Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . . >

Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . .

Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . .

Old 06-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Entropy
Mabuchi:

I think its best to go with the car that you like if budget isn't an issue. Better to die with your loved one, than to live with one you hate

Well put
Old 06-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Yes indeed well put......

Originally posted by Entropy
Mabuchi:

I think its best to go with the car that you like if budget isn't an issue. Better to die with your loved one, than to live with one you hate

Since parts support is non-existant for any car, it don't matter which car you get.

In the end, parts only break if you crash your car often and/or you're a reckless driver.

The only reason to stay away from a particular car is if it has a systemic flaw. Something that breaks regularly in the normal running of the car rather than user error.

I personally have a Pro4 and a TA04, both I got because I liked. Despite their flaws (if any), I still make them run the best they can, because I like them alot.
It's not that parts support is non existant but to get a part for either of the ones I have in mind it's quicker to ask my bro to travel half an hour down the road to pick up a part in Melbourne and post it to me here in NZ (and pay him back via postal order or something).

Than it is for me to travel 5-6 hours to the nearest shop here that stocks the same cars or get someone to write a cheque for me and post it to them.

It's a matter of logistics basically.

In addition to my F2001 comment.....I had even considered the Tamiya Mini class that is race here in NZ where the only hop up your allowed is a set of ball bearings however your also stuck with using the 3 step speed control and I wouldn't go near one of those again if you paid me.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-03-2004 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . .

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
The list is Schumacer MI2, Losi xxx-s, Xray Factory (the only one I can't afford two of) and TA04 TRF cars. The winning car will be run in 540 stock class with 1500mah packs.

What I'd like to know from drivers of each (particularly from those who maybe running them in stock 540 of course) is what was it about the cars you didn't get that took them off your list.

Cheers in advance.

Ps: Please disregard the "whatever your local hobby shop supports" factor because there isn't one and any part would have to be mail ordered anyway.

Nb: if you think I'm going to scroll through 6000 plus replies on each cars thread think again. :P
Mabuchi540

By now you should have made up your mind. You yourself said "Nb: if you think I'm going to scroll through 6000 plus replies on each cars thread think again"

You're forgetting an important thing, this is a hobby, make your choice, if you don't like the car, sell it, by the other one. Surely you would have noted that this industry is always pumping out new cars. By the time you make up mind, its likely that the car you choice will be replaced by its newer version within a few months. Note I live in South Africa and have a NTC3, TA04 and King Blackfoot. I buy 75% of spares and hop ups from Towerhobbies in the states. I'm doing it this way can work for you also

Stop giving yourself such a headache.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Talking No headache.....

but like I said it would have been easy if the Tamiya f201 was allowed or you could at least use an Esc in the mini cooper. :P
Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: See I just knew it had been too many years away from RC.....

Droop? Is that like preload on the springs?
Droop = downtravel. It's the suspensions ability to travel a little (usually 1-2 mm) downwards, compared to where the chassis settle while just standing still.

It's very important to have proper droop.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Now that just sounds like ride height adjustment?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok....I'm sorry..but this post is getting way out of hand....

You want the ultimate car...with any spare that could conceivably break...to run Mabuchi 540's and 1500 stick packs that you don't want to split and reconfigure....

You want a top level, leading edge design, race car...yet you don't know what droop is. Pardon me for saying so...but if you don't understand droop or the other settings..you may have trouble getting the proper setup with any car.

The Xray at least has a suspension tuning and setup guide that is incredibly detailed that comes with it...if you get anything else you may want to consider looking into the XXX-Main Touring car setuup guide...

Just get a kit already!!!!! Not to be insulting..but you're not going to notice the subtle differences between the different chassis.

Consider this...Put behind the wheel of 3 1:1 scale F1 cars....you'll find the performance of each of them equal, because you're NOWHERE NEAR being able to push them to their limits!

Which car do you keep going back to? When you look at the kits what do you use a a frame of reference for comparison? Answer those questions to yourself and buy something and GO RACE ALREADY

You don't want to read posts on each of the cars because they're too long...but here you have pushed this post over 4 pages by flip flopping back adn forth and being wishy washy.....

Good luck...but quit over-analysing everything....I understand that it's a lot of money...but you're spending a lot of extra money you shouldn't have to...I don't know where your $1500 car+spare parts list came from...but I can't imagine that much actually being required.

What I suspect is more likely yto happen is that you'll have lots of spares you don't need and then when the time comes you'll end up trying to sell off your kit+spares to get the next big thing and be crying the blueus that no one wants to pay top dollar for your spare parts!!

And as far as no credit card and no cheques go....you can get a cheque drafted from your bank, or a money order....and if you don't have a bank..since you don't have cheques, cards, or a well equipped hobby shop...then many variety stores and post offices will make money orders.

I'm assuming if there is racing, that there is at least some form of hobby shop nearby. Have you given any thought to actually buying what tthey sell so that you don't need that long list of parts and actually helping support your local hobby shop?
Old 06-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Default One paragraph at a time. . . .

Firstly if you don't like the thread don't post to it or does that concept allude you?

You want the ultimate car...with any spare that could conceivably break...to run Mabuchi 540's and 1500 stick packs that you don't want to split and reconfigure.......

Yeah so at least I can say I've never had a race day end on me in the 7 years I did off road and if by ultimate you mean I actually like it then sure why not don't you?

You want a top level, leading edge design, race car...yet you don't know what droop is. <<< I NEVER SAID THAT Pardon me for saying so...but if you don't understand droop or the other settings..you may have trouble getting the proper setup with any car.<<<IF droop is ride height then yes I do if it's not then enlighten me Obi Wan.

Just get a kit already!!!!! Not to be insulting..but you're not going to notice the subtle differences between the different chassis.

<<< Wanna bet I sure as shit could in off-road ok so my best result in off-road was no better than 4th in the country I'm sorry that's not good enough is it...or bite me take your pick.

Consider this...Put behind the wheel of 3 1:1 scale F1 cars....you'll find the performance of each of them equal, because you're NOWHERE NEAR being able to push them to their limits!<<<see my comment about off-road clever dick.

Which car do you keep going back to? When you look at the kits what do you use a a frame of reference for comparison? Answer those questions to yourself and buy something and GO RACE ALREADY <<< I alread have and as SAID if the cars i wanted to race were legal I would.

You don't want to read posts on each of the cars because they're too long...but here you have pushed this post over 4 pages by flip flopping back adn forth and being wishy washy.....<<<Oh I'm sorry it appears I'm the only one that has posted here. OR "So I'm not supposed to respond to comments is that how it works in the threads sorry my bad" I think the second one is the most sarcastic myself but then again it's 1.22 am.

Good luck...but quit over-analysing everything....I understand that it's a lot of money...but you're spending a lot of extra money you shouldn't have to...I don't know where your $1500 car+spare parts list came from...but I can't imagine that much actually being required.<<<< read the f-ing posts already I SAID it was cheaper by about 300 to buy a second kit + spares instead of just buying it all in spares

What I suspect is more likely yto happen is that you'll have lots of spares you don't need and then when the time comes you'll end up trying to sell off your kit+spares to get the next big thing and be crying the blueus that no one wants to pay top dollar for your spare parts!!<<<

Well the fact I still have most of my off road stuff after 12 years shoots that down unless of course you want an old T1X novak oh go on you know you want to.

And as far as no credit card and no cheques go....you can get a cheque drafted from your bank, <<<I particually liked that bit when it's like 8-10$ for a bank cheque and like i'm going to do that for say a $7 A arm lmao there thanks.

or a money order....and if you don't have a bank..since you don't have cheques, cards, or a well equipped hobby shop...then many variety stores and post offices will make money orders. <<< I have ALWAYS delt in cash and will never do it any other way

I'm assuming if there is racing, that there is at least some form of hobby shop nearby. Have you given any thought to actually buying what tthey sell so that you don't need that long list of parts and actually helping support your local hobby shop? <<<this one was easy NO there is not unless of coure you want to run a TB-01 tamiya that is.

Oh and pull ya fricken head in.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-03-2004 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Mabuchi540

You're probably not gonna like this, but you're in the wrong here buddy. I'm sure that with all the advice and recommendations you should be able to choose your car and get on with it.

It surely doen't take a 4 page thread to find a solution to your dilemma.

No need to use vulgar language either, try and be civilized please.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: One paragraph at a time. . . .

Firstly if you don't like the thread don't post to it or does that concept allude you?

You want the ultimate car...with any spare that could conceivably break...to run Mabuchi 540's and 1500 stick packs that you don't want to split and reconfigure.......

Yeah so at least I can say I've never had a race day end on me in the 7 years I did off road and if by ultimate you mean I actually like it then sure why not don't you?

You want a top level, leading edge design, race car...yet you don't know what droop is. <<< I NEVER SAID THAT Pardon me for saying so...but if you don't understand droop or the other settings..you may have trouble getting the proper setup with any car.<<<IF droop is ride height then yes I do if it's not then enlighten me Obi Wan.

<<< Wanna bet I sure as shit could in off-road ok so my best result in off-road was no better than 4th in the country I'm sorry that's not good enough is it...or bite me take your pick.

Consider this...Put behind the wheel of 3 1:1 scale F1 cars....you'll find the performance of each of them equal, because you're NOWHERE NEAR being able to push them to their limits!<<<see my comment about off-road clever dick.

Which car do you keep going back to? When you look at the kits what do you use a a frame of reference for comparison? Answer those questions to yourself and buy something and GO RACE ALREADY <<< I alread have and as SAID if the cars i wanted to race were legal I would.

You don't want to read posts on each of the cars because they're too long...but here you have pushed this post over 4 pages by flip flopping back adn forth and being wishy washy.....<<<Oh I'm sorry it appears I'm the only one that has posted here. OR "So I'm not supposed to respond to comments is that how it works in the threads sorry my bad" I think the second one is the most sarcastic myself but then again it's 1.22 am.

Good luck...but quit over-analysing everything....I understand that it's a lot of money...but you're spending a lot of extra money you shouldn't have to...I don't know where your $1500 car+spare parts list came from...but I can't imagine that much actually being required.<<<< read the f-ing posts already I SAID it was cheaper by about 300 to buy a second kit + spares instead of just buying it all in spares

What I suspect is more likely yto happen is that you'll have lots of spares you don't need and then when the time comes you'll end up trying to sell off your kit+spares to get the next big thing and be crying the blueus that no one wants to pay top dollar for your spare parts!!<<<

Well the fact I still have most of my off road stuff after 12 years shoots that down unless of course you want an old T1X novak oh go on you know you want to.

And as far as no credit card and no cheques go....you can get a cheque drafted from your bank, <<<I particually liked that bit when it's like 8-10$ for a bank cheque and like i'm going to do that for say a $7 A arm lmao there thanks.

or a money order....and if you don't have a bank..since you don't have cheques, cards, or a well equipped hobby shop...then many variety stores and post offices will make money orders. <<< I have ALWAYS delt in cash and will never do it any other way

I'm assuming if there is racing, that there is at least some form of hobby shop nearby. Have you given any thought to actually buying what tthey sell so that you don't need that long list of parts and actually helping support your local hobby shop? <<<this one was easy NO there is not unless of coure you want to run a TB-01 tamiya that is.

Oh and pull ya fricken head in.

i second that .
post and be helpful.
last thing....SHUT DA HELL UP
Old 06-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Wow I didn't realise that fricken and bite me were vulgar but then again his thread/post was rather holyier than tho so which is worse? And I'd hardly think four pages is much it's not easy when you had a clear 1st and 2nd choice but you have to go to 4 equally placed 3rd places.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 06-03-2004 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry guy...not trying to get into a flame war...

I realise it's late and your'e cranky..but I really wasn't expecting so much venom in your reply.

I've been reading this thread because it's interesting to see peoples opinions on the different kits.

Your constant replies to everyone's opinions seems to be...great..thanks for what you think..but that doesn't apply to me.

My point bing..if you're the only one that knows what applies to you..you're the only one that's going to be able to know what is best, and ultimately it's your money to spend.

I can appreciate sarcasm..but you did kind of push it over the line.

It's been stated several times on this thread that the final choices you've narrowed it down to are all top-notch kit and none fo them would be a 'wrong' decision.

hmmmm...I wonder what kind of names you'll call me after this reply?

MAybe you should just go to bed if you're that cranky
Old 06-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Well what to say what to say.....

Well firstly my apologies if you thought that was too much, personally I don't but as i say if you do then I etc etc.

Yes people have said things that don't apply to me and I have thanked them for their comments genuinely so but just as genuinely at time they have not applied to me.

Yes I'm sure I'd be happy from a technical aspect with whatever i get but that said I want a kit that pushes my buttons As my first choice did but the remaining four more or less don't but i want to get into on-road so I have to umm make one of them push my buttons and at the moment none of them do really.

As for names well actually I rather liked your reply thanks.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

AHH, buddies again...very nice....now..go and buy your car and return to ask us how you go about improving it so that we can get closure on this particular topic

Thank you
Old 06-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

This thread is ridiculous.

I wonder if this guy has read my posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.