Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

all my batteries are Turnigy, can't afford the name brand stuff.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danketchpel
In the past it hasn't been so bad, but now......, I'm loosing my patience also.

All of my previous dealings with them went pretty smooth. Once they setup their California warehouse things went downhill quick.

It's too bad there isn't a better supply of the Turnegy, Zippy, Gens Ace, etc. Asian Lipos because the batteries work well on average and cost 1/3 the price of the big name batteries. I have come to the conclusion there is a HUGE markup going on with Lipo batteries.

I've got to make a decision pretty soon on what to power my car with.
I agree, I got lucky with the first time I ordered batteries from them.
Dan, you have connections in Asia, have you ever thought of becoming a distributor?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
all my batteries are Turnigy, can't afford the name brand stuff.
Steve, F' the name brand stuff.. i don't care what they say, they all come out of the same place CHINA.. name brands swell up just like the cheapy stuff.. so why pi$$ away the money!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raman
Steve, F' the name brand stuff.. i don't care what they say, they all come out of the same place CHINA.. name brands swell up just like the cheapy stuff.. so why pi$$ away the money!
I agree with what you are saying 100%. I always encourage all the young guys that are just starting out to definitely go that route until they are sure this is what they like to do.

I got sucked in with the warranty and customer service.....also I hate waiting, hate soldering and I hate dealing with that thick guage wire. I had a couple brand name Lipos puff on me but it was nice to call and received a new pack in the mail within 5-6 days. I even like their lifetime rewrap policy. When you stack up those options, how am I going to complain paying the extra $$. That's just me and I don't expect anyone else to follow in my foot steps.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Fang, which brand is it that offers this service?

The brand I used gave me excuses, blamed the esc manufacturer, gearing etc and replaced the pack at cost which was 45 still.. I followed their break in instructions closely only to find the pack swell again lol. On top of all that i sent my esc to Novak and it came back just fine.. So a bunch of wasted time
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raman
Fang, which brand is it that offers this service?

The brand I used gave me excuses, blamed the esc manufacturer, gearing etc and replaced the pack at cost which was 45 still.. I followed their break in instructions closely only to find the pack swell again lol. On top of all that i sent my esc to Novak and it came back just fine.. So a bunch of wasted time
MaxAmps Raman. I've been using them for well over two years. That's been my experience. They use a prorated price. 1 year = free replacement, 2nd year = 33% of the cost, 3rd year = 66% of the cost. Lifetime re-wrapping = free.

You can read the praises and complaints on their thread here in RC Tech. All I can say is my experiene has been the best. So I have no complaints.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Wow!! It's been 3 hours since I posted that and I was expecting a battery "flaming" war. It's good to know this site isn't like the others that shall remain nameless.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Nah... were a peaceful bunch here...

Plus flaming a LiPo, even in a thread is a bad omen. Come Sunday all of our cars could blow up on the track
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Wow!! It's been 3 hours since I posted that and I was expecting a battery "flaming" war. It's good to know this site isn't like the others that shall remain nameless.
Nah...i think we have been on this site long enough to know that flaming wars just don't get u anywhere..that and we have a MOD here that makes sure everything is civil. Plus, our goal here is to PROMOTE this Awesome class and make it inviting for everyone. With that being said, Lets not dwell on the weather and get our cars out to the track so we can race!

StevieBoy...like i said at Ofnalive..we are coming for you Brotha!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
StevieBoy...like i said at Ofnalive..we are coming for you Brotha!!!
Yep!!! he might as well paint a big red x on his car.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey, do they make springs softer than the red ones that come with the DM1 spec?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markw
Hey Mark, as far as I know OFNA has for the DM-1 red, white and yellow. Red = soft, white = medium and yellow = hard. You could see if someone has softer but that's all I know. How much softer do you want your shock springs? I've got red in in the rear and white in the front, that's what Jerry suggested and it felt better so that's where I stayed with that setup. Let me know what you find. You going up to Corona this Sunday? I'm planning on it.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 AM

The black stock springs on the GTP2e.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, ordered black ones. Hopefully they show up by Saturday. Maybe Steve can walk next door and tell them to get it out today so he will only lap me 2 times and not 3. I dropped the rear on mine and it helped keep it from being as touchy coming out of the corners, but I still spun it a couple of times and was really easy on the throttle after that. Right now I don't even know what shock oil is in it, or what diff oils it has other than 500k in the center. I saw some diff recommendations, what are guys running for shock oil?

I plan on Corona as long as the weather holds, carpool from SD?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM

Ok, ordered black ones. Hopefully they show up by Saturday. Maybe Steve can walk next door and tell them to get it out today so he will only lap me 2 times and not 3. I dropped the rear on mine and it helped keep it from being as touchy coming out of the corners, but I still spun it a couple of times and was really easy on the throttle after that. Right now I don't even know what shock oil is in it, or what diff oils it has other than 500k in the center. I saw some diff recommendations, what are guys running for shock oil?

I plan on Corona as long as the weather holds, carpool from SD?
Just tell them to give it to me I'll bring it on Sunday for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.