Wiki Posts
Search

Ttruggy's

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I started with E truggy last year and have done great with it. I just started driving nitro truggy and it is taking alittle getting used to as I am not one for using alot of brake. I do agree with you though that alot of E truggy drivers are over powered and out of control. Setup is key to E buggy and truggy and it takes alot of trial and error.
when 1/8 e-power get recognized by IFMAR, I'll think about it. And by the way all pro's are faster with nitro than e-power, so you must be better than Drake, Tebo and so on....(I forgot Girls are faster with e-power, Nitro is just too complicated for them)
Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No E car can come close to running nitro. They're fun but not like nitro. Most guys that run solely electric do it because they can't tune a nitro engine. Lots of guys run both, but I think most feel the same way I do.

Electric is tons of fun indoors during the winter(you don't have to deal with the smoke and noise nitro's create indoors or the freezing temps that vent fans create). Outdoor not so much. Thats How I feel about it at least.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
when 1/8 e-power get recognized by IFMAR, I'll think about it. And by the way all pro's are faster with nitro than e-power, so you must be better than Drake, Tebo and so on....(I forgot Girls are faster with e-power, Nitro is just too complicated for them)

really i thought { quote}, pros can drive anything good including 1/8 electric.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
really i thought { quote}, pros can drive anything good including 1/8 electric.
They can. BUT that doesn't mean they're faster with the E's. They're so fast with nitro cars that it doesn't surprise me at all that they would be faster with them.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Actually, there have been a few where they were faster with electric. From what I can tell, it seems electric and nitros are pretty even on the track. Electrics accelerate about 2x's as fast as nitro though which is what makes them so hard to drive for most people until you get used to it. Two totally different driving styles.

As 1/8 electric matures, I don't think it is a wild assumption to say they are going to be faster on the track as we get better slip diffs, clutches, and braking. However, in the hands of joe club racer there doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

Buggies are definitely more popular here, but we usually get enough truggies for a class. I like running both, but it can be pricey to keep two cars running in tip top shape for sure.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

That's funny because I heard Drake is a second faster with his E buggy. I started driving Nitro because of the challenge and the longer mains and I do agree that it takes more to be good at it. With that being said they both have their place and are not for everyone. I guess all the top pros are girls as well since most have a E buggy.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

I'd imagine it all depends on the track. There are some tracks the E cars would NO DOUBT be faster. Others where they would be about even, and maybe even some where the nitro cars are faster. On a power hungry track there is no doubt that the E cars have the advantage. On a tighter track where you can't use the power, the nitro cars may have the advantage. I just know one thing, the two CANNOT be run together in one class.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I run both E and nitro truggy and my E truggy has turned the fastest lap to date at our local track. I am pretty sure that someone who says E truggy is for girls has either got their a#%$ kicked by one or is afraid to race one

As for the truggy class growing this year in our area I think that it staying steady but not really growing.
I dont think fear is the issue, I think the comment was light hearted but battery boys are easily offended. It has been proven over and over. But I would like to see you take that E truggy and run an hour long main with it. A few occasional fast laps wont win that race. E truggy has the fastest laps at the track I run at on occasion and have i beat the e truggys and buggys. And they run 5 min mains which is really only a short sprint and the electric cars should not be losing to a nitro car on big wide open high speed track in a 5 min race. But the truth is that to make them consistant and drivable, they have to be turned down to about the same output as a nitro car or truck but they cant run a long main and that seperates the men from the boys.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I'd imagine it all depends on the track. There are some tracks the E cars would NO DOUBT be faster. Others where they would be about even, and maybe even some where the nitro cars are faster. On a power hungry track there is no doubt that the E cars have the advantage. On a tighter track where you can't use the power, the nitro cars may have the advantage. I just know one thing, the two CANNOT be run together in one class.

well we the nitro guys just have, to deal with a mixed 1/8 class for a while.
well defielty on a tight techinal, track a e 1/8 whould have a advange but on a big but too big offroad... track thats techinal with advange joe drivers like me its kind of equal.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crazysavage
I dont think fear is the issue, I think the comment was light hearted but battery boys are easily offended. It has been proven over and over. But I would like to see you take that E truggy and run an hour long main with it. A few occasional fast laps wont win that race. E truggy has the fastest laps at the track I run at on occasion and have i beat the e truggys and buggys. And they run 5 min mains which is really only a short sprint and the electric cars should not be losing to a nitro car on big wide open high speed track in a 5 min race. But the truth is that to make them consistant and drivable, they have to be turned down to about the same output as a nitro car or truck but they cant run a long main and that seperates the men from the boys.
X2 well said buddy.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I agree 100%. They should always be ran seperate to make it fair for both.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by crazysavage

thats a good point about just, turning down the power so its equal to nitros intill theres a class for the 1/8 elec at all places. and it would make the racing better.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There has definitely been a decrease in the number of truggies up here. Sucks, because they're a lot of fun. I expect to have to cut back to one class next season due to tuition and it's going to be buggy.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Semple
There has definitely been a decrease in the number of truggies up here. Sucks, because they're a lot of fun. I expect to have to cut back to one class next season due to tuition and it's going to be buggy.

i wonder why though there, is a decrease in truggys up where you live at ?

isnt your ecomony better than us right now ?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i wonder why though there, is a decrease in truggys up where you live at ?

isnt your ecomony better than us right now ?
Marginally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.