2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami >

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Old 04-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Are you at the track?

Coz Im in Australia and don't mind who shares info with us.. close enough is better than none at all
I'm a couple of hrs away was going to attend but could not get the time off will share any info I get from drivers that are attending
I know ralph has been using the src bodies and ran them at the pre worlds and winternats
Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
Go Ralph!

+1!!! Go Ralph!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Fuel having to be stored in blazing sun light.
Picture taken by LiveRC

Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What does spraying alcohol on the tires do? What did Tony say about the test?

Originally Posted by CFowler
Tony Rice just texted me that he was the driver chosen by either IFMAR officials or Homestead speedway officials to run laps and then come in to have alcohol sprayed on the tires and then go back out to see if there was a difference in performance

The tire doping finger pointing has gotten so bad that the officials have decided that EVERYONE will have their tires sprayed with alcohol while in staging, prior to going out on to the track.

Tony said when he came in the pits after a couple of laps he looked over to see the worlds best over there watching him making laps ...just dont hit anything, just dont hit anything !! was going through his head

I was over there on Saturday and didnt hear a single thing about tire doping, but I guess the bickering is getting louder than usual.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
Go Ralph!

those mugen stickers sure look nice.. have any pics from this race?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Denatured Alcohol

Carver,

I think the intention of spraying the tires with denatured alcohol is to "dilute" whatever substance "might" be being applied to the tires. I was on pit lane with Tony and his dad when they did the test. They ran maybe 5-6 laps on out of the box tires, trued of course, then they came in, sprayed the tires with denatured alcohol and let the car sit for ten minutes with the car supported. Then they went back out and found there was no difference in performance once the tires had been sprayed. So I guess the idea would be to dilute or remove the "additive" with the alcohol thus bringing the tires back to their original makeup. If you're not using anything...no loss from the spray. If you are...surprise!!! The only downside I see would be if someone is actually doping their tires, the denatured alcohol "may" activate the compound to be more aggressive. Remember some opn-road tracks spray their tracks with VHT cut with denatured alcohol to bring grip up. So this could in-fact backfire.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Is anyone able to get the live feed from their Ipad/Iphone?

I'm having no luck. I hope this isnt a Flash Player issue!

I have to actually work this week, and need some portability!!

Thanks,
Steve
Hate to say it...but it is a flash issue. To run the live feed flash needs to be installed or the browser needs to support HTML5 (which not very many do). Don't you just love Apple products....NOT!!!! <in the Borat voice> Ill poke around to see if i can get a quick fix for you....if not, might be S.O.L
Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Flavio Elias TQ's the first round.

Of course, it's just a practice round so doesn't really matter but he was very quick AND consistent.

Watching the laptimes, I can see why some would think there is saucing going on. Now I am not there and I am NOT accusing anyone but there were a few drivers that laid down some BALLISTIC laps in the first minute, only to be .5 seconds slower the rest of the way. I have to admit, it does look kinda suspicious though it is probably just a tire or set-up issue.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WHen ever I try to get on the Liverc broadcast page I get a Invalid Adress message.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
WHen ever I try to get on the Liverc broadcast page I get a Invalid Adress message.
Sounds like a firewall issue or NAT issue on your router.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Sounds like a firewall issue or NAT issue on your router.

Thanks, I fixed it! I was going into their Worlds coverage page and clicking from there, this time I just clicked on the link to the right of the home page.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Don't they tech the cars before a round? You'd think that would be easy to detect.

Originally Posted by wingracer
Flavio Elias TQ's the first round.

Of course, it's just a practice round so doesn't really matter but he was very quick AND consistent.

Watching the laptimes, I can see why some would think there is saucing going on. Now I am not there and I am NOT accusing anyone but there were a few drivers that laid down some BALLISTIC laps in the first minute, only to be .5 seconds slower the rest of the way. I have to admit, it does look kinda suspicious though it is probably just a tire or set-up issue.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default TIRES??

They (IFMAR) do have a detecting device of some sort but it is not detecting whatever "it" is.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Don't they tech the cars before a round? You'd think that would be easy to detect.
Probably, though I can think of a few things I could try that might work.

But again, I am doubtful that it is really going on. Just the laptimes of a couple guys looked suspicious and that WILL start rumors whether it is or not. I will watch this next round closely and see if it continues.

Of course if I was going to do it, I would NOT be doing it in practice qualifiers and risk having it found out sooner.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Redrc coverage has now begun

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.