easyest italian engines to break in excludeing rb engines >

easyest italian engines to break in excludeing rb engines

easyest italian engines to break in excludeing rb engines

Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
'

i believe you its a italian engine so it cant be bad !
Believe me, the Italians can make JUNK too, it just doesn't come out of Nova or Star factories. There are some Italian made clunkers out there.

And no, I'm not bashing works motors, totally different factory I'm bashing but I won't mention them.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

'

i believe you its a italian engine so it cant be bad ! and all the good feed back also, the main problem im having is i can get it to run in the parking, lot but soon as i let go of the throttle it shuts off. and i have leaned out the low end a half of a turn, and a 1/4 of a turn also same thing.

and the glow plug is good and, i have lean out the top end a little also.

and ive lean out the low end a half of a turn 1/4 turn and same thing , and i have to hit the throttle to get it started also.
another stab in the dark, but hows your clutch? you say it runs good down the parking lot, but dies when you let up/stop.. clutch hanging up will cause that..
Old 06-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
another stab in the dark, but hows your clutch? you say it runs good down the parking lot, but dies when you let up/stop.. clutch hanging up will cause that..

i dint measure the clutch shoes but, they look the same from when they were new im using, the dynamite long lasting shoes.

no it only does it when i let go of the throttle.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by merdith6
Turning up the idle just a bit or lean the bottom more. Then as it breaks in lower the idle back down and after leaning the top for speed go back and retune the bottom just to get it right. They come rich on the botom from factory......

i have leaned the low end out 1/8 of a turn and 1/4 of a turn, i leaned the top end out about 1/4 of a turn, from factory but havnt messed with the idle .

but the idle hole is open enough.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If I were you I would set the idle to about 1.5 MM and then lean the top and bottom until it fires on the box and stays running. Make sure you preheat it good first, and use a new glow plug ( maybe slightly hotter than what yo are using now) turn both needles in 1/4 hour increaments only until it fires and stays running do not overlean them until break in is complete. I think it's just a combination of a tight metal pinch, too rich on the needles and not hot enough. Your pinch will shut down the engine when you are off throttle if you let your engine cool down. Try not to run it on the ground for 2 full tanks until you can heat cycle some of the pinch out
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i dint measure the clutch shoes but, they look the same from when they were new im using, the dynamite long lasting shoes.

no it only does it when i let go of the throttle.
Stalling isn't caused by worn shoes, it can be caused by bad springs or bearings.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I think a slightly loose or slipping flywheel can do you in too.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I think a slightly loose or slipping flywheel can do you in too.

no the flywheel is tight and the, clutch bearings are in perfect shape the clutch springs should, be good i barely have ran them.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

try to lean out the hsn as much as you can while keeping bottom end and if that dont work turn up your idle little by little.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcdude236
try to lean out the hsn as much as you can while keeping bottom end and if that dont work turn up your idle little by little.

yea thats what im starting to, think that the hsn needs to be leaned out more i just go in small turns though.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

take it up 1/4th turn and see what you have. If your boggin on end start going back. If you are still just ripping on bottom end than go up a 1/16th till you get were you want.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcdude236
take it up 1/4th turn and see what you have. If your boggin on end start going back. If you are still just ripping on bottom end than go up a 1/16th till you get were you want.

ok il probery try tommrow since its kind of windy today, i know when i did have it running it had some, good punch too it but that proberty was my clutch setup lol.

i was just going at low speed and it seem like it was fast.