Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Byrons Race 3000 V.S. Pro Driver 3000 >

Byrons Race 3000 V.S. Pro Driver 3000

Byrons Race 3000 V.S. Pro Driver 3000

Old 06-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Byrons Race 3000 V.S. Pro Driver 3000

Hey guys, I just wanted to get everyones thoughts about Byrons 30% gen2. Ive been using the Race 3000 for a while and i really like it. I know the Pro Driver 3000 will provide better performance, but at what cost? I dont want to prematurely wear out my engine just for a little extra performance. I usually club race about every other weekend, so im not sure if it would be worth running the Pro Driver 3000. Does anyone notice a huge difference between the two?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:51 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I don't think the average racer is gonna notice the difference between those two. I know I didn't. And honestly, I doubt you're gonna wear out your engine significantly faster.

Practice laps will do more for your overall performance than running fuel with 2% less castor oil.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm while I didn't notice alot. It did run a tad cooler, seemed to idle and run throught the RPMs quicker, but overall, not thinking the 2% is enough to make the difference for the average joe. I'm actually going to go back to the 11% as I think it will help engine longevity.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plus2ss
Hey guys, I just wanted to get everyones thoughts about Byrons 30% gen2. Ive been using the Race 3000 for a while and i really like it. I know the Pro Driver 3000 will provide better performance, but at what cost? I dont want to prematurely wear out my engine just for a little extra performance. I usually club race about every other weekend, so im not sure if it would be worth running the Pro Driver 3000. Does anyone notice a huge difference between the two?
you'll see the difference next time we drag race down the straightaway.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stirex
Hmm while I didn't notice alot. It did run a tad cooler, seemed to idle and run throught the RPMs quicker, but overall, not thinking the 2% is enough to make the difference for the average joe. I'm actually going to go back to the 11% as I think it will help engine longevity.
i keep hearing the 11% will make your engine fail sooner. the oil is like a blanket for your engine making it run hotter and also coating you piston and such. but thats just what i keep hearing so im not 100% sure.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The 9% will give you cooler temps, longer run time, smoother bottom end and a more consistent idle. You can tell the difference running the fuel back to back.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am proud to be a Byrons dealer, as I consider their fuel to be top shelf .
On the 9 vs 11% fuel/oil
I would love to see the difference in laptimes it makes, if any.
I have never used it (heck I only just moved up to 25%) but I would be most curious to see what difference it gives.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I could be wrong but I heard the pro driver stuff is what the europeans use because of their long flowing tracks and high rpms the engines go through.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by plus2ss
I cant stand the 11% oil..... The engine just feels sluggish. And no matter how i tune or who tunes it for me, cant get rid of the oil, It just get all over the place....... Pro is the way to do.....