Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Wow!! This thread has suddenly become a battle ground. I thought I was back in Iraq for a minute.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
whoaaaah!!!

Let's NOT.

As far as the spoiler/gurney flap on the warrior body, It IS indeed mounted on the car. There are no buggy mounted wings, that I've seen running with our group.

There are indeed rules established for the GT8 class across the country, but I believe they were put in mainly for the nitro cars.

In SoCal, we have a small group of racers trying this E class. We have yet to define what rules we are gonna go by. So far, it's been run what ya brung and we're having a great time doing it. If and when the class grows, IMHO, that is when we will need to establish a spec/open class. I believe most are running open anyway as 95% of the racers are running some sort of conversion. Although there may be more, I'm only aware of the GTP2E as a box kit GT8E car. So until then, I hope we continue to show up and run this class with the run what ya brung attitude. When the amount of participants grows to the pont that classes be seperated, we can tackle it then. For now, lets just continue to have fun!!!

Of course this is just my opinion and will ultimately be decided upon by the race director. Either way, I'm racing the GT8E class.
To add to that, I think CharieB has done a fantastic job so far with this class. For us in California it's Charlies rules rule

They're quite simple, bring your buggy conversion and have blast.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I believe you read it wrong, I'm going and I consider a good "Quality" Father's Day, a day that is spent RC Racing. My Spanglish may have confused you.
Yes you did!!!See you sunday with the body you run???
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Wow!! This thread has suddenly become a battle ground. I thought I was back in Iraq for a minute.
I didn't start this, sorry for the flashback.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Layout balance????????

Ok, so since I am doing my own diy conversion on my ofna gtp,not a 2, wondering if I am being to finicky about weight distribution on the chassis, my battery is on the left side where the nitro stuff would have been- 4s -hardcase, my motor is where ofna puts theres on the gtp2e, my servo location was converted to a laydown but in the same location, as I was working on the layout, I noticed if I stood the servo back up and turned it 90 degrees I could fit the rx8 infront of the motor and still have clearence so it would be, servo,rx8 then motor and battery on the left side , rx I aint to worried about ?
Please remember I can and will make just about anything I want
Old 06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joat
Ok, so since I am doing my own diy conversion on my ofna gtp,not a 2, wondering if I am being to finicky about weight distribution on the chassis, my battery is on the left side where the nitro stuff would have been- 4s -hardcase, my motor is where ofna puts theres on the gtp2e, my servo location was converted to a laydown but in the same location, as I was working on the layout, I noticed if I stood the servo back up and turned it 90 degrees I could fit the rx8 infront of the motor and still have clearence so it would be, servo,rx8 then motor and battery on the left side , rx I aint to worried about ?
Please remember I can and will make just about anything I want
Only problem with that is do you realy want the speed control infront of your pinion??? I have a close set up but I put the speed control in the back behind the battery this make for great stearing. Good luck with you car and have fun..
Old 06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
Only problem with that is do you realy want the speed control infront of your pinion??? I have a close set up but I put the speed control in the back behind the battery this make for great stearing. Good luck with you car and have fun..
I figured a more centered weight balance is better ? I thought about the pinion and esc as was gonna make a shield just in case
Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joat
I figured a more centered weight balance is better ? I thought about the pinion and esc as was gonna make a shield just in case
Try it and see how you like it.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Try it and see how you like it.
I dont race ,nor have the skill too, just want something that handles well and can help make up for my poor driving , what are most doing and why? foward,center or rearward on the weight distribution and why ?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

whoaaaah!!!

Let's NOT.
!

Of course this is just my opinion and will ultimately be decided upon by the race director. Either way, I'm racing the GT8E class.
this is all that has to be said.
in any new class all cars must be considered until there are enough to split em up...electric especially is a converted car and it's interesting to see what combos all have come up with. my local track has 2 heats of gt...i'm hoping for more!!!
than i can run 2 classes of gt!!!
HOLLA!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

whoaaaah!!!

Let's NOT.

As far as the spoiler/gurney flap on the warrior body, It IS indeed mounted on the car. There are no buggy mounted wings, that I've seen running with our group.

There are indeed rules established for the GT8 class across the country, but I believe they were put in mainly for the nitro cars.

In SoCal, we have a small group of racers trying this E class. We have yet to define what rules we are gonna go by. So far, it's been run what ya brung and we're having a great time doing it. If and when the class grows, IMHO, that is when we will need to establish a spec/open class. I believe most are running open anyway as 95% of the racers are running some sort of conversion. Although there may be more, I'm only aware of the GTP2E as a box kit GT8E car. So until then, I hope we continue to show up and run this class with the run what ya brung attitude. When the amount of participants grows to the pont that classes be seperated, we can tackle it then. For now, lets just continue to have fun!!!

Jai so if your body is legal with the whole rear end cut out like a 1/8 scale then I guess my body will be legal too then right?

I didn't want to go this route because it going to kill the GT8 class but if you can't beat them join them right?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Jai so if your body is legal with the whole rear end cut out like a 1/8 scale then I guess my body will be legal too then right?

I didn't want to go this route because it going to kill the GT8 class but if you can't beat them join them right?
No run the bodies that the class was formed with..
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite

Steve - Like I said before. We are running an OPEN CLASS. OUR cars couldn't run with the spec class even with a PF-8 Body on.

Ultimately, I really don't care. You can run whatever you want as far as I am concerned. That body looks great. It is afterall RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG.

Charlie is the race director, so he makes the rules. We can all make suggestions, but he makes the decisions. His track = His rules. He didn't have a problem with the cutout line at huntington beach and I would gladly change it if he deemed the cutout line to be illegal.

I'm just glad that we all come out and race this class. It seems that we will have more racers to compete against. It's gonna be a fun time.

Last edited by kcunamay; 06-15-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No run the bodies that the class was formed with..
What are the bodies you are referring to? Kyosho, Ofna or the PF-8? There are now an abundance of bodies available for this class from several manufacturers. I'm not sure which ones you are referring to.

Charlie posted in a GT thread along with pics that the WARRIOR body was indeed a GT body acceptable to run in this class at his track. The problem SNR has is the rear cutout I have made on it not the body itself.

You can say NO all you want, but really it's not for you to decide. If and when Charlie deems it illegal, I will continue to RUN WHAT I BRUNG, as that is what the "class was formed with."

Hope to race with all of you soon.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I really like that body. Is that one of the Deltaplastik?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.