Search

OS TR engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: which glow plug???

Originally posted by doki_doki
guys, which glow plug works best with the ostr 3 port engine??? the engine came with an a5 plug. should i use an a3 or an r5 plug??? what's the difference between the above plugs mentioned??? thanks
Old 09-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Marcos.J
i just went to place my order for the r spec and tower says that it is discontinued!?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPF1&P=0
It's now available at tower hobbies!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: which glow plug???

Originally posted by Marcos.J
thanks bro...
Old 09-29-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys it says OS TR(p)T specs as follows
4000- 38000
1.3 HP @ 30,000 RPM
does that mean the motor actually has more MAX HP considering it has 8,000 more revs to go if you know what i mean? :P im getting either a OS tr(p) T or OS TR R-spec which ever i can get my supplier to order! as he never ordered from tower.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

You should get the R-spec since I believe it's the only one that has a machined piston.

I am getting my TR R-Spec modified as I speak. I have found that the motor does not like to run under 230. It seems really rich if it is not running above 230.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Engine stalling

G'day All,

I've has my OS-TR for about a year. I have been very happy with it. However I haven't been able to finish a race for the last three meetings. Any sort of bump and the engine just stalls. I have replaced plugs but still the same problem.

The compression is pretty poor now and I'm wondering if that is the problem. If so what tools do I need for a rebuild or is it cheaper just to buy a new engine? My feul consumption is through the roof too. I would appreciate any advice.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
You should get the R-spec since I believe it's the only one that has a machined piston.

I am getting my TR R-Spec modified as I speak. I have found that the motor does not like to run under 230. It seems really rich if it is not running above 230.
Ya i wanna get the R spec as well for the bigger head and that its 3 port turbo (better fuel consumption than the 5 port turbo) but there arent any available on hong kong sites only place online i've seen them on is towers and my supplier doesnt order from towers!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Browny, try re sizing the p/s.....pinching. Check out this site. I think that they are cheaper than new p/s.
http://www.rayaracing.com/

Brain Teased, why do you go through a supplier when you could get online and purchase the engine from tower yourself. Cut your middle man.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sook
Browny, try re sizing the p/s.....pinching. Check out this site. I think that they are cheaper than new p/s.
http://www.rayaracing.com/

Brain Teased, why do you go through a supplier when you could get online and purchase the engine from tower yourself. Cut your middle man.
Nah cause i dont trust using my credit card online dont care how safe it is now just dont trust it! i read a few posts back that the R spec had trouble with the turbo head button? also cant seem to find the R spec engine on hong kong sites?! or any of those aftermarket heads for the OS TR's :P as when my supplier gives me the bad news that i cant get a OS TR R spec ill just get the 5 port turbo model and try and find a bigger head for it i saw them on rc-mushrooms.com like 2 months ago! but all their stock for OS parts are gone! only thing left is 5 port piston and sleeve set.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Glow plug choices...

I'm in the final tank of breaking in a TR non-turbo engine.
What options do i have to use on this engine? It came w/ an OS
A5. I'm using a used OS #8 i had in my pit box cause the A5
died after 10 tanks into breaking. I want to buy some spares
before the weekend. What other options do i have incase
my LHS doesn't have A5?
THX,
1T
Old 10-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Glow plug choices...

Originally posted by Onetrip
I'm in the final tank of breaking in a TR non-turbo engine.
What options do i have to use on this engine? It came w/ an OS
A5. I'm using a used OS #8 i had in my pit box cause the A5
died after 10 tanks into breaking. I want to buy some spares
before the weekend. What other options do i have incase
my LHS doesn't have A5?
THX,
1T
#8 works ok on almost all os engines. in my expereince, A3 gets the engine in the right temperature faster compared to the a5 and #8 plug. hope this helps...
Old 10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default zac modifies ostr engine

does anyone know what's the main difference between the stock ostr engine and the zac modified ostr engine??? thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Dokidoki There is alot of difference between the two. The stock is well...stock. The zac modified engines are modified to various degrees. you can get everything from only sleeve porting work all the way up to crank balanced and fully polished zacs. Also a big difference in price to the stock engine.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcosmax
Dokidoki There is alot of difference between the two. The stock is well...stock. The zac modified engines are modified to various degrees. you can get everything from only sleeve porting work all the way up to crank balanced and fully polished zacs. Also a big difference in price to the stock engine.
would you happen to know how much would a fully modified zac ostr engine cost??? would you also happen to know how much increase in horsepower you get out of these zac modified engines??? by the way, is zac a japanese company???
Old 10-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default mspeed...

rcosmax: bro...have you also heard about the mspeed ostr modified engine??? is this company japanese owned??? kindda curious. any website you can recommend??? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.