Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
The body sits up fairly high. you're going to need longer body posts.
I have brand new posts, and they don't need to be longer. Again, it sits way too high for my liking, the cut line for the wheels in front is about 3/8" above the tire, no thanks.

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Personally I would cut it on the molded line. If it rubs, I would trim it a little more. It should work. It was designed to work with a chassis of those dimensions and it should work.
I don't disagree, it's meant to work on your average touring car. But like I stated above, it sits too high for my liking if I want to keep the splitter. And by mounting it low and flush like it should be, you have weird lower rockers and no splitter. Not to mention, the wheelbase on the Camaro is a 1/4" too long, so the rear well looks weird.

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Dont cut before paint. Paint it, mount it, then trim as neccessary. It also looks like your ride hight might be a little low? That would have a big difference on mounting. If you get longer front post, you should be able to mount with the wheel wells not being to high. No matter the maker of the car, the shock towers being to high is usually the only thing that gets in the way of mounting bodies. But thats when too low, not too high. And did I see a 17.5 in the pic???
Ride height isn't low, actually a little high, 5.2mm to be exact. And yes, that's a 17.5 in the car. I'm just mocking up bodies to see what I like before i swap motors.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dirty you want it to look like this, I reposition the front spliter
Originally Posted by The One They Call Dirty
I have brand new posts, and they don't need to be longer. Again, it sits way too high for my liking, the cut line for the wheels in front is about 3/8" above the tire, no thanks.

I don't disagree, it's meant to work on your average touring car. But like I stated above, it sits too high for my liking if I want to keep the splitter. And by mounting it low and flush like it should be, you have weird lower rockers and no splitter. Not to mention, the wheelbase on the Camaro is a 1/4" too long, so the rear well looks weird.

Ride height isn't low, actually a little high, 5.2mm to be exact. And yes, that's a 17.5 in the car. I'm just mocking up bodies to see what I like before i swap motors.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas

Dirty you want it to look like this, I reposition the front spliter
Interesting.... as opposed to uncut for reference:

Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is my buddy John's new body. Looks fine to me.
I also find it hard to judge how high the body is when the car is sitting on a stand with the arms sagging down. I would mark out the post holes and drill them, paint it, trim along the bottom line all the way around, set the car on its wheels at proper ride height, and then start putting the body at the height you want it at on your posts. use the marker trick shown above to trim the bottom off as needed. If you want to keep the splitter, you may need to leave the body mounted a hole higher than you'd normally use. after you have that set up how you want, leave the body on the car and use a spare tire as a guideline to mark out your wheel wells. it will help prevent crazy amounts of wheel gap.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Butler02

I also find it hard to judge how high the body is when the car is sitting on a stand with the arms sagging down. I would mark out the post holes and drill them, paint it, trim along the bottom line all the way around, set the car on its wheels at proper ride height, and then start putting the body at the height you want it at on your posts. use the marker trick shown above to trim the bottom off as needed. If you want to keep the splitter, you may need to leave the body mounted a hole higher than you'd normally use. after you have that set up how you want, leave the body on the car and use a spare tire as a guideline to mark out your wheel wells. it will help prevent crazy amounts of wheel gap.
I've mounted hundreds of bodies, not the issue. The issue with this body, is in order to utilize all the bits and pieces, you have to have Jeep Wrangler looking flares, and that's not only ugly to me, but the body that high acts as a brick hitting the air.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Ok everyone, I didn't mean to have this topic drag out for so long.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by billdelong
I just looked at the race results and our fast laps in the main were only apart by 0.08 sec, nice driving! Now we need to sprinkle some magic dust on our motors to get our cars to reach the same top speeds that Steve's car is getting, ha! (Yes, I'm shopping around for a new motor and hope to be even more competitive soon )

Sorry to hear you lost a screw, just before the start of the main Wayne lost his during practice too, out of a field of 8 drivers, only 3 finished, it was a brutal race for sure!

Very glad to hear that the 26mm tires are faring well.. I might mount of another set on some 26mm's to see how they work for me too
Because of the error in the spreadsheet, I was way over geared and came off the track at over 160F. Too bad you won't be able to make the race this weekend here in San Antonio, as I was looking forward to seeing how a more correctly geared ORCA would run against you. BTW we need to team up and knock another second off our lap times to put that red car in its place. Shame on you for wishing for a rain out this weekend. Lets see RC car racing or your daughter's volleyball and your sons baseball - your priorities are certainly in the right place. My son was the captain of the track team and we asked for time off so he could attend a race in FLA, they naturally assumed it was a track meet - who was I to disillusion them and tell them it was an RC car race.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Butler02

Like to see that beautiful Camaro after the first race.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
Interesting.... as opposed to uncut for reference:

RJ going to bring that beauty down to SA for some USGT this weekend? My Audi is waiting for you.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
RJ going to bring that beauty down to SA for some USGT this weekend? My Audi is waiting for you.
Haha! Actually, that's Tommy's old TC6 under that Camaro. This is what my old Mi3.5 car looks like... HPI 190 mm NSX. You know it wouldn't be one of my cars without the stripes!

Lots of stuff going on at the moment, so I haven't committed to coming down this weekend just yet.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

You know it wouldn't be one of my cars without the stripes!
RJ, that body looks Grrrreat!

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
My son was the captain of the track team and we asked for time off so he could attend a race in FLA, they naturally assumed it was a track meet - who was I to disillusion them and tell them it was an RC car race.
HA... that's awesome! Sure would love for my son to catch the racing bug like that! He's been spoiled by racing programs who run shorter 3 hour schedules which are hard to find these days in our area.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong
RJ, that body looks Grrrreat!
LMAO! Too funny...

Bill, do you have any 21.5T motors you'd be willing to offload? How's that Trackstar doing with the added timing? Sounds like John is getting fast. What is Steve running, the Thunderpower or the Tekin? I know Brame was running a Tekin, but I forgot which rotor.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Bill, do you have any 21.5T motors you'd be willing to offload? How's that Trackstar doing with the added timing? Sounds like John is getting fast. What is Steve running, the Thunderpower or the Tekin? I know Brame was running a Tekin, but I forgot which rotor.
Yeah, I've got one NIB left that I'll sell you for cost. With the timing maxed out I'd say my car is competitive with every other motor on the track except that Tekin... my car appears to be about 3-5mph slower on the back straight and a little laggy on acceleration in the mid section compared to what Steve was running at AROCS. The TrackStar is certainly capable, but definitely not the fastest motor on our track.

Not sure what motor that Mike Huckabee was running a few weeks back (I think it was a D3.5), but our cars were dead even throughout the field, it was tossing a quarter between us on who was gonna win as TQ was a difference of less than 0.02 sec, I just got lucky on passing lap traffic during the main to squeak past him for the win. Close racing like that was FUN!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I know the trackstars r not all built (wraped) the same . Ive seen a big difference between stator isr readings.
with the 17.5s ranging from 21.8-24ish
I feel I got a great trackstar 21.5 first try. Its fast and conistant . Has great punch and topend.
Play with the gear before u adjust the timing u might be surprised
Old 04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The One They Call Dirty
Ok everyone, I didn't mean to have this topic drag out for so long.
If we had something else to do it would be over already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.