Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which Buggy kit to go for?? >

Which Buggy kit to go for??

Which Buggy kit to go for??

Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Hahaha, no no no - in order to get your ride on the level of tessmens you need all the upgrades all the stronger parts and all the light parts. Seen with my own two eyes. And I have seen more stock HBs break than losi or mugen. Im setting my sons D8 per factory team specs and it is 60 less than a losi when its all said and done. Not hating but keep it real, its the world champ but the one that won the worlds and the one that comes in a box is different. Call and talk to HPI, they will gladly tell you.
Exactly.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

My question is to you all. Does all that light weight stuff help the average driver or hurt them. In my opinion a car with a little weight on it makes the car a little easier to drive. When you start getting the car lightened especially the drive train the car can tend to get real edgy. I guess what it all boils down to is personal preference.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
My question is to you all. Does all that light weight stuff help the average driver or hurt them. In my opinion a car with a little weight on it makes the car a little easier to drive. When you start getting the car lightened especially the drive train the car can tend to get real edgy. I guess what it all boils down to is personal preference.
Depends on the driver really....some like that, some don't.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

I had an 8ight and now the mbx6. The mbx6 is more durable than Losi, but the spares are cheaper for a Losi.

Both are great cars, but the quality of the parts from a Mugen is just better.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Hahaha, no no no - in order to get your ride on the level of tessmens you need all the upgrades all the stronger parts and all the light parts. Seen with my own two eyes. And I have seen more stock HBs break than losi or mugen. Im setting my sons D8 per factory team specs and it is 60 less than a losi when its all said and done. Not hating but keep it real, its the world champ but the one that won the worlds and the one that comes in a box is different. Call and talk to HPI, they will gladly tell you.
Thats the thing. i know they run a lot of things modded. but at time they wont run the taller shocks theres 100 dollars. Sometimes they run it as mod as it gets others not so much. They have the sponsorships to do it. I personaly like the hb cause its cheap and i was able to drive it best. The parts are cheap and ive had it break 1 time one me.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I prefer Mugen mbx6, Xray xb808, losi 2.0
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Thats the thing. i know they run a lot of things modded. but at time they wont run the taller shocks theres 100 dollars. Sometimes they run it as mod as it gets others not so much. They have the sponsorships to do it. I personaly like the hb cause its cheap and i was able to drive it best. The parts are cheap and ive had it break 1 time one me.
Didnt a HB break right as the main was starting. Not sure what the problem was but he didnt make the race, hum? I know its just one person, but that didnt look good if I was deciding what vehicle to get. Im just saying...

LOSI
Old 06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Didnt a HB break right as the main was starting. Not sure what the problem was but he didnt make the race, hum? I know its just one person, but that didnt look good if I was deciding what vehicle to get. Im just saying...

LOSI
Servo died. could have happen to any buggy out there.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

LOSI
We could go on all day about different brands and what breaks on them. The fact is they ALL have their flaws, some more than others. I watched Mayfield break at the jconcepts clash while he was leading the main with 5 minutes left in the race.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LOSI
That was Robbers in the truggy race and it was a steering servo that he blew out.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Exactly.
If we are talking wc hot bodies d8 the one that won had some aftermarket stuff in it , but we all forget the other 3 d8 in the a main of the world were dead stock, short shock shaft and stock 4mm chassis. And that sounds good to me.That being said just pick one there is really no bad buggy out there at the pro level. happy buggy hunting
Old 06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

We could go on all day about different brands and what breaks on them. The fact is they ALL have their flaws, some more than others. I watched Mayfield break at the jconcepts clash while he was leading the main with 5 minutes left in the race.
+ 1
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'm sure it's nice,

but I don't like replacing parts so often, those driveline parts wear the pin holes really fast, racing is expensive enough.....I would get the light chassis, and a few choice parts for the shocks, and stronger towers and drive it man, it works fine without all the pro stuff.....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

LOSI
Hey why is it buggy they got 2nd and truggy 3rd. What happened to your boy adam who had tq and droped 7 positions. All you are is a fan boy. I would recommend any other buggy over losi. i say if you have the money get the mugen! Look into the agama.

try and drive as many cars as you can then deceide. All we can do is recommend you stuff GET THE CAR THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY AND THAT YOU LIKE.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Interesting that you ask that, as a R/C magazine recently tested that theory in detail (Xtreme R/C July 2010 issue).
They chose a D8 too, as the buggy in the test.
Universally, among all the testers, they were faster and more consistant with the lightened buggy.
Unless someone else does a test like that involving 4 different drivers, with a controlled enviroment, with before and after and shows differently, I would think the answer is obvious: lighter is better

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.