Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
im going to wait til winter to get the buggy so i have time. going to focus on my ve8 before and get it tip top....what track do you race at?
any track that is racing in Georgia or Alabama or South Carolina lol
Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cool

what track do you race at down there? my sister lives in shannendoha by the woodlands...i would have to come race next time im down!!!
The closest track to where she lives is Mike's, we are having a series race there next weekend. We have a Houston area race series going all year long. 12 races, 3 tracks, one a month, two drops. It's been fun, I'm first right now, been leading all year, but the teenagers are not liking me leading, I've only won 1 race, just really consistent. There is another track in Friendswood called Vertigo, it's really nice, they are making the track huge right now, adding dirt and lanes. That's in the series too, and finally The River Racetrack is my home track in Brazoria, huge quad jump. It's close to the beach from houston.

Hit me up when you come down. It's probably the most organized racing in Texas besides the pro series stuff.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Right on Maxey

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
youll enjoy it and i know youll be way happier with it. only thing is do NOT run nova pluggs. run a mccoy 8 or odonnell plug in it. it runs way better with those plugs. for tight track a dynamite 053 and long wide open tracks run dynamite 086. i only ran a 053 with mine though, never saw the need for the 086.
You give great advice. I love the mc8 and the OD.....Perfect for that engine...Rock on...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6
You give great advice. I love the mc8 and the OD.....Perfect for that engine...Rock on...
thanks, i had two of those engines. one mod and one stock so i tried the McCoy 8 in the mod one and the OD 99 in the stock one. they ran about the same to me. tuned easy. i dont know if it was the plug or not but i got 10 min in my buggy with the stock one and only 8-9 min with the mod one

i sold the stock one to someone on here, only had right at a gallon, raced it once. i loved those engines, but i got sponsorship, so i stepped up to a little faster engine. my dad kept the modded one, kinda glad we did because i would of felt bad if it blew on someone else like it did to us. however i think it was the fuel, we had byrons that looked yellow and it blew, then we put our back up engine, which has never given us a problem and it went weird on tune and poped a new plug and the plugs we ran in that engine, we have been getting about 2 gallons or so on a plug.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks, i had two of those engines. one mod and one stock so i tried the McCoy 8 in the mod one and the OD 99 in the stock one. they ran about the same to me. tuned easy. i dont know if it was the plug or not but i got 10 min in my buggy with the stock one and only 8-9 min with the mod one

i sold the stock one to someone on here, only had right at a gallon, raced it once. i loved those engines, but i got sponsorship, so i stepped up to a little faster engine. my dad kept the modded one, kinda glad we did because i would of felt bad if it blew on someone else like it did to us. however i think it was the fuel, we had byrons that looked yellow and it blew, then we put our back up engine, which has never given us a problem and it went weird on tune and poped a new plug and the plugs we ran in that engine, we have been getting about 2 gallons or so on a plug.
who are you sponsered by?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by merdith6
The closest track to where she lives is Mike's, we are having a series race there next weekend. We have a Houston area race series going all year long. 12 races, 3 tracks, one a month, two drops. It's been fun, I'm first right now, been leading all year, but the teenagers are not liking me leading, I've only won 1 race, just really consistent. There is another track in Friendswood called Vertigo, it's really nice, they are making the track huge right now, adding dirt and lanes. That's in the series too, and finally The River Racetrack is my home track in Brazoria, huge quad jump. It's close to the beach from houston.

Hit me up when you come down. It's probably the most organized racing in Texas besides the pro series stuff.
i will make sure to do that. i dont know when the next time i will be coming down will be but i looked all over for tracks when i was down there for spring break
Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

who are you sponsered by?
championrc.com
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

championrc.com
nice job....How did you get that?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

nice job....How did you get that?
just good results, and i race with the owner alot so that helped alot. oh and lots and lots of practice
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

just good results, and i race with the owner alot so that helped alot. oh and lots and lots of practice
i do alot of that but still not that good. but ive been racing this car for only a few weeks
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

i do alot of that but still not that good. but ive been racing this car for only a few weeks
ive been racing for a little over a year but i took a few months off because i started riding motocross again and i started college.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

ive been racing for a little over a year but i took a few months off because i started riding motocross again and i started college.
ive been driving for about 6 years but started to race in january on a indoor offroad carpet track with a xxxcr then a ft b4 then the ve8 which i still have/ i will wont back to 1/10 2wd now because i love 1/8 so much
Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

im getting a mgt 3.0 to get a little more experience with a nitro
Old 06-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

im getting a mgt 3.0 to get a little more experience with a nitro
nitro isnt as hard to do as everyone thinks it is, its easy, just ask someone and they will help you if you dont know.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

nitro isnt as hard to do as everyone thinks it is, its easy, just ask someone and they will help you if you dont know.
lol ya i got a 1 hour speech on how to break in lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.