Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
No, I was just trying to document how much difference there is between mounts in different positions. Mostly just trying to understand how to find tune roll center on the arms. I think your info that you posted will work and is what I was looking for. The only question I have was where were these measurements taken from? Is it from the top of the chassis?
Good question. And since nobody else has shown this here is what I did. Everything comes from B0 as the blocks go +=up and - = down toward chassis from there. So call B0 ZERO and other block numbers are + / - from there in relationship to the chassis.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Actually not. There is a wider gap from the 0 to the 1 then the other blocks. The 0-1 is more like 1.27mm and the others are closer to .76mm.

Here is a PDF of the exact numbers. B0 to A3 is .53mm.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/TC6-Block-Heights.pdf
I stand Corrected, that's what I get for listening to Ron Atomic :P

Yes, the biggest difference is between 0 and 1 blocks. I come up with 1.3mm which is consistent with Verndog's numbers, However, B0 to A3 I come up with roughly 0.8mm on 3 different cars. Ron was probably referring to the TC5 blocks, since the TC5 did not come with the 0 blocks. Makes sense though,This is where the 0's come in, to bridge that gap and make all the blocks and positions about essentially 1mm (0.8 for most and 1.3 for the above mentioned 0-1 difference.)
Old 07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I stand Corrected, that's what I get for listening to Ron Atomic :P

Yes, the biggest difference is between 0 and 1 blocks. I come up with 1.3mm which is consistent with Verndog's numbers, However, B0 to A3 I come up with roughly 0.8mm on 3 different cars. Ron was probably referring to the TC5 blocks, since the TC5 did not come with the 0 blocks. Makes sense though,This is where the 0's come in, to bridge that gap and make all the blocks and positions about essentially 1mm (0.8 for most and 1.3 for the above mentioned 0-1 difference.)
Well we're within .010" on the A3. I measured the actual hole to hole on bulkhead from A to B then each block length difference then calculated the length changes. All these are subject to AE tolerance but in the case of the actual block I measured several. So my numbers are without any mount slop, bent pins or imperfect screws, or any other factors as in perfect world which never happens.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I would not worry about difference that small. What it does seem is like they were shooting for about .75mm difference in between blocks, like the XRAY blocks as you had noted.

This makes me feel a lot better about the A3 block though. I used to think it was 1.5mm off of the B0, so this just ratifies that I am closer to factory set-ups than what I though. :P
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Based on all of the great feedback I got from both Kevin and Cristian I pulled together a little chart to help understand the blocks and relation to each other.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this and I can update it...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TC6 Roll center.pdf (37.9 KB, 497 views)
Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork
Based on all of the great feedback I got from both Kevin and Cristian I pulled together a little chart to help understand the blocks and relation to each other.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this and I can update it...
That was fast...your hired!

Better visual with the chart and looks nice. Looks good to me, great teamwork guys.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

I am compiling info to put up on our site in order to have a TC6 information database for our customers and other users alike. It will include bits of basic (and no so basic) information as well as set-ups and tutorials from Reflex Team Drivers as well. Do you mind if I use the chart?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I am compiling info to put up on our site in order to have a TC6 information database for our customers and other users alike. It will include bits of basic (and no so basic) information as well as set-ups and tutorials from Reflex Team Drivers as well. Do you mind if I use the chart?
nope not at all...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mandirigma
Ive sanded back the gears to try make them rotate more freely. Still caused the gears to start slipping. Actually did start to wonder if i sanded it down too much. I took off about .05mm off each of the gears and this is when everything went pear shaped.
From years of running the quality department at several worldwide corporations, I have determined that; If there is a quality problem with an item, the purchaser needs to contact the manufacturer for a refund then send the defective part back to the maniufacturer. The manufacturer is responsible for making the part work properly, not the end user. If people keep buying their defective parts, the manufacturer won't change a thing and will probably continue coming out with more parts that don't work properly.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Here is a helpfull quote of Martin Hofer from Schumacher forum:
Wish I had read this earlier rather than getting opinions from local rc racers who supposedly did the same thing. Oh well...you live, you learn.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default spur

what spur i can use with tc6? Bought one xenon but there is no hole for motor screw, so had to drill it what spur can fit it with no modifications? Also bought few pinions only with one hole for screw and now flat surface on rotor end (speed passion) to mount pinion is too short so have to mount it on the rest of rotor end... And is not ideal!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
what spur i can use with tc6? Bought one xenon but there is no hole for motor screw, so had to drill it what spur can fit it with no modifications? Also bought few pinions only with one hole for screw and now flat surface on rotor end (speed passion) to mount pinion is too short so have to mount it on the rest of rotor end... And is not ideal!
Hi you should not need to drill the spur there will be three spots on the motor mount you can mount to.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Hi you should not need to drill the spur there will be three spots on the motor mount you can mount to.
not sure what spots you talking about...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
not sure what spots you talking about...

Just look to engine mount.

There is 3 holes, with small spur you can use bottom one to hold engine.

Or just redrill 2 holes in spur if there is some place.
Also I recomend use 3 screws from nitros 8mm lenght for 2.5mm socket.

With 3 screws engine will not move

Regards!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi!

What chart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.