Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Futaba 4PK Offroad Setup >

Futaba 4PK Offroad Setup

Futaba 4PK Offroad Setup

Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Futaba 4PK Offroad Setup

I just upgraded to the 4PK for offroad racing. Any input on settings of the radio? Steering Speed, Steering Expo, etc....

I would like to know what you have for settings that work for you.

Thanks...
Old 06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The most important thing on this radio is to learn to use the Timer! It's great for fuel stops, just set it race.. And when your radio shakes bring in the vehicle!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (92%+)

YEA I JUST GOT ONE ALSO AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH THE ABS BUT I COULD ALSO USE HELP WITH SOME OF THE ADVANCED SETTING I JUST SET MY EPA AND EXPO
Old 06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

i dont own the 4pk i have the 3pk but , since your learning the radio just do the basic menu first epa, dual rate etc.

i have the timer on my radio if i can figure it out ! but i dont know if i look down at the radio while i race and, hit the button as soon as i go over the finish lane lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 4PK

There is definitely a lot in this radio. What I am confused about is which way the settings go.

Like if I want more dual rate (and what is more? like the point in the arc of the steering where it kicks in or how fast it goes when it kicks in? do I go above 100% or below?)

I guess expo should go negative for slower initial turning.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

I often find that servos move real quick around center. Just a little wheel movement makes my sterring jump alot.
I dial in negative expo unitl I can move my front tires smoothly just a little bit. Like going down a straight. Usually -30%.

Then program one of your trim switches to adjust your brake EPA. Pick one you can reach easy, so that you can reduce or increase your brakes during the main if track conditions change. For example I'll dial my brakes down as the track dies, and a wet track can dry dusty quick on a summer day.

Dual rate is linear. It's a quicky way to dial down steering while driveing. It works like EPA. I set mine to 100% (off) and rarely touch it. Some racers like to play with it. It should be a switch or wheel on most radios.

I'm on the Airtronics side of the fence so I'm not sure exactly what deos what on a Fuuty.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I often find that servos move real quick around center. Just a little wheel movement makes my sterring jump alot.
I dial in negative expo unitl I can move my front tires smoothly just a little bit. Like going down a straight. Usually -30%.

Then program one of your trim switches to adjust your brake EPA. Pick one you can reach easy, so that you can reduce or increase your brakes during the main if track conditions change. For example I'll dial my brakes down as the track dies, and a wet track can dry dusty quick on a summer day.

Dual rate is linear. It's a quicky way to dial down steering while driveing. It works like EPA. I set mine to 100% (off) and rarely touch it. Some racers like to play with it. It should be a switch or wheel on most radios.

I'm on the Airtronics side of the fence so I'm not sure exactly what deos what on a Fuuty.

100% off on the dual rate ? do you still have enough steering ?

i set my dual rate to 70 to 75 % with full throw or less.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Reno
I just upgraded to the 4PK for offroad racing. Any input on settings of the radio? Steering Speed, Steering Expo, etc....

I would like to know what you have for settings that work for you.

Thanks...
When I did get my first FieldForce-3 transmitter I did play with these settings, finally I have learned to leave them neutral for the best feeling in the car.