Wiki Posts
Search

Exhaust Gas Coolers? Good or Bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I forgot to mention that the other reason for going with the Werks motors is that Ron's service is next to none. What other engine producer do you see always answering everyone's questions on the forum? Ron is always there if you need him and for a new nitro guy like me that's very important.
Steve odonnell as well.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

I don't have one and I don't know/care if they work but I have some input.
It seems like everyone thinks the exhaust gas passes through in large amount and very fast! That is not true. The pressure line is there to keep PRESSURE on the fuel. There is actually not that much exhaust that goes THROUGH the line.
When you open the lid and re-fuel the pressure goes out and when you close the lid a small amount of gas will go into the tank until it's full and the pressure is built up, then there is no more exhaust gas going THROUGH the line/cooler. During the race the tank will get drained of fuel and the now empty space in the tank will get filled with exhaust gas but this is such a small amount and it is entering slowly.
Therefor a exhaust gas cooler will have very small or no effect.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whether you like them or not.......the claim it is a hassle or a point of failure is just not valid. Most coolers have no theads etc. They are machined from a single piece. Same claim could be made for fuel filters. I never had a "failure", it just is not something anyone should worry about if you are thinking of trying one. Many things is racing are suspect or questionable, so do what you want. I'll keep mine on.......
Old 07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
Whether you like them or not.......the claim it is a hassle or a point of failure is just not valid. Most coolers have no theads etc. They are machined from a single piece. Same claim could be made for fuel filters. I never had a "failure", it just is not something anyone should worry about if you are thinking of trying one. Many things is racing are suspect or questionable, so do what you want. I'll keep mine on.......
You've never seen a fuel filter leak? I have seen plenty develop air leaks and lead the user through an epic tuning battle. Simple solution... Cut out anything in the fuel system that can cause leaks and doesn't need to be there. The simpler the better when it comes to the fuel system.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damn yer a posting machine^^^ Some people including myself dont like em, even though my head temps dropped 12degrees consistently. Other people, like Ed Bridges use them. That alone is going to make me revaluate my stance a bit. If I see another 'gas coolers-good or bad' thread I will smash my computer
Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

maybe this is a dumb question, but oh well.

Ok, so all this hype is about keeping the fuel cool right? Well why not just stick yer bottle of fuel in a cooler of ice and keep it in there and it will be cold from the get go. Or maybe even put it in the fridge the night before and then keep it on ice during the race.

Or is this a stupid/bad idea?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
maybe this is a dumb question, but oh well.

Ok, so all this hype is about keeping the fuel cool right? Well why not just stick yer bottle of fuel in a cooler of ice and keep it in there and it will be cold from the get go. Or maybe even put it in the fridge the night before and then keep it on ice during the race.

Or is this a stupid/bad idea?
to cold and moisture springs to mind
Old 07-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

got ya!

I did a search and found this too. Would this work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

Also, where are you guys finding cheaper gas coolers? I am seeing the RB ones, but personally I think its a bit high. Any others? Link plz?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
got ya!

I did a search and found this too. Would this work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

Also, where are you guys finding cheaper gas coolers? I am seeing the RB ones, but personally I think its a bit high. Any others? Link plz?
get this one: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

mine is similar to that one. the fioroni one, IMO, is a waste of money and wont work the same, your paying more for the name
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

If you guys that say it does work REALLY want your fuel to be cold/cooler listen to this.

Why don't you get a gas cooler and just put it on the fuel line instead?!
That way you will REALLY cool that fuel down.
Heck, why don't use a cooler on both lines. One on the exhaust and one on the fuel line. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious! It would work pretty well!
Fluid cools (dissipates heat) better then air/gas so the small increment in fuel temperature added by the gas would EASILY be taken away if you let the fuel pass through even the smallest cooler. Take it from someone that has used Water Cooling for my PC for over ten years!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you guy's really that stupid?A cooler for the pulse line really?Don't you know the difference between somethings thats good or bad?This is a stupid idea that someone came up with and figured if they anadized something and put it on the market with the claim it cools the fuel down a bunch off people would jump on it and they would make a s**t load of money for something that serves no purpose.It dosen't work ..................Get over it.Its a scam .S**t is S**t no matter what color it is.Come on guy's wtf!!! I guess the one's who went out and got one of these will chime in telling how good it works.Fact is you have know idea if it works ...........And you threw your money away on something that makes no sence... I don't care what you say common sence tells me the idea is stupidAnd guess what it doesn't make you faster either!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry you have to earn that...
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
Are you guy's really that stupid?A cooler for the pulse line really?Don't you know the difference between somethings thats good or bad?This is a stupid idea that someone came up with and figured if they anadized something and put it on the market with the claim it cools the fuel down a bunch off people would jump on it and they would make a s**t load of money for something that serves no purpose.It dosen't work ..................Get over it.Its a scam .S**t is S**t no matter what color it is.Come on guy's wtf!!! I guess the one's who went out and got one of these will chime in telling how good it works.Fact is you have know idea if it works ...........And you threw your money away on something that makes no sence... I don't care what you say common sence tells me the idea is stupidAnd guess what it doesn't make you faster either!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry you have to earn that...
Says the guy who thinks pre heating your engine is a waste of time
Old 07-25-2010, 04:14 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

agree w/the guy who said its just another potential leak problem area.

R
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Well i guess that means Dlewis4 has one.Let me guess it looks trick!I don't think pre heating your engine is a waste of time.I just think comp heat is a waste of money.I know they work.I for one could use that money else where.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
If you guys that say it does work REALLY want your fuel to be cold/cooler listen to this.

Why don't you get a gas cooler and just put it on the fuel line instead?!
That way you will REALLY cool that fuel down.
Heck, why don't use a cooler on both lines. One on the exhaust and one on the fuel line. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious! It would work pretty well!
Fluid cools (dissipates heat) better then air/gas so the small increment in fuel temperature added by the gas would EASILY be taken away if you let the fuel pass through even the smallest cooler. Take it from someone that has used Water Cooling for my PC for over ten years!
Thats what they want you to do put 2 of them on.That way they can put more money in there pockets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.