit to get it lower.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Ahh...alright thanks guys !! And yeah i been drifting or awhile off and on...havent been to a track yet but i will go to one soon ;] maybe make a drift session or something soon at S&N's Trackside ! Well today im gonna try and figure out the problem is exactly so...i will get back to you guys on how it goes...but otherwise i would love to see your r/c drift cars/bodies...and does anybody know where i can get drift style bodies from anymore? I think the only ones i can get are from like proline, HPI, and HotBodies...otherwise...thats it...because Yokomo went out of business and shut down their online store ...i have a yokomo and dont know what to do with it...because im missing some parts like for the steering... so...yeah SOFL there!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

You still play CS? Add me up if you do, "rocky8333". Not into competitive CS as much anymore, just L4D, but hey w/e.

As for drifting, I think the biggest difference you see (like some guys have said) is locking diffs. That changed the feel more than anything, makes the car more consistent, etc.

For Yokomo cars, check out http://www.genkidoridori.com/ he has quite a few bodies and some Yoke parts.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hahaha...no i dont play CS:S anymore...i did but then i got bored of it...i play BadCompany 2 now though...but i will forsure add you...and how did u know i played CS:S? haha anyways...pretty sweet stuff! And thanks for the Links!!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Hey how do i check to see what my counter-steer degree is set at? Is that something i need to check for in the radio? Or something i need to check on the steering in the car? LOL...i know its a stupid question but i just used it as is...and never made adjustments ever for my steering...and if i did i used to to center itself...please help !!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

"counter steer" mod is a overdrive mod for rear differential. If you dont know what it is, you probably dont have it on your car.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Saw a few clutch, 4k, 3k, deag shots on your youtube, figured I'd ask . I've got BC2 just never got into it enough. Anyway, nice car, you'll only end up spending more money in the hobby.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

hahaha...yeah thats me :P!! I was pretty good at the game...i rang for teams who were main and some pro players before...like Casey Foster lol..but yeah...i dont think i have that mod in my car...i just use my radio to make the adjustments really for countersteering troubleshooting!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Dude no toe out ! Toe out is gunna slow you down a bit! you want toe in! Its critical for Nose diving and hitting your clipping points! and so far as camber I run -2 out back to lessen the contact patch, more of a contact patch = more traction and as far as the Diff most def lock it up!

And Yokomo makes a counter steer kit! It helps alot!

And get you a GYRO or the D-box its like $99.00

It lets me get crazy angles at crazy speeds way before the apex

Last edited by sliding_josh; 07-28-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

And whats up with NISMO decal on the 86 Hatchi Roku!

Been sliding scence 05!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.