Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
LRP 28 spec 3 piston/rod removal >

LRP 28 spec 3 piston/rod removal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP 28 spec 3 piston/rod removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LRP 28 spec 3 piston/rod removal

OK, now I know I posted the same question in the Nitro Off-road section, but I'm not getting much help, so I thought I'd try here since it's going into a on-road car anyways.

Also if this has been answered before, please let me know where. I searched but you don't get much when most of the words are not four letters long.....

Finally, here is my issue, I can't seem to figure out how to get the rod and piston out of this engine. Since it has the pull start extension (for now) the rod doesn't quite side off enough to come out. Yes I took the sleeve out, and yes I have taken engines apart before, but never a pull-start like this design. And yes I feel like a complete idiot for not being able to figure this out.....

And if you feel like flaming me, go for it, I have Nomex underwear on.