Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help out a newbie for off-road :)) >

Help out a newbie for off-road :))

Help out a newbie for off-road :))

Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default Help out a newbie for off-road :))

Hello everyone,

Im new to off road but not to rc racing, I have a question : I'd like to get a electric buggy so I can go to the park, skate park, anywhere just for fun, I already have a novak GTB , lrp tc spec, 5 lipo batts, a 41 mhz fm setup, i got most of the electronic, I simply want to get a good buggy , not very expensive, budget of around 100-230 quid ( 150 - 280 dollars ), my friend gave me a tamiya sand viper, but it dont have much feature, cant choose many gearing setup for my 3.5 lrp, 6 t GM, or my 13.5 LRP , its not very known , no setup sheets, not many spares or parts to improve the ride.
So if anyone coumd point me in a direction for a good buggy, it would be very nice.

Thank you in advance
Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

BUMP
Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Electric 2wd buggies: Associated B4, Team Academy GV2, Losi XXX CR, Kyosho RB5, Schumacher Cougar, Tamiya 201X and others.

Electric 4wd Buggies: Kyosho ZX-5 series, Associated B44, Schumacher Cat SX or SX2, Yokomo B-Max, Losi XXX-4, HPI Cyber 10b and others.

These are all "race" kits most of the 2wd kits are in your price range. Don't know that any of the 4wd kits will be. Don't know much about what you are wanting to do exactly so it is hard to narrow the search for you. If you are strickly bashing and want something ultra durable you also have the Traxxas Bandit which is RTR however.

A Stadium Truck would give you more clearance and all of the companies listed above except Schumacher have one. 4wd will allow you to run on more surfaces, but will require a little more maintenance and slightly more money.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by forwardonly
Electric 2wd buggies: Associated B4, Team Academy GV2, Losi XXX CR, Kyosho RB5, Schumacher Cougar, Tamiya 201X and others.

Electric 4wd Buggies: Kyosho ZX-5 series, Associated B44, Schumacher Cat SX or SX2, Yokomo B-Max, Losi XXX-4, HPI Cyber 10b and others.

These are all "race" kits most of the 2wd kits are in your price range. Don't know that any of the 4wd kits will be. Don't know much about what you are wanting to do exactly so it is hard to narrow the search for you. If you are strickly bashing and want something ultra durable you also have the Traxxas Bandit which is RTR however.

A Stadium Truck would give you more clearance and all of the companies listed above except Schumacher have one. 4wd will allow you to run on more surfaces, but will require a little more maintenance and slightly more money.
Ok, thanks for all the listing, il look at them, what i want to do is : go have fun in the park / skatepark, and time to time( once every two weeks) go to a off road club for a meeting .
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'd stick with either the Kyosho RB5, the Associated B4, or the Losi XXX-CR. These are all real good buggies. Go with the one that has good parts support locally, and fits your budget.
Have Fun!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It sounds like your in the UK, so look into the ANSMANN buggy (same as the team C and tq sx10) you can get the budget version (the madrat) for 50 quid, the race version for 100 quid (much better, has good shocks and bearings) look on oople.com for more info for stuff in the UK
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

xxx cr i bash mine at the skate park all the timm same with the slash
Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you to all, thanks for the advice