Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Hello Racers, Rcrenew.com website is now up! Concentrating on the "racers" needs we offer .21 nitro engine re-sizing and Re-filling crankshafts where the factory epoxy has come loose. We have a 1 day turn around time on our services to get you back and running fast!

Please visit the Website RcRenew.com

Regards,

Rcrenew
Goof likes this.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What product are you using to re-fill crankshafts?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck with the new venture. What type of tooling are you using to pinch?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rageworks
What product are you using to re-fill crankshafts?
We use shin etsu or TBI for the crank fill. Both have proven to be very durable and last a long time (more than the life of the engine)and be more more chemical resistant than the factory fill used in a lot of the engines.

Thanks,

RcRenew
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

The equipment we use is a very high quality and give outstanding results in performance and longetivity. Like everything there are different ways to do things and Im sure most everyone in the business is doing it a different way. But for us especially have tried a lot of services ourselves in the past the results with out work have been great.

Thanks,
Rcrenew
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'll vouch for the ShinEtsu silicone. It's very durable if applied properly
Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
The equipment we use is a very high quality and give outstanding results in performance and longetivity. Like everything there are different ways to do things and Im sure most everyone in the business is doing it a different way. But for us especially have tried a lot of services ourselves in the past the results with out work have been great.

Thanks,
Rcrenew
This doesn't really answer the question much.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Thanks,
Rcrenew
Come on man, your going to have to post some pics
of your sleeve re-sizing equipment if you want to get
any customers on this site. A pipe clamp or lathe chuck
doesn't cut it around here. There are pros who do p/s
re-sizing properly on here already.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Ther are pics on my site. but as you know you will not be able to see how good a resize is by a picture? The picture will shoe how it looks clean, but all the measurement and the actual resizing will not be visable in a picture?

And I just want to say this, I personally have been in the hobby 20 years. I got layed off 6 months ago and was the soul provider for may wife and family. I am just trying to make ends meet. And provide and quality, honest service.

I know there are others who do this work, I am not trying nor will I ever say anything bad about others work. BUt please guys, does it mean because there are others out there doing it that I cant offer the service too?

I am just a Racer who loves the hobby and who is trying to make ends meet.

And i have seen the discussions or more like arguments on what equipment and method is better.. I really dont want to get involved in all that. And as far as the equipment goes. Doesnt what really matters is the end result? If you have good results and longetivity thhats whats important.

I am just on here to offer my services, If you already are happy with some else's service then by all means keep using them. BUt if your not then our service is available.

Thanks, Lance
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

silicone filled cranks?

i noticed it says you can fill a crank in 1 day and return ship?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

whers does osrocket...or rayaracing "show" their equipment?...my engine guys AD motor workz uses the raya racing equipment and its a press with some dies...give this guy a break if u dont want to use him then so be it but to come here and demand photos of his equipment is just dumb...
Old 06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Ther are pics on my site. but as you know you will not be able to see how good a resize is by a picture? The picture will shoe how it looks clean, but all the measurement and the actual resizing will not be visable in a picture?

And I just want to say this, I personally have been in the hobby 20 years. I got layed off 6 months ago and was the soul provider for may wife and family. I am just trying to make ends meet. And provide and quality, honest service.

I know there are others who do this work, I am not trying nor will I ever say anything bad about others work. BUt please guys, does it mean because there are others out there doing it that I cant offer the service too?

I am just a Racer who loves the hobby and who is trying to make ends meet.

And i have seen the discussions or more like arguments on what equipment and method is better.. I really dont want to get involved in all that. And as far as the equipment goes. Doesnt what really matters is the end result? If you have good results and longetivity thhats whats important.

I am just on here to offer my services, If you already are happy with some else's service then by all means keep using them. BUt if your not then our service is available.

Thanks, Lance
I know what you mean buddy. Times are tough right now and I think if you can offer a service of good quality and price then you should go for it. We can always use more service providers and manufactures. That gives us the consumer a choice. This hobby would be boring without choices. Good luck and when I need a sleeve resized or a crank filled I'll look you up.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand why some asre asking what equipment. We just want to know how this company is doing it? It would help him to post a pic of the tooling to ease some minds and sell his services. I am NOT asking to put down this new company or anything, but like some said, the Ole Pipe Clamp method is not what I would want used.

I wish this new company the best and I hope he does well. The economy sucks and it is tough for many of out there including us. Questions should never be construde as "blasting" a company, but I agree those questioned can be a asked in a more polite manner.

My only suggestion to Renew would be for them to be as forth coming as possible to build the trust of their customers and they will do great.

Again, good luck to RenewRC.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thank's guys for your support I appreciate it. This is a great site with a lot of great people on here.

We aslo mention on our website to Beware of the $10 clamp. WE have seen this ruin many engines and even inspected one our self and its a total joke. So no, we are not using any clamps or cheap methods. Its just out of respect to the other guys doing this LONG before we have that WE are not posting pics of our method. Because we dont see them posting pics. Thats all, We are just trying to be courteous and good people.

Thanks, Lance
Old 06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blktransam
whers does osrocket...or rayaracing "show" their equipment?...my engine guys AD motor workz uses the raya racing equipment and its a press with some dies...give this guy a break if u dont want to use him then so be it but to come here and demand photos of his equipment is just dumb...
As a matter of fact, one of the above mentioned did show
me the equipment he uses to do a proper p/s resizing.
That is why he has got all my business. When it comes down
to me spending my hard earned money, I want to know the service
i'm paying for is being done properly. He had no problems with my
straight foward questions and wasn't evasive about showing me
the equipment he uses.
I'm sorry if I offened anyone, I know my words may come
off as being a little rough to some of the limp wristed members
on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.