Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho electric cars >

Kyosho electric cars

Kyosho electric cars

Old 11-01-2001, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Seems to me TF4R is more reliable than KXone..... People seems to have problem with KXone....

What about performance wise??? is there a big difference? (between TF4R and KXone)
Old 11-02-2001, 07:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TRF: The only real problems I have heard of with the car is the one-way diff.

But, as I said in another thread, thats every company. I have yet to hear of any company that has a one-way front diff that hasn't failed. Thats why I wont use them. Those things cost too much and break too often.

Once Kyosho sures up that one-way diff or people switch to a normal front diff, the KXone seems very durable.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Well Folks... Here it is, the tech services answer. As many of you know, Kyosho denies the problem (as has been stated numerous times by people contacting them regarding this) and as you will read continues to deny the problem.....

Needless to say, I am less than satisfied with this rsponse. I will call them on the phone as email tag has been too slow with them.

Phil W2GE

Kyosho reply follows:

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your Email. Your Email was forwarded to us because we are the Kyosho service center in the U.S.

We have carefully checked our service records, and have not had any comments from our customers about this part. We checked parts demand and did not find any particular part on the car with a high level of failures.

If the front one-way bearing in the Kyosho KX-One is having a difficulty, this is the first we've heard about it.

As far as your comment about many bearing returns to Kyosho is concerned, we have seen absolutelyl none come through the service center. We have had exactly one car sent to us for repairs under the warranty.

One thing to note about comments in Internet newsgroups or forums...most times a large number of comments is generated by a small number of people. The count of posts does not necessarily reflect the actual number of difficulties in the field.

If you are having difficulties with parts on your model, they can be sent to us under the warranty.

We have also passed your comments to the Kyosho management team so that they can investigate the difficulty you mention.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,

Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Dr.
Champaign, IL 61822
USA

Phone: 217 398-0007
Fax: 217 398-7721
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.bestrc.com
Old 11-02-2001, 11:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Wow, that seems helpful.

Thats odd, because I've heard several people imply that Trinity is the only company that has crappy service!

Like I said, give them a call, its to easy to blow people off by email. But, once your talking to them its a lot harder to ignor you.

You guys might want to try to get a petition together or something, to prove how many people there are that are really disatisfied. But, if your really serious about this, don't let up on them until they do something about the problem.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I wonder how many KX-ones have had problems in Asia with the one-ways? Since the car was available there sooner, I would guess that a problem with the one-way would be more evident. I don't doubt what Hobby Services is saying about getting only one request for service for the one-way (mine). The car is relatively new and expensive so the amount of cars running in the US is most likely very very low. But, if all the persons that had failures actually contacted Hobby Services, they would get a better picture of what is happening. I know- it is easier to replace the bearing than packing and sending your whole car in for repair and it's probably easier to just buy the parts for the front diff. Hopefully the Japanese market has spoken up directly with Kyosho and the note that Hobby Services sends to Kyosho about our concerns will be hopefully addressed.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:33 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: that may be their whole reasoning behind asking people to send in the whole car. Who wants to send in their one week old $370 car, because the one-way diff broke? Nobody wants to! Especially if you have a well stocked LHS that has the bearing you need on hand.

I bet if they just had people send in the one-way, they would get a lot more service request.

Its sad when a company feels the need to play games with customers like that.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Forgot to mention....

Newest issue of Xxtreme RC Car reviewed the KX-ONE, basically they loved the car...except the One-Way Failed!!!!

So... Is Kyosho Tech gonna deny that one too???!!!

Phil W2GE
Old 11-02-2001, 03:55 PM
Regional Moderator

w2ge: probably!
Old 11-02-2001, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Oh dam! That's funny!
Send 'em the article!
Old 11-03-2001, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

different topic:

has anybody had slightly leaky shocks?

has any body tried the the threaded kyosho shocks?

BTW how many teeth do the pulleys have, the small one
and the large.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

I havn't driven the car long enough to experience the shocks
but the pulleys are 39 and 20.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for both answers
i actually took the time to figure out the small pulley mathematically

the first day i built the shocks they leaked from the bottom so
I replaced the spacer and ring with 3 hpi o-rings and made sure the top was tightened on completely.

how do you guys think this thing will compare with
yokes and tc3's on a good traction track.
although that wont help my driving but just to know
Old 11-06-2001, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

I used Associated's green slime grease to seal up the o-rings very nicely.
The few races I ran the car was extremely fast on tarmac even with the broken one-way. It was pretty dominating speed wise.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

I've had nothing but problems with the oneway. Blew 4 bearings already. I'm waiting for the ball diff to come in. I like the car, it holds tweak very well. I slamed the wall a few times hard, running a mod (9x2) due to the oneway faliure, and nothing broke and right after the run I put it on my tweak station and it was right on the money. That's a big plus, some cars will tweak after a hit in stock let alone mod. The car is very solid when it comes to breaking anything and with a ball diff, should show very good results. I also replaced the stock shocks with Associated threaded shocks. Much easier to set up and I have all the springs to tune with. I was running the car on carpet with foams plaids front and purples in the rear. Right now I can't comment on set-ups as the car acts to weird with the oneway and having problems with it makes it hard to do anything to improve the car. So until I can get the ball diff I can't make to many changes to improve the car because I just can't tell if it's working better. The car is very twitchy with the oneway, even in stock.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Well, just got my car back from hobbyservices. They replaced the one-way but I don't know if it will just go out again. I guess i'll have to put some packs through it this weekend and let you guys know the outcome.... wish me luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.