Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gvm23
I just got a new tc6.1 today it has a lrp flow esc and reedy sonic mach 2 13.5 I have a hobby wing xerun 3656sd 4 pole 3400kv that I'm not using. Which would be better?
In my opinion stay with the flow with the 13.5 just take it easy if u are a new driver
SPEKTRUM
SAVOX
Old 11-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Initiate

X2 on the 13.5

Good choice on the LRP Flow great ESC IMO, seems to work even better with the latests updates and X20 motor - seriously quick combo
Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thanks I'll leave it how it is!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was recently brought up in another thread, so I figured I bring it here too.

What Cam holder position are you using to hold your spool and or gear diffs? I'm currently using the stock set up in the manual. 'mid-low' position. Though I've been thinking about putting the other cam holder so I may have the 'lowest' position. I will have a lower CG but I will be reducing my roll too. Any thoughts on the matter and or examples is appreciated. Ty.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

What Cam holder position are you using to hold your spool and or gear diffs? I'm currently using the stock set up in the manual. 'mid-low' position. Though I've been thinking about putting the other cam holder so I may have the 'lowest' position. I will have a lower CG but I will be reducing my roll too. Any thoughts on the matter and or examples is appreciated. Ty.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

You can help your imagination by taking a front wheel of a bicycle, turn it and hold it by its axle. Then try to turn and move it around. You will be aware of the forces that occur through the rotation (centrifugal force).
Now imagine these forces in a smaller amount in your car. It is like having extra weight in your car when driving through corners. Having the diff low will reduce the roll of your chassis.
I for myself always use the low diff cams...
Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
You can help your imagination by taking a front wheel of a bicycle, turn it and hold it by its axle. Then try to turn and move it around. You will be aware of the forces that occur through the rotation (centrifugal force).
Now imagine these forces in a smaller amount in your car. It is like having extra weight in your car when driving through corners. Having the diff low will reduce the roll of your chassis.
I for myself always use the low diff cams...
That makes great sense. So do u still lower ur roll center then too? In order to give you some rolling still? Or you try to keep the rolling low?
Any other thoughts....?

Also I wanted to see if anyone knows where to get the body post adjustment device...
Ive been seeing them all over the 6.2 pics. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-img_8325.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all

Theres some pics of my completed TC6.1 RSD/EXO car, looks quite similar to the latests TC6.2. Really pleased with the improvement on track from the updates its generally better everywhere. Looking forward to seeing how it goes in the 2014 nationals against the actual TC6.2s.

http://s873.photobucket.com/user/BrooksT67/library/

Thanks
Tom
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
Also I wanted to see if anyone knows where to get the body post adjustment device...
Ive been seeing them all over the 6.2 pics. Thanks!

Both Yokomo and Tamiya sell them,

Yokomo part number is bd-abm6
Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evochick
Both Yokomo and Tamiya sell them,

Yokomo part number is bd-abm6
Awesome! Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

That makes great sense. So do u still lower ur roll center then too? In order to give you some rolling still? Or you try to keep the rolling low?
I like the use of soft springs. But the lower diff cam is not a huge difference to the standard diff cam. The difference will be around some hundreth of a second maximum if your setup responds well to the change. Other than that you will not recognize the change...(still nice to know).
Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Any other thoughts on this?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Any other thoughts on this?
Hi Mike, something I was told about this from a team driver was that the spool height relative to the axle height has a leveraging characteristic for lack of a better term. If the CVDs are angled upward, they tend to pull the suspension arms downward under torque. In other words, they tend to want to straighten when spinning. If the Spool is high in the bulkheads, they will tend to pull the arms upward. I have found this tuning technique quite valuable on carpet where the traction is high and your car tends to traction roll.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hi Mike, something I was told about this from a team driver was that the spool height relative to the axle height has a leveraging characteristic for lack of a better term. If the CVDs are angled upward, they tend to pull the suspension arms downward under torque. In other words, they tend to want to straighten when spinning. If the Spool is high in the bulkheads, they will tend to pull the arms upward. I have found this tuning technique quite valuable on carpet where the traction is high and your car tends to traction roll.
Hey Zack, havent seen you at NorCal since the Reedy race bud

I see what youre saying there. That does make some sense too. My question is more along the lines of CG and handling effects due to lowering the gear diff and spool positions. Thanks bud. Hope to see you at the next Big race on up here. Also any thoughts on the 6.2?

Cheers!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Yokomo Springs

Would the pro shock springs long (YS-14575L) work right away on AE's VCS3 shocks or we need to buy something else ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.