Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by olly986
Salut Seb

Are you staying with TC6 for next year? Were they any racing in 10.5t? I know you did mod with Patrick (my pal just bought one of his chassis) and Alexandre (I got one of his for my son) I am hoping to run some of the nats rounds next year in 10.5t if we keep that category, we will see what the FVRC will come up with for 2012.

Maybe one day we might see you in Lyon or in Toulouse?

A+
Olivier
Salut,
Yes i'll stay with TC6 for next year ! Asso forever :-)
For 10.5 I don't know maybe one from time to time.

@+
Seb
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey guys sorry to repost this question again, but what are the goods and bads about the tc6? I've read about 20+ pages and the tc6 has stiffer plastic over the tc5? Thinking of getting one but not sure what's good or bad with this one and against the competitors. Thanks in advanced
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
Hey guys sorry to repost this question again, but what are the goods and bads about the tc6? I've read about 20+ pages and the tc6 has stiffer plastic over the tc5? Thinking of getting one but not sure what's good or bad with this one and against the competitors. Thanks in advanced
The best thing about the TC6 is:
Everything you need to be competitive is in the box. No need to buy option parts to fix a handling or durability issue. Is it Xray or Tamiya quality, maybe not on the bench...but it is on the track!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pcar951
The best thing about the TC6 is:
Everything you need to be competitive is in the box. No need to buy option parts to fix a handling or durability issue. Is it Xray or Tamiya quality, maybe not on the bench...but it is on the track!
Thank you. I don't know why but I'm more leaned towards the ae over the others and I'm not an ae guy at all. Lol I don't care for the other expensive ones as this will be my first on road so this is more of a new adventure and see how I like it. If I don't at least I won't have spend too much. I already have esc, lipos and servos off of my scte losi. I know most kits arent perfect from factory so that's why I was asking what the weakness were so I know from the get go. I'll try to read another 10 pages here tomorrow 😳
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Have mine for the all season and nothing major to replace after 7 rounds and trainings, one belt (and usually they are undestructible) and a front wishbone, and this is due to a crash not caused by me.

So overall, very good car, they are a couple of little extras to get if you race in competition, I'd say shock pistons and bladders (but not a necessity on new car, but after a while they have a tendency to "dry" and get stiffer) rear 35mm turnbuckles if you need to change your camber position and a rear diff gear that can be bought from SpecR but the new AE is out this month (again not a necessity, the ball diff is very good) after, you read the posts above so you have a good idea of what we all think of our baby cars...mine's called Lucie
Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

One great thing about the TC6 is the price. The car is very competitive but much more cost efficient compared to other brands. It is also as durable in my experience.

Parts are easy available at most hobby shops!

Another point is there are some excellent aftermarket parts available. I switched over from XRAY and have no regrets (nothing against XRAY!).

I've noticed that the TC6 has a more forgiving setup window, at least in my experience.......

When you build the kit, you may have to do some fit-and-finishing, in terms of sanding down some plastic parts and such a bit. Nothing major, though!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I will just add the support from the racers and engineers as well is second to none. From Kevin on his thread to Bob, Rick and Steve on this thread are always willing to help. Especially if you are not a TC veteran. The tuning and tricks can be tough to get up to speed and those guys care even if you are a complete newbie. Speaking from experience
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Yeah I have never dealt with ball diff before ( always gear diff in off road) but I'll give it a try and see first hand. Thanks for the input everyone looks like I might bite the bullet by the weekend. I'll post back once I get it, but in the mean time I'll keep reading more info and write it down. now I got to go looking for a ford gt body.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I have never dealt with ball diff before ( always gear diff in off road) but I'll give it a try and see first hand. Thanks for the input everyone looks like I might bite the bullet by the weekend. I'll post back once I get it, but in the mean time I'll keep reading more info and write it down. now I got to go looking for a ford gt body.
AE just released their gear diff which is what a lot of drivers use. This would be a good upgrade once you get the car up and running and become familiar with it.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
AE just released their gear diff which is what a lot of drivers use. This would be a good upgrade once you get the car up and running and become familiar with it.
i love to see this gear diff comes into box rather than an optional item...
Any idea on AE make DJS front axle (many AE racer use this from other brand) in future ?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mos-leung
Any idea on AE make DJS front axle (many AE racer use this from other brand) in future ?
It probably will come in the box at some point.

I am not aware of any work on DJS axles. With a front diff they are not necessary in my opinion. I use standard AE driveshafts.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mos-leung
Reflex is working on some DCJs for the TC6, IIRC eta on them was December sometime
Old 11-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ball diffs are great for new racers. As long as you are careful and build them right the first time, they perform well and are easy to drive.

With lower turn motors they tend to slip more and do require maintenance on occasion --- hence why so many are going to gear diffs.

I love the stock AE driveshafts. They are pretty @#$% durable and I've only needed to occasionally re-grease mine.

I'm hoping the Reflex DCJ shafts can handle mod motors, since I usually favor a slipper spool in that instance. 17.5 is gear diffs all the way
Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the input. Another newbie question. I searched it here Nd nothing came up. I know the tc6 is a 190mm body but will I able to run this 200mm hpi body?
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102505/
I really like that body and maybe the corvette one as well.

Also found this one on eBay without the rear wing.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=71881863456
Old 11-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks for the input. Another newbie question. I searched it here Nd nothing came up. I know the tc6 is a 190mm body but will I able to run this 200mm hpi body?
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102505/
I really like that body and maybe the corvette one as well.

Also found this one on eBay without the rear wing.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=71881863456
what class are you racing? RCGT? if you're running TC, the body has a lot to do with how your car performs, and most people run either the mazda6 or LTC-R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.