Community
Wiki Posts
Search

previous model VS new release

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default previous model VS new release

Not because the new model came out it doesnt mean your car is over ...
like jammin x1 to x2 losi 1.0 to 2.0

as long as your car runnin got parts available. it's ok to have it..

dont be fool by new release car where parts are hard to get.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whiterice

Neither one of those cars were recently released. And the losi 8ight compared to the losi 8ight 2.0 is not very good. The 2.0 does lots of things better. And i dont know of one hobby shop that doesnt carry 2.0 parts.No experiece with the jammins though.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have both the jammin x1 and x2 buggy and truggy and the X2 truggy is WAY better but IMO the X1 buggy is better than the X2 buggy
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Do you race? If so, unless you are Drake or Tessmen, then if you really dont think that the new stuff is better than the old, then...........(bite my tongue)

If you are a basher or a once in a while club racer, then yes you can run the old stuff. The new stuff is just faster, stronger and better handling
Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
Do you race? If so, unless you are Drake or Tessmen, then if you really dont think that the new stuff is better than the old, then...........(bite my tongue)

If you are a basher or a once in a while club racer, then yes you can run the old stuff. The new stuff is just faster, stronger and better handling
exactly my point
Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like you spent a lot of money on a brand new setup, only to get it handed to you on a silver platter by a kanai 3.

Stop crashing, drive like a grownup.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default worth to race

Originally Posted by halfman
exactly my point
Does it worth to race? entry fee cost you arm and leg. and if u win u bring home silver plate with a winning number on it. that u can get in a dollar store

but if u are A main driver yes you need to update to keep winning

but if u just run back and forth ......why u need a latest car?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought a Losi buggy 1.0 and just switched over to some 2.0 parts, no big deal.

I don't see a real big difference. Once you rebuild all your diffs and get a couple other parts you pretty much have a 2.0.

I think the 2.0 is longer tho. But yet something else you can upgrade your 1.0 to, just buy the chassis and a rear axle and there ya go! I changed the shock towers, hinge pin braces, and radio tray to 2.0 stuff.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
I bought a Losi buggy 1.0 and just switched over to some 2.0 parts, no big deal.

I don't see a real big difference. Once you rebuild all your diffs and get a couple other parts you pretty much have a 2.0.

I think the 2.0 is longer tho. But yet something else you can upgrade your 1.0 to, just buy the chassis and a rear axle and there ya go! I changed the shock towers, hinge pin braces, and radio tray to 2.0 stuff.
Arms
Front and rear CV
Center front and rear
Center diff holder
rear bearing holder
radio tray
towers
chassis
all rods

2.0 is just better all around. See if you are a basher like the original poster then run the old stuff.......

Does it worth to race? entry fee cost you arm and leg. and if u win u bring home silver plate with a winning number on it. that u can get in a dollar store

you do not understand the part of competition, if you are worried about how much this hobby cost, you should take up beading. I dont know what races you go to that cost an arm and a leg, but here the races are 20 bucks and if you understood how much money it cost to produce and maintain a track, you would not only want to pay it, but you would want to help keep the track up also. The return from owning a track is really not worth the money going in. If track owners even break even on a track at the end of the year, I would be shocked. Yes you can got to the dollar store and get you a silver what ever and bash..... We racers take great pride in racing and we do so to have fun. Practicing to make you better so you can EARN that one dollar silver what ever. dont try to knock racers dude, if you dont have the balls to race and get best, dont race, go ahead and bash your old stuff........
Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

race motocross for a month and you wont ever complain about the price in motocross at small local AMA races its 20 bucks a person to get in the gate whether your racing or not and then it 35 bucks for a AMA membership (paid once a year) 25 bucks per class to race and 20 bucks per class to practice. and thats not including all the other costs.

but anyways if your a good enough driver you dont even have to have the latest thing out there, i was running a old cen matrix for a little with a 60 buck STS engine just because i didnt have money and was getting top five in pro buggy with it but once i switched to a HB D8 and D8T winning became easy, havent finished off the podium yet. you can do fine with old stuff but the new stuff just makes it easier.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
race motocross for a month and you wont ever complain about the price in motocross at small local AMA races its 20 bucks a person to get in the gate whether your racing or not and then it 35 bucks for a AMA membership (paid once a year) 25 bucks per class to race and 20 bucks per class to practice. and thats not including all the other costs.

but anyways if your a good enough driver you dont even have to have the latest thing out there, i was running a old cen matrix for a little with a 60 buck STS engine just because i didnt have money and was getting top five in pro buggy with it but once i switched to a HB D8 and D8T winning became easy, havent finished off the podium yet. you can do fine with old stuff but the new stuff just makes it easier.
+10 well stated!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i take pride in my up keep and mechanics of my car. Winning is in the man/girl holding the pistol, not what you drive. If you are good enough you could win with a tyco. Me? When i go to the track i have one of the nicest cars out there, but i still am not a good driver like some at the track. But i really like working on my cars and engines. And take great pride in it. And not matter what i do, whether it be driving my real car, or the cloths i wear or the phone i use, i do NOT go cheap. I have to have the best even if i can't get the best out of it. Remember, You get what you pay for.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i take pride in my up keep and mechanics of my car. Winning is in the man/girl holding the pistol, not what you drive. If you are good enough you could win with a tyco. Me? When i go to the track i have one of the nicest cars out there, but i still am not a good driver like some at the track. But i really like working on my cars and engines. And take great pride in it. And not matter what i do, whether it be driving my real car, or the cloths i wear or the phone i use, i do NOT go cheap. I have to have the best even if i can't get the best out of it. Remember, You get what you pay for.
I hear ya, but the fact of the matter is this, not everyone is able to buy the best of everything, all the time, because not everyone can afford it, maybe you are in a financial position that allows you to do that, but most of us aren't.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Eventually I get to point where an old car becomes a backup or I stop stocking parts for it. When my parts supply dwindles, I'll pick up a new car and sell the old.

It just depends on whats worn out. If it's just a little plastic or the chassis plate so be it, I'll replace those. But if the gears, outdrives, shockbodies, chassis, drive axles all need replaced.....It's new car time.

If I stick to one brand, then more often than not, I can use the old car as spare parts. Diffs, shims, washers, springs, shocks, swaybars etc often all transfer over to the newer model.

For example the an old Xray 808 is a perfect backup car for a new 810. they're pretty much the same thing. I'd like to have my old car completely built and ready to go if my primary racer gets smashed and I don't have time to repair before the mains start.

2 is 1, 1 is none.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.