Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best Pro buggy Kit for under 450? >

Best Pro buggy Kit for under 450?

Best Pro buggy Kit for under 450?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tcaputo
The SG looks really nice ... Odonnell looks top notch .. And the SG is in tower hobbies at 450 due in mid jun it said ... What a good looking buggy...
i have the 2-in-1 kit now, well actually its my dads, but still i drove it this weekend some to help him with setup, he couldnt tell what was going on lol but i was amazed about how well that thing drove. i thought my D8s were good until i drove the Z01. dont get me wrong the D8 is great also, im had mine dialed but i think with some tweaks to the OD i could be faster. i run pro truggy mostly, but im thinking of getting another buggy and its either OD or D8, ill prob get a D8 bc i have a D8T now.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My top 3 would be in no order but i drive a losi.

Mugen
Losi
Your 3rd choice
Old 06-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i have the 2-in-1 kit now, well actually its my dads, but still i drove it this weekend some to help him with setup, he couldnt tell what was going on lol but i was amazed about how well that thing drove. i thought my D8s were good until i drove the Z01. dont get me wrong the D8 is great also, im had mine dialed but i think with some tweaks to the OD i could be faster. i run pro truggy mostly, but im thinking of getting another buggy and its either OD or D8, ill prob get a D8 bc i have a D8T now.

Does your dad have a 2.0 cause it's dialed....... Tell him to reward you with one if you get straight A's

Cough Op go buy a leighton dillard raffle ticket. Losi is trying to raise money for a family in need. You'll be pimping with truhes car. That's Losi people doing good.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Does your dad have a 2.0 cause it's dialed....... Tell him to reward you with one if you get straight A's

Well no losi for me if thats the case .. lol .. Was not great in school to much parties .... i would prob be going to the track with a tyco bandit http://i36.tinypic.com/10wl9ci.jpg
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Does your dad have a 2.0 cause it's dialed....... Tell him to get you one if you get straight A's
i wish that would work but im in college im a little to old for gifts lol, he started doing this when i had a career ending injury in motocross right when i went pro and he sucked me in, and some how i got faster quicker but he just does it for fun, doesnt really care about results. i just hate loosing, i can loose by 1 second and ill come down the drivers stand pissed

but i have driven a few 2.0s and didnt like them, i could of gotten a almost new 2.0 (6-8 races tops) for 150 but passed. they are great and all but everyones i drove pushed bad entering and exiting turns. but i think i could get used to it though
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Well no losi for me if thats the case .. lol .. Was not great in school to much parties .... i would prob be going to the track with a tyco bandit http://i36.tinypic.com/10wl9ci.jpg
I'm no angel.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i wish that would work but im in college im a little to old for gifts lol, he started doing this when i had a career ending injury in motocross right when i went pro and he sucked me in, and some how i got faster quicker but he just does it for fun, doesnt really care about results. i just hate loosing, i can loose by 1 second and ill come down the drivers stand pissed

but i have driven a few 2.0s and didnt like them, i could of gotten a almost new 2.0 (6-8 races tops) for 150 but passed. they are great and all but everyones i drove pushed bad entering and exiting turns. but i think i could get used to it though
Secret with the 2.0 is when you drive it you have to remember to "let the car do the work" you can lean on it but not to hard. If you do this it's dialed. Plus wrong tire will make a losi push. That's where changing the tires changes the set-up.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Good Point and really you are right .... now we are in Mugen / serpent and so on territory .... I swear everyone drives a losi .. its like the ibuggy ...
HAHA!! Best comment I've seen in a while.. Losi 8 2.0=ibuggy.

They are all good platforms, its just user preference. I drive a D8T and just got a D8 this week. D8T is awesome.. however I can say the RC8 is a great platform, I watched Ryan Mayfield toss down some ridiculous laps last Saturday at a club race..
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

And whatever happened to the Jammin team? I never ever hear about the x2 anymore ... the x1 was pretty popular and did pretty well ... what happened ..
Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

And whatever happened to the Jammin team? I never ever hear about the x2 anymore ... the x1 was pretty popular and did pretty well ... what happened ..
The Ibuggy killed it hahhaha J/P
Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

The Ibuggy killed it hahhaha J/P
didnt see that answer coming ...
Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Ha I know Jmaxey is going to chime in on this one. I think that Jammin is focusing more on full scale racing so they aren't spending as much time on R&D for their platforms.. you can still win with them, but the support and factory drivers aren't there anymore. I personally used to run the Jammin X2 till the end of last summer... parts support was horrible so I switched to HB.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Losi 8 2.0 hands down! Way better drivetrain because it's so free makes everything last longer including engine life.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Ha I know Jmaxey is going to chime in on this one. I think that Jammin is focusing more on full scale racing so they aren't spending as much time on R&D for their platforms.. you can still win with them, but the support and factory drivers aren't there anymore. I personally used to run the Jammin X2 till the end of last summer... parts support was horrible so I switched to HB.
nah i agree with you on the buggy, the X2 buggy sucks!!! its terrible, i wasted my money on one, i ended up switching back to the X1 after i ran the X2 for a few months. the buggy was way too loose and parts wore faster than anything.

but the X2 truggy is another story
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Secret with the 2.0 is when you drive it you have to remember to "let the car do the work" you can lean on it but not to hard. If you do this it's dialed. Plus wrong tire will make a losi push. That's where changing the tires changes the set-up.
yeah i figured tires were probably some of it, so ignored that much of it, it just felt weird to me. i probably turned some extremely fast laps with it but i just didnt feel comfortable driving it, ya know? its weird because i dont think i have ever needed to be marshaled when i drove other 2.0s lol, but the buggy didnt fit me. nothing wrong with it, just didnt fit me. thats why i gave the list say if it was me lol.

i bet i could get a losi and set it up for me more and probably like it though, but i dont like to follow the crowd so thats why i didnt get a mugen or a losi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.