Wiki Posts
Search

Racing books

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Racing books

Was looking for titles of good books on race driving and strategy. I have found a few like Bob Bondurant on race kart driving this book covers a lot of non RC stuff but still helped me cut my lap times. Also Found the RC handbook by Scott Guyatt and marc’s car handling guide online. Have you found any titles covering tips or techniques that helped your racing?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Go to your local Borders or Barnes and Noble book store and look for "Inner Speed Secrets" by Ross Bentley and Ronn Langford. Its all about how to maxamize your mental preformance to maxamize your track prefromance. Its a very quick and easy book to read. I recomend that book to everyone.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

I believe the best book out there for car set-up is "Tune To Win" by Carroll Smith, published by Aero Publishers in California. Smith is a former F-1 team manager and designer; his discussion of handling, particularly roll centers, is definitive. It covers everything from wings to tyres. I've seen more than one pro R/C driver with this book.

It's not stocked by many book stores, but it can be ordered. I don't know about the on-line sellers.