Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I'm trying to learn how to tune a gear diff. I'm using a Associated gear diff in the rear and spool on the front of my TC6 that I'm running in VTA on a Med to high grip carpet track. I want to know is better to run 30wt shock oil or1000wt diff lube. Now I don't know if there's a big difference in brand gear diffs but I'm the only Tc6 at my track everything else is Xray, Serpent, Tamiya and Sakura. Most of the other racers are telling me 30wt shock oil won't work or it will leak out because its to thin.

Thanx for the help Team Associated.
30Wt shock oil for the AE diff has become the typical starting point. I would definitely start with this. You will have no problems with leaks assuming everything is put together correctly.

We used 1000 when we used Spec-R diffs in the the TC6, but that will be too thick in the AE diff.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Thanx Rick
Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

"I'm sexy and i Know it..."
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by jorgesimes

"I'm sexy and i Know it..."
Hella Sexy
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
A lightweight body is going to make a huge difference especially if you are having problems traction rolling. Softer springs will help too. Green rear/silver front if you have not tried this combo.
I started with green rear and silver front and went stiffer with the blue front and silver rear. I would have thought the stiffer the car is the less traction it would have thus the less traction rolling. Am I backwards on that thought?

I didnt think the weight of the body (same model) would make a huge difference. So are you saying that for my setup I should go softer springs and changing the body should reduce my traction roll? No other changes?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I'm trying to learn how to tune a gear diff. I'm using a Associated gear diff in the rear and spool on the front of my TC6 that I'm running in VTA on a Med to high grip carpet track. I want to know is better to run 30wt shock oil or1000wt diff lube. Now I don't know if there's a big difference in brand gear diffs but I'm the only Tc6 at my track everything else is Xray, Serpent, Tamiya and Sakura. Most of the other racers are telling me 30wt shock oil won't work or it will leak out because its to thin.

Thanx for the help Team Associated.
Originally Posted by RussF
I started with green rear and silver front and went stiffer with the blue front and silver rear. I would have thought the stiffer the car is the less traction it would have thus the less traction rolling. Am I backwards on that thought?

I didnt think the weight of the body (same model) would make a huge difference. So are you saying that for my setup I should go softer springs and changing the body should reduce my traction roll? No other changes?

Thanks for the help.
I'd change the body first just to get it out of the equation. And mount it so that it is just at the minimum ride height for the rules you are using. With a heavy body you place a lot of weight up high. Lowering the center of gravity will really make a difference. On that not set your ride height around 5mm track permitting.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks for the help.
i had the same problem with my 6.1 after i switch to sorex 28 on carpet
it helped after i move my front shock up 1 notch on tower. try it first and see.
or maybe change your front roll center to front 3a. rear 0b (adjust your droop after change roller center) if it dont work
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
piper48

Thanks for the help.
Gluing your sidewalls will help too.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Looking to replace the kit spur gear.
Which brand would fit?
Looked at 3Racing and Kawada. They both have 8 holes instead of the 6 the one in the kit has.
Any suggestions?
And pinion gears?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the help.
If the tires already make too much grip, sometimes stiffer springs will make it worse. Also, it might depend on how fast and hard you crank the steering wheel. If there isn't enough traction you can make the car get instantly loose (like through the sweeper). If there is too much traction, it'll feel like you can make it traction roll on command (when it normally wouldn't).

I've also never sauced less than half the fronts, because in my opinion if you are saucing that little amount, you should probably try a harder compound tire....

I've ran on the EXP30's numerous times at our track (lowbite carpet). There can be absolutely no grip whatsoever and the tires will still hook up. On most club days the 30s will start making too much grip for my liking even early in the day, so I just run 32s all day and make a few setup changes.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
If the tires already make too much grip, sometimes stiffer springs will make it worse. Also, it might depend on how fast and hard you crank the steering wheel. If there isn't enough traction you can make the car get instantly loose (like through the sweeper). If there is too much traction, it'll feel like you can make it traction roll on command (when it normally wouldn't).

I've also never sauced less than half the fronts, because in my opinion if you are saucing that little amount, you should probably try a harder compound tire....

I've ran on the EXP30's numerous times at our track (lowbite carpet). There can be absolutely no grip whatsoever and the tires will still hook up. On most club days the 30s will start making too much grip for my liking even early in the day, so I just run 32s all day and make a few setup changes.
what's the logic in going to a harder tire if you have the right amount of grip without saucing half of the front tire?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan
what's the logic in going to a harder tire if you have the right amount of grip without saucing half of the front tire?
Because I like a lot of front bite and I always full-dope? And I said less than half..... pointing towards the 1/4 that was mentioned.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Because I like a lot of front bite and I always full-dope? And I said less than half..... pointing towards the 1/4 that was mentioned.
I'm running at the same track as Russ with the sweep QTS28's and do full sauce on the back and about 1/4 to 1/3 inside on the fronts. I have plenty of grip and more than enough on and off power steering.

I think the EXP30's have more grip than the QTS28's, but what's the advantage of hard tires sauced vs. a softer tires with less sauce. will the harder sauced tire give more traction than the softer unsauced tire?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
Which brand would fit?
Looked at 3Racing and Kawada. They both have 8 holes instead of the 6 the one in the kit has.
Any suggestions?
And pinion gears?
i use rw racing ones, as i found the 3 racing ones too wide and had to sand them down to make it fit.

dont know where to get them o nthe net as i buy them locally here in New Zealand
Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kensei
Which brand would fit?
Any suggestions?
And pinion gears?
I'm running the Kimbrough spurs

I also like the Team Epic 64p pinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.