2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

We really do need to find some way to get more tracks here in the U.S. and try and keep the ones we already have. The lost of 301 let's me know that it's pretty hard to keep them here in the United States. I think that most Americans are just not that big on Auto racing. Most like foolish entertainment like talk shows and surreal life shows. Sad but true.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cool video. That straight is looong!

World champs are not for me this time around but looking forward to Novarossi race and some state races!

Place looks great.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like the chicane before the straight. Too bad it will be a while before I get the chance to run this track
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I can't wait to make the trip down early next month!!!! My sedan is gonna be screamin' I need a third gear lol!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Yeah I would love to see a grass-infield track in the U.S. Good question Stefan.
There actually is. There is one in Battle Ground Washington. The place is called Timezone Racing. They have a Europeon style asphalt track and a big carpet track. The website is www.Timezoneracing.com
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ChadB.
There actually is. There is one in Battle Ground Washington. The place is called Timezone Racing. They have a Europeon style asphalt track and a big carpet track. The website is www.Timezoneracing.com
Would be nice to have the 2010 nats there. Did they send in the aplication?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Not really sure, but I would like to see the gas Nats at some point in time. This facility is like no other.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
+1
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

There is more info in the northwestern thread. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There was also one in Linville, VA. Not sure if it is still there or not. Unfortunately it was a bit too small and narrow for 1/8th but was a brilliant TC track.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Li...eocode=ADDRESS

Switch to aeriel view and zoom in to see it.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
Then there is the fact that some of us actually LIKE our style of track.

Give me a short, tight track any day. I love watching top European pros come to Ft. Meyers for the first time. They all drive scared.
Well, we non-US racers have to adjust to the US type of tracks because it has been the other way around the last years (2005 Messina/IT, 2009 Lostallo/CH). What I canīt understand is the date for 2011 WC.... In Europe the season has just started in the southern part but for the rest we probably just have had the first outdoor training sessions.....
Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Holy S@#T That's awesome. Never heard of this track before. Tell them to send in that app. for the Nats!!!!!! What's the closest airport?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikemyers
The interface I use from my Win Mobile phone is almost always Pistachio, which gets you all the important stuff, and leaves out the "fancy" stuff that uses up space and slows things down.

If you have a terrible connection, and just want to read, not see the images, "Vanilla" works fine as well - I used to use that when I things were really slow.

Either interface makes it easy both to read and to respond. If you use the "Abalone" interface, there is too much "fancy" stuff that gets in the way of the information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The video of Art is now posted, both in both the magazine and the on-road forum. (Sign-ups for the SGRID forum that are good for a year, are still free through the end of August, if you're a racer.)

I'm not sure how the video will work on a phone, but here's the link if you want to get to it from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8vDRIn9fig
That track looks incredibly fast! Its interesting the longest straight is in front of the Drivers stand/pit wall. The drivers will be bringing some serious 'heat' entering that pit lane!!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bsmooth
That track looks incredibly fast! Its interesting the longest straight is in front of the Drivers stand/pit wall. The drivers will be bringing some serious 'heat' entering that pit lane!!
Most european tracks are that way, with the main straight in front of the drivers stand. I like the fast chicane, right before the last turn hairpin.

Another thing about european tracks is that they not only have a long straight, but they are also deeper, the tracks in the use are long, but narrow.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Later a double chicane will be added as cars enter the pit lane to slow them down and protect the pit people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.