Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the compliments. We officially launch the conversion kit today, here are a couple of media sites that ran press release on it:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=263246

http://www.redrc.net/2011/06/strc-sl...onversion-kit/

and they are available through our website now:

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=65

I should have instructions up online by the end of the week

Steve
End of the week, any instructions for this kit. I really don't feel like guessing my way through.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Well I finally finished the DM-1 Tekno conversion I've had for about 18 mos. Running the 2 speed setup which is very fast on 4 cells, but I've got to work on the on power steering. Couple of pics before I race her cause she won't look this good for long
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-imag0223.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-imag0227.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-imag0224.jpg  

Last edited by clayrace24; 06-26-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
Well I finally finished the DM-1 Techno conversion I've had for about 18 mos. Running the 2 speed setup which is very fast on 4 cells, but I've got to work on the on power steering. Couple of pics before I race her cause she won't look this good for long
Looks great Clay! Are the shocks still setup as horizontal front and rear or did u get those snr cf goodies to convert them to a verticle orientation? Just seeing u run that last Sunday, I can tell u like to go fast! I'll make way for you on the straight as long as u let me by in the in-field!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
How many GT8's are going to the race this week end at G.R.A.L.R.C. Nitro or electric??
I found out that u need a roar membership to race there. I was pumped
till I found out about that, so I'm out...
Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default For the top speed freaks

I was gonna do a holder to use 1 revo 3.3 spur gear on the center spool, is there anything I need to be aware of ?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Are the shocks still setup as horizontal front and rear or did u get those snr cf goodies to convert them to a verticle orientation?
I got Steve's towers to stand everything up, but I need a little more rear shock length - may have to find taller shafts. The rear of the car is pretty low and no room for adjustment. It will be a good car for the Artesia track where you can really open it up!

Yea , I guess I need to learn to play nicer in the infield, so I'll let you go by - in the qualifiers!

Clay
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-img_2179.jpg  
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Passion
I found out that u need a roar membership to race there. I was pumped
till I found out about that, so I'm out...
It's only $30 bucks and their offices are here in California. Shouldn't take much to get that in time.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the compliments. We officially launch the conversion kit today, here are a couple of media sites that ran press release on it:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=263246

http://www.redrc.net/2011/06/strc-sl...onversion-kit/

and they are available through our website now:

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=65

I should have instructions up online by the end of the week

Steve
I finally got mine completed. It looks pretty good!!!! I did a small mod on the rear body post since I found the stock Slash body post to tall for my taste but aside from that it's a pretty easy conversion kit to work with.

I never did ask, what lid are you recommending. I went with a Kyosho Inferno GT (Nissan Z) lid. Looks like it's going to work out pretty good.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I went with a Kyosho Inferno GT (Nissan Z) lid. Looks like it's going to work out pretty good.
I like your style
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Big time Congrats & Props to Mike Lyday

Mike set the TQ, WON the 45 minute Byron's Fuels GT Class and shows the GT world the way to another victory!!

Thanks "Ironman Mike", keep rockin their worlds!!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
I got Steve's towers to stand everything up, but I need a little more rear shock length - may have to find taller shafts. The rear of the car is pretty low and no room for adjustment. It will be a good car for the Artesia track where you can really open it up!

Yea , I guess I need to learn to play nicer in the infield, so I'll let you go by - in the qualifiers!

Clay
nice and body is sweet!!! what esc is that?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ESC looks like an EZ RUN
Old 06-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Here's my GT8 Lite (Slash 4X4). STRC made a pretty good conversion kit. I just need to see about getting a larger front bumper or a lid with a smaller front end. My lid's front end is bouncing around too much.

I'm currently using the Kyosho Inferno GT Body Set (Nissan Z) and Kyosha Urethane Bumper. Any suggestions folks??

Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Here's my GT8 Lite (Slash 4X4). STRC made a pretty good conversion kit. I just need to see about getting a larger front bumper or a lid with a smaller front end. My lid's front end is bouncing around too much.

I'm currently using the Kyosho Inferno GT Body Set (Nissan Z) and Kyosha Urethane Bumper. Any suggestions folks??

Looks great.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

what esc is that
EX run 150 amp sensored. Cheap(@ $110) and it works grety. Takes up a lot of space, but runs cool and the programmer is a breeze to use.

I put the DM-1 and the Kyosho 0n a dusty praactice course I made in the back Honda Canter Parking lot today, and I have to say that DM-1 runs nice. It would definitely be my car of choice for a large track like Greater LARC, maybe at Corona. If I can get a little more turn in mid corner off power it will be driveable on track.

BTW, that's a great parking lot for a race . Surface is nice and sooooo much room . Get on it Charlie!

Clay
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-honda-center-parkig-lot.jpg  

Last edited by clayrace24; 06-27-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.