Wiki Posts
Search

OS 12 TZ engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default OS 12 TZ engine

Greetings all,

I'm pritty much a noob here, but anyhow my question is with the OS 12tz engine in my tg10mk2. The car can be pushed forward and reverse without the motor installed. The motor has been broken in already. With the motor installed into the car, the car can still be pushed forward, but when pushed in reverse, the back wheels would lock up. I removed the glow plug, put some after burn oil in the engine, and the car is able to reverse, but the wheeles would be jerking in reverse, but freely moving. when the glow plug is installed, the wheeles/car will not reverse.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default clutch!!

Not familiar with your car but I'll assume it has a 2 speed. 2 speeds allow the drive train to "freewheel" when pushed forward,... but in reverse a one way bearing locks up and everything spins. But this should stop at the clutch bell. If the engine is turning over, either the bell is installed wrong or the clutch is assembled wrong.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Yes the car is 2 speed. It was running fine, engine cut out, went to get the car to start it on the starterbox when I realized the reverse problem, so I took off the engine and realized that the car can then be pushed in reverse, but when engine is installed, it cant.

From what you said, can it be safe to say that the clutch is gone on the engine? I has been installed correctly, ive been using the car, so im looking at having to get a new clutch i assume?

Thank you for the help! much appreciated.