Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
Started my build tonight... Can't get my car to sit flat on my setup board with the top deck on!

What gives? I know what I'm doing.... pop the top deck off and it's flat as a board. None of the bulkheads are bent.

Anyone have any ideas? This is a major buzzkill. If this is a sign of what's to come, then I've obviously picked the wrong color car this year.
OK, I'm assuming you've already attached the motor mounts? Make sure that the small 'L' shaped part that mounts the motor mount to the chassis is positioned correctly. You may need to use a small shim so the holes line up. Personally mine was fine but I've read a few people's chassis aren't lined up correctly.

Also, you need to make sure the chassis is 100% flat when you tighten up the three screws attaching the motor mount to the bulkhead. Loosen off your top deck, loosen them three screws then on a flat surface tighten them all back up again starting with the mounts. I periodically re-tweak the 3 motor mount screws.

If after you've still got a tweaked chassis get in touch with Associated.

HTH
Old 04-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

I've stripped it down to just the chassis, bulkheads and the top deck. Once I put a screw (even loosely) in the left rear hole it tweaks the chassis... noticeably.

But then when I check the bulkheads individually they all seem straight... as does the top deck!

What the eff Associated!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Guys, I know I saw this somewhere. Sorry but what spurs work with the TC6? My RW spur does not. I can not get the back motor screw in.

Thanks.
There is a second spot in the bulk head for a motor mount screw that you can use so you don't need a spur with holes in it.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I've stripped it down to just the chassis, bulkheads and the top deck. Once I put a screw (even loosely) in the left rear hole it tweaks the chassis... noticeably.

But then when I check the bulkheads individually they all seem straight... as does the top deck!

What the eff Associated!
i changed the screws with the lettering with the ones without it seemed to sort it out i love this car straight out of the box i've knocked a second off my lap times at my local track.

Ginge
Old 04-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What the eff Associated!
I ended up taking the rear-most screw that attaches the motor mount to the bulkhead out. All better. It is constrained enough without that screw in place to be ok.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Started my build tonight... Can't get my car to sit flat on my setup board with the top deck on!

What gives? I know what I'm doing.... pop the top deck off and it's flat as a board. None of the bulkheads are bent.

Anyone have any ideas? This is a major buzzkill. If this is a sign of what's to come, then I've obviously picked the wrong color car this year.
I had some trouble getting my chassis flat too. Honestly though you won't be disappointed with it's on track performance, even with a slightly tweaked chassis. Just drive it & you'll see :-)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by azz187
I had some trouble getting my chassis flat too. Honestly though you won't be disappointed with it's on track performance, even with a slightly tweaked chassis. Just drive it & you'll see :-)
I would recommend not this. The car improved significantly in its overall performance and consistency w/o that tweak...
Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey guys, I'm really a bag of mixed nuts right now with the purchase of this new kit and a couple of other manufacturers hopups for this car. Reading all these issues with tweaked chassis'/motor mount issues, screws, cheap bearings, shock pistons and CVD's is REALLY having me considering selling all that I have purchased. Someone PLEASE CONVINCE ME otherwise. PLEASE
http://www.redrc.net/2011/03/simoes-...season-opener/

http://www.redrc.net/2011/04/simoes-...ry/#more-42089

2 rounds of the championship passed. 2 issues only here. Broke a c-hub on a pit entry at pratice. chassi tweak due to spur bulkhead, used only 1 screw on the shaft and problem solved. Performance as you see.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm really a bag of mixed nuts right now with the purchase of this new kit and a couple of other manufacturers hopups for this car. Reading all these issues with tweaked chassis'/motor mount issues, screws, cheap bearings, shock pistons and CVD's is REALLY having me considering selling all that I have purchased. Someone PLEASE CONVINCE ME otherwise. PLEASE
Just build the car, and form the opinion yourself. You already bought it, I mean, at least try it with out prejudice.

Edit, I just wanna say I should have put a at the end of that. People seem quick to judge when I have heard nothing bad with this car. People had so many issues with the original RC8 that I never had (and I beat on that thing). You just gotta test yourself. Every car is different for everybody

Last edited by Owen RaCing; 04-30-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

im new at this 1/10 electric game,i have built a tc6 and have a mamba pro 7700 esc/motor combo but was told sensored is the way to go.i dont do any track racing as there arent any near me but some parking lot antics are always in the mix. any input woild be helpful, thanks
Old 04-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Just build the car, and form the opinion yourself. You already bought it, I mean, at least try it with out prejudice.
always putting your input on everything??? HAHA

-DC-
Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

It's very fast, easy to setup and parts are cheap and easy to get. All these other parts you're reading about simply take it from very, very good to excellent.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by big al
oneways aren't used too much these days. The spool has been the thing to use for a few years now and the gear diff is making a resurgence in a big way.
Ah yes like so much in this sport there is nothing really new. Spools are good however when on a large outdoor track I still find the use of a one-way beneficial. A one-way allows the car to enter long flowing corners better. The gear diff will help with mid corner speed and rotation. The spool up front will cause a mid corner power on push which the one-way does not. In the end the way the car is built, and the amount of flex it has lends itself perfectly to high corner speed. Everyone is about even in a straight line. Blowing by an Xray on the outside with high corner speed, "Priceless". So I ask again before getting one and investing a ton of time machining it. Has anyone put the TC5 one-way into the TC6?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
There is a second spot in the bulk head for a motor mount screw that you can use so you don't need a spur with holes in it.
OOOOOOOHHHHHH I see that. Wow I am an idiot.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks McGreevy......at least you own the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.