Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im about to order a set for my mi4lp but wanted to know what people thought would be better to get. I was planning on getting the front cvs with a spool but didnt know if the stealth spool was a good idea or just the standard spool. Also, when you purchase the spool, it comes with a set of dogbones. Will i be able to use those bones as replacements with the cvs driveshafts if one were to bend or break?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What do the LiteModz Standard competition and Pro edition spools look like?
Also silly but I'll ask, do the CVS's handle Mod motors and clipping walls better the the CVD's? I am a Stock drivers the like playing Mod on practice weekends and don't handle the car 100%
Old 09-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bobert Ross
Im about to order a set for my mi4lp but wanted to know what people thought would be better to get. I was planning on getting the front cvs with a spool but didnt know if the stealth spool was a good idea or just the standard spool. Also, when you purchase the spool, it comes with a set of dogbones. Will i be able to use those bones as replacements with the cvs driveshafts if one were to bend or break?
Well i guess what my greatest concern is can you use the stealth spool with the stock bones or only the standard litemodz spool will work with the stock bones with blades? . The litemodz site does not have a lot of picture nor are the pictures consistent with the product description that are pictured so i can't see what the standard spool looks like and see how the spool differs from the stealth.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Again, anyone know who to contact here on the forums or have a viable email account to send to? I ordered screws that were 'instock' last week. Thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[email protected]
Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrew-01
Again, anyone know who to contact here on the forums or have a viable email account to send to? I ordered screws that were 'instock' last week. Thanks
email them at [email protected] or call +44(0)1603928158 . I notice my bits (not driveshafts) hadn't been posted from the web site status so emailed them. Got a very quick response and was posted out the next day.

Got stuff now but PLEASE litemodz, don't go down this road of having to be moaned at to get stuff posted. That was the cause of death for TR.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
email them at [email protected] or call +44(0)1603928158 . I notice my bits (not driveshafts) hadn't been posted from the web site status so emailed them. Got a very quick response and was posted out the next day.

Got stuff now but PLEASE litemodz, don't go down this road of having to be moaned at to get stuff posted. That was the cause of death for TR.
Hi
I personally know LM have been waiting on clips to assemble the CVS's. Iv been told that the next delivery of clips are expected tomorrow mornig, so all hands to the pumps to build them.
I was personally involved in testing these V3 CVS's and can assure everyon that these are awesome.
Cheers Malc
Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi
I personally know LM have been waiting on clips to assemble the CVS's. Iv been told that the next delivery of clips are expected tomorrow mornig, so all hands to the pumps to build them.
I was personally involved in testing these V3 CVS's and can assure everyon that these are awesome.
Cheers Malc
Hi Malc
I was watching your car at the WLRC BTCC last weekend and it looked awsome, were you using the CVS drive shafts there ??? What difference did they make at WLRC compared to your standard drive shafts

Thanks Adrian
Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Hi Malc
I was watching your car at the WLRC BTCC last weekend and it looked awsome, were you using the CVS drive shafts there ??? What difference did they make at WLRC compared to your standard drive shafts

Thanks Adrian
Hi but which Adrian is this?
Thanks for those kind comments :0). Well I could say yes I was running V3 CVS's but in fact I was in the rear of the car, but TIR ones in the front. The car defo has more traction at the rear with these CVS's, but I do know the car turns in earlier and Is far smoother into and out of a corner, and with the geared diff I've made fit my HB TC will be even quicker, but was running a ball diff at the BTCC and for the finals of the GP the week before.
Cheers Malc :0)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yeah I've wanted to see a pic of the revision...

before I order a set. Can someone post some updated pics. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
Originally Posted by YZFAndy

Thank you very much guys. An email has been sent out.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Andrew E-Mail sent to you.

Jon
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Has Anybody received and tried the latest design yet?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good question. They have been available at Demon it seems for a while. Most likely those who put down their money first in good faith to support the company will get them last. Here we go again another fiasco worthy of TR so no change there.

Always loved the products, great ideas - consumer nightmare
Old 09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Tried a new set today (latest revision) and they worked fine.

Four races with only a few minor crashes, so far, so good.

I would certainly keep an eye on the amount of crap that the grease can attract.

I removed some of the excess grease before installing, but some of it still comes out.
I haven't yet taken them apart to inspect the balls etc but the driveshaft's themselves are fine.

My first run on new tyres got me a personal track record on that layout.

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.