Like Tree4Likes

Yokomo R12

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi hotdognobun
I know it is kind of late but ,You can use any 12th axles assy. it will works on R12 ....
Thats good stuff! Thx
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

I'm old school
Don't mind mounting tires at all
Still have to do it with the F1 cars, no problem doing it for 12th scale.
Also, I have a feeling that the Yokomo Axle, wheels and hubs are going to be more precise than the AE / Jaco parts
Could not agree more, mounting and trueing tires is actually kind of fun if you know how to do it easily It also re connects us to the old school days, which is good too.

Steve
Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by corallyman
Could not agree more, mounting and trueing tires is actually kind of fun if you know how to do it easily It also re connects us to the old school days, which is good too.

Steve
Ok then I'll send you all my Yoke rims and foam so you can mount them for me! .....please
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Look around your local hobby shop to see if they stock a CA type glue called Slow Jet, if they do, then I will.

Steve
Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Look around your local hobby shop to see if they stock a CA type glue called Slow Jet, if they do, then I will.

Steve
Slow Jet ?? who sell them here?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Steve
I've mounted foam before but never got the hang of it. Always turns out bad so i'm just wasting glue, wheels, and foam. Any advise or sites that shows how to do it? THX

OVA: Tower hobbies sell Slow Jet Glue

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNXC6&P=M and have you switched the r5.1 rear axle to the r12?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Its all in the glue, my friend. Seriously some glues dries so quickly you don't have time to realign the tire or its so thin it runs all over the place. That is why I only recommend slow jet. Jet is the brand and slow is the type of glue, I think there are 3 different types of thicknesses. It gives you about 3 minutes or so before things get serious and that is long enough to do it properly. In years past I have been able to then true the tires in about 1 to 2 hours after gluing but you should leave over night to be safe.

There may be other glues to use but I have not used them but slow jet is awesome for this. For normal use I use the faster CA's

Steve
Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
I've mounted foam before but never got the hang of it. Always turns out bad so i'm just wasting glue, wheels, and foam. Any advise or sites that shows how to do it? THX

OVA: Tower hobbies sell Slow Jet Glue

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNXC6&P=M and have you switched the r5.1 rear axle to the r12?
That's it.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I use rubber cement.
Like this

Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I use rubber cement.
Like this

I'm with you, Dave!

I use rubber or contact cement as it not only provides excellent adhesion, it also has some give. I think that the new mounted wheels and tires chunk and more precisely, tear easier because they are now using CA type of glue. I have noticed that after an 8 minute run and not hitting anything, the foam will tear away from wheel due to the heavy side loading during cornering. You can see a thin layer of foam still stuck to the wheel and the rest of the foam is tearing away. I think it's because the CA glue soaks into the foam making the foam where the CA soaks in, brittle and therefore, it tears at the point where the CA stopped soaking into the foam. I have never used CA to glue foam and maybe the flexible CA might work better but I will always use contact cement.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Front Shock Spring.

Having built the r12 decided to see what happens with the front spring installed the one from the kit.

Does anybody know what this will do? just in case I smash the car on the first outing because of it

Running outdoor track not carpet

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Front Shock Spring.

Having built the r12 decided to see what happens with the front spring installed the one from the kit.

Does anybody know what this will do? just in case I smash the car on the first outing because of it

Running outdoor track not carpet

Thanks
I actually deciding to use the front shock spring and remove the small front side springs. My other R12 had this set up and I felt more in control because it absorbs bumps and keeps the front planted to the ground so I have always prfered the set up. Here is my other r12 suspension set up. Damaged my carpet spec one so I am in the middle of transfering the electronics to my back up
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo R12-dscn0833.jpg   Yokomo R12-dscn0834.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
I actually deciding to use the front shock spring and remove the small front side springs. My other R12 had this set up and I felt more in control because it absorbs bumps and keeps the front planted to the ground so I have always prfered the set up. Here is my other r12 suspension set up. Damaged my carpet spec one so I am in the middle of transfering the electronics to my back up
What shock springs are they?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
What shock springs are they?
Hive springs... got them from windtunnel racing

http://www.windtunnelracingproducts....p?cPath=42_202
Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone know if Yokomo is just going to sell there front end?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.