Wiki Posts
Search

Would a Truggy be better???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default Would a Truggy be better???

I was just wondering if a Truggy might be better for my daughter. She is driving a 8ight 1.0 buggy now. She drives it really slow like she is scared of it. I know people say slow is fast but this is not the case. Someone said to me that she drives it like a grandma. If that tells you anything. (They were just joking of course.)
I seen where people say a Truggy is easier to learn on. I have a 8ight 1.0 to but I'm slowly figuring out how to drive it every time I go out. It just seems she can't figure it out. She has the desire to drive it, that is not the issue. Maybe it's cause she is always racing in the same class so I can't help her. I don't know.
Has anyone else gone threw this to? If so what did you do to help.

Any advice?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

either way she is not going to drive it fast, a truggy is pretty big! if she is scared of it, a truggy witch is like twice the size of a buggy is going to scare her even more.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Truggy is easier yes.

Truggy's are more forgiving when talking about ease of driving. A truggy can be pushed more in the corners and have less body roll. When I flip flop between buggy and truggy it takes me a bit to ease up on the throttle with my buggy.. I like driving truggy more because of the aesthetic appeal. However, if you daughter learns to drive a buggy well she will in fact be able to drive a truggy very well..

Buggys are more nimble and prone to directional changes.. truggys are not..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i would get her to drive the, truggy plus there funner to drive than the buggys anyways espially on a rough rutty track.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Yea our home track can be rough and rutty in places.

I think if I get her in a different class than me maybe I can help her more to.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Tate72
Yea our home track can be rough and rutty in places.

I think if I get her in a different class than me maybe I can help her more to.

yea i whould defiely remmend the, truggy on a track like that buggys roll too much when hitting, the ruts i know i drove a buggy.

although a buggy does jump better cause there lighter.

if you can find a eight-t 1.0 from somebody there, not to shabby i have one and love the aggresive turn in you can fix that though if she whouldnt like that.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea i whould defiely remmend the, truggy on a track like that buggys roll too much when hitting, the ruts i know i drove a buggy.

although a buggy does jump better cause there lighter.

man you still have broken English....

ANYWAYS, you cant say a buggy jumps better then a truggy because of weight,

my truggy is just as light and sometimes lighter then some peoples buggies!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by smokinu
man you still have broken English....

ANYWAYS, you cant say a buggy jumps better then a truggy because of weight,

my truggy is just as light and sometimes lighter then some peoples buggies!

dude buggy tires way less and, so they have less rotateing mass so they shoot off the jumps better , i guess your better at english mr teacher lol.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dude buggy tires way less and, so they have less rotateing mass so they shoot off the jumps better , i guess your better at english mr teacher lol.
i didnt know a car can shoot off a jump?

HAHA Less rotating mass? right.... smaller foot prent less tread = less grip for the same amount of power.

a truggy generally runs faster lap times with the same motor and tire combo!

because buggys get WAY out of shape faster and easier.

but if this Girl wont drive fast.... why do you think driving a bigger car that is just as fast and nimble going to be better?

where is the logic these days?

out the window i guess.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Prophet

HAHA Less rotating mass? right.... smaller foot prent less tread = less grip for the same amount of power.

but if this Girl wont drive fast.... why do you think driving a bigger car that is just as fast and nimble going to be better?

out the window i guess.

no im talking about lifting off the lip of the jump, yea i know buggys have less of a tire patch i have a buggy i drove last year.

truggys are easier to drive on a rutty track.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How old is your daughter? Different ages have different abilities.

I also see you have the prices of your buggies in your signature. Does she know how much these things cost? Maybe she is afraid to break things because they are so expensive in her eyes.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

out the window i guess.
I agree in some ways and disagree in others...

Truggies are NOT as nimble as buggies. They are getting closer and closer these days(which is great!) but they are still less nimble than today's buggies are.

Truggies certainly have more tread on the ground, so they have much more traction than buggies. This does help with acceleration and jumping as well as consistency. With the same amount of power truggies are certainly able to put the power down better.

Lap times really depend on the track. There are a lot of tracks where truggies turn much faster lap times. These tracks are usually either very large and wide open, or very bumps. There are also a lot of tracks where buggies turn faster times. These tracks are usually either tighter and more technical and/or very smooth. Around here buggies usually turn slightly faster times.

tc5's not wrong about less rotating mass. Buggy tires are much lighter than even the lightest truggy tires. More mass to accelerate(especially rotating mass) means slower acceleration. Buggies have the edge in this case.

If the track is really loose and doesn't have traction, truggies will win the acceleration battle as they do have more tread on the ground. If there is high traction, or even medium traction, buggies will accelerate faster. More acceleration means jumps are easier to clear.

Anyway, back to the original question, the answer is PRACTICE. I don't think switching to a truggy will really help her much. From the sounds of it, you just need to practice with her. It does take some time to learn this sport.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

out the window i guess.
Hey just an FYI I'm talking about easier to drive wise and more forgiving, thank you.

Originally Posted by marccaracer
How old is your daughter? Different ages have different abilities.

I also see you have the prices of your buggies in your signature. Does she know how much these things cost? Maybe she is afraid to break things because they are so expensive in her eyes.
She is 13,
Yea I told her that the truggies cost more. LOL!! That's why I don't really want to get one. That and I have so much into our buggies now. But hey if it helps her by getting a Truggy it would be worth it to me.
I told her Sat night that I would rather her break something driving harder and learning from it than driving slow and breaking and not learning from it. Ya know what I mean?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Anyway, back to the original question, the answer is PRACTICE. I don't think switching to a truggy will really help her much. From the sounds of it, you just need to practice with her. It does take some time to learn this sport.

Yea I agree. I think I'm goin to try and go to the track just to practice more and try and work with her than.
I think all it's goin to take is for 1 thing to click and she will get it. Ya know..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tate72
Hey just an FYI I'm talking about easier to drive wise and more forgiving, thank you.

She is 13,
Yea I told her that the truggies cost more. LOL!! That's why I don't really want to get one. That and I have so much into our buggies now. But hey if it helps her by getting a Truggy it would be worth it to me.
I told her Sat night that I would rather her break something driving harder and learning from it than driving slow and breaking and not learning from it. Ya know what I mean?
How long has she been driving? If she just started recently, be patient. It will come in time. Driving hard off the get go is NOT the way to learn. Driving slow and conservative at first, and slowly picking up the pace as you go is the bast way to learn in my opinion. Master the consistency first, and then pick up the pace. If you try to drive too fast off the bat without learning consistency, it will be a LOT harder to learn that consistency later.

Again, I say PRACTICE! And have patience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.