Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just want to add, that I could battle with BD7's and a T4 in a race today. And these cars are nice, look good, but are not the one second a lap faster like some guys try to make us believe. Of course the driver counts, but I am not the "Talent" and was able leave quite some good guys behind today. If these cars are really faster then it is some thousands of a second. It is still everything in the setup and then the last four tenth in the driver. The BD7 seems to have a very nice basic setup (maybe setup window) and the T4 really smooth shocks, but that seems to be all...
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossb
I called AE and they set me a complete diff shim kit, part # 31348. I installed the shims that go on the outdrives (outside of the diff case) and with these shims in place I found my outdrives to be much too tight. These shims were making the diff action much too tight so I ended up removing them. This makes me wonder if AE left them out of my 6.1 kit on purpose.
make sure you have them the right way round...

i had them wrong the first time i build my gear diff and found it VERY tight.

ed
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
make sure you have them the right way round...

i had them wrong the first time i build my gear diff and found it VERY tight.

ed
How do you mean? I put the bigger one inside the case and the smaller one outside the diff case and behind the seal.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rossb
How do you mean? I put the bigger one inside the case and the smaller one outside the diff case and behind the seal.
there were two washers that were simular, i rememeber getting them mixed up and haveing simular problems

ed
Old 10-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Associated TC6.1 Discontinued at Tower Hobbies.

Was very close to buying one from these guys as the discount codes make it competitive for us in Aussie. Shops like A Main Hobbies dont do the discounts so not worth buying from them.

Why would Tower stop supporting the TC6.1

What other brands have easy and reasonably priced spares for Aussies.
Team Magic?, Capricorn?

Where do other Aussies buy parts for AE TC6.

Will Tower still provide parts support for the TC6.1 or any AE product.

Seems a bit strange to me.

Last edited by El Nitro; 10-07-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

TC6.1 Worlds Edition is coming out.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys. What's the best way to gain some rear grip? I'm running on carpet with solaris medium tires. I have the oil at 30 in the rear with green springs. Everything else is kit setting. I'm looping it and the end of the straight and back end is stepping out in every corner to the point that I cannot drive it. I have some guys who are going to help me at the track next weekend, but if I can go in with the right setup (or close to it) it might make things easier.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flagler
Hey guys. What's the best way to gain some rear grip? I'm running on carpet with solaris medium tires. I have the oil at 30 in the rear with green springs. Everything else is kit setting. I'm looping it and the end of the straight and back end is stepping out in every corner to the point that I cannot drive it. I have some guys who are going to help me at the track next weekend, but if I can go in with the right setup (or close to it) it might make things easier.
Post your setup...
It will then be a lot easier to see where you are going wrong. One simple tip would be to reduce your rear droop. You are likely transferring too much weight forward when entering a turn so reducing the rear droop will limit the forward weight transfer. This is one of the easiest changes to use in a pinch for biasing weight transfer for me. Your tires may be too soft as well...I know, it sounds strange but if you think about it, the reason your rear is breaking loose is because the front has too much grip which can be exaggerated by softer tires. Ever since I realized that weight transfer is king and how nearly all setting changes influence weight transfer, I can find a reliable starting point fairly quickly at any track.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YoDog
Post your setup...
It will then be a lot easier to see where you are going wrong. One simple tip would be to reduce your rear droop. You are likely transferring too much weight forward when entering a turn so reducing the rear droop will limit the forward weight transfer. This is one of the easiest changes to use in a pinch for biasing weight transfer for me. Your tires may be too soft as well...I know, it sounds strange but if you think about it, the reason your rear is breaking loose is because the front has too much grip which can be exaggerated by softer tires. Ever since I realized that weight transfer is king and how nearly all setting changes influence weight transfer, I can find a reliable starting point fairly quickly at any track.
Well, the tires are spec so they cannot be changed. And the rest of the setup is what the manual says to build it with. Can a setting like droop really make such a big change?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rigelkent09
any tricks on how to deal with loctite?? i stripped 3 screw in my tc6 as im about to switch a new spur, thanks.
I take it that you mean the (2) 2.5mm screws that hold the spur gear shaft?
Change them to socket cap head screws instead of button head as they use a bigger wrench. You can tighten them better as well so no need for loctite.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Well, the tires are spec so they cannot be changed. And the rest of the setup is what the manual says to build it with. Can a setting like droop really make such a big change?
Ok, the stock setup is great for pavement but carpet has more front grip. Actually more grip over all but if your car is setup for pavement, it will oversteer on carpet. You can start with stiffer springs all around, stiffer front stabilizer, less sauce on the front tires and higher roll center in the front end.
Notice that all my suggestions are in the front of the car? That's because the weight is moving forward when turning. If you follow the weight, you will see the problem.
If you have a smartphone or an ipad, I would suggest getting the RC Workbench app from Martin Crisp. I learned a lot from that app. (shameless plug) Oh yeah... Droop can have a dramatic effect on handling especially in high grip conditions because acceleration and deceleration are more pronounced.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YoDog
If you have a smartphone or an ipad, I would suggest getting the RC Workbench app
This app is amazing! Downloaded it a couple weeks ago and I feel like it has taught me so much about setup!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If you can get in contact with Jeff Cuffs, I think he could give you a good starting point.

From what I remember running last year, closer to 3.5 rear toe, 2 degrees camber rear, 1.5 camber front, green rear springs, silver front, 1.5 droop front, 2mm droop rear.....

silvers all the way around can work too, depends on your shock fluid, tried a few different setups using different fluids.

Last edited by oceanhighz; 10-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi I am sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have a table of positions for the upper camber links

I have just installed the vertical camber link clamps and wondered what I need to do to get a similar setup that I had with the standard carbon towers?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Hi I am sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have a table of positions for the upper camber links

I have just installed the vertical camber link clamps and wondered what I need to do to get a similar setup that I had with the standard carbon towers?

Thanks in advance for your help
#3 on the old towers is V1 on the vertical mount, using a short neck ballstud, and no shims.

i also would love to see a chart.

ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.