Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Tamiya going to fast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

X-ray does make a cool car but I hate saddle packs. 414M but this was one of my best cars.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
this is not an X-Ray post,
its not a losi or ae post either but they're being compared ...........
Old 05-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by gijoe64
Thanks, about the thread. I just notice their is a problem at my track. Everyone used to only run xxx-s or tc3 untill I started running tamiya and winning local races and converting guys over. but know racers can't afford what I drive now they would love to have it but can't afford it. I think that sucks, tamiya makes the best built kits.

gijoe64, hey man i'm originally from chicago and haven't been back there for about thirteen years until early last year for a funeral. but anyhow that's not the point - i wasn't into r/c-ing back then but now i'm into it STRONG. tell me- how's the r/c scene back home?

YOKOMO--simply put-- THEE BEST!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

414M but this was one of my best cars.
I tend to agree I do love my 414M2 but usually find myself focused on the EVO3.

As far as Tamiya going too fast. I tend to be one of those that will not buy every model that comes out and sell it when the newer version comes out. Before my M2, which I bought last year, I raced my TA04. If I feel I am behind the Technology curve I will buy a new car. Last year I managed to buy 2 cars which is unusual for me.

Locally any car will be competitive, like my tricked 04. Lately I made the decision just to focus on my Evo3. I am dedicated to Tamiya and never owned a different sedan.

A-ko
Old 05-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Some of us would say that Tamiya aren't pumping them out fast enough!

Can't wait for July!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

yes tamiya are becoming tooooo popular these days.
at my local club poeple are running tamiyas and if you go back a year ago they were slagging them off!.
they are starting to attract the wrong market.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

sadly, you're all missing the point and if a Tamiya Marketing/Sales guru were to read this thread, he/she would giggle.

And the point is this, wait for it, here it comes.....MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.....they make lots of it, everyone wants to make money out of this hobby, the manufacturer, distributor, seller.....and who is the one paying for it all........yip WE ARE.

If you have a problem with Tamiya making too much money, stop buying their products...but apply that same philosophy to other big companies, Microsoft, Intel, GM, CNN, Mc D, etc.

Capice ?...good..!!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Punkynutt
sadly, you're all missing the point and if a Tamiya Marketing/Sales guru were to read this thread, he/she would giggle.

And the point is this, wait for it, here it comes.....MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.....they make lots of it, everyone wants to make money out of this hobby, the manufacturer, distributor, seller.....and who is the one paying for it all........yip WE ARE.

If you have a problem with Tamiya making too much money, stop buying their products...but apply that same philosophy to other big companies, Microsoft, Intel, GM, CNN, Mc D, etc.

Capice ?...good..!!
It's not about Tamiya making money their a large company and that is what thier bottom line is, but when a racer is loyal to a certian product would you want to price him/her out of you product? sales = profit.
Alot of loyal racers are moving onto other cars that are cheaper and has exclent performance.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

It's not about Tamiya making money their a large company and that is what thier bottom line is, but when a racer is loyal to a certian product would you want to price him/her out of you product? sales = profit.
Alot of loyal racers are moving onto other cars that are cheaper and has exclent performance.
Well you've just answered your own guestion "but when a racer is loyal to a certian product would you want to price him/her out of you product?.." with your own reply "Alot of loyal racers are moving onto other cars that are cheaper and has exclent performance"

What you are saying is, yes, loyal racers are moving away to something cheaper. Did Tamiya give them free cars to make them stay.....NO...

But my beef is not with Tamiya at all...I merely commented on how we complain about expensive cars and yet a company will not price something to the extend that it duzzint sell.

does the TRF415 sell, oh yes...did the TBE3 sell...of cause...will the TRF415II and TA05 and TBE4 sell......Oh yeah. So what does this tell Tamiya. "Look, they're still buiyng it". Money Money
Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Well

You guys gotta rmember, the USA is just a small piece of Tamiya's action. Sales in Japan accounts for over 70% of Tamiyas revenue. Japan's market is a little diffrent. Japanese guys, like most asian guys(like myself) always want the newest and greatest, hence why Tamiya is just keeping up with the market by churning products left and right. The Japanese can't get enough of it.

It seems senseless to us, but keep in mind that the the older cares are still very compeditive today, like the 414m2 and the evo 2, 3. The only reason to buy the newer stuff is to "keep up with the jonses"
Old 05-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The other thing to remember is when they have gone from one car to the next...there has been a noticible performance gain. I would think there could be a bigger beef if there was little to no gain in performance, but I want to hear someone tell me that they would honestly rather drive an Evo 2 than an Evo 3
Old 05-11-2004, 11:14 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yeh i think the performance gains way outstrip the prices. i havent kept a tamiya car for more than a year without changing because i got bored with it. however it would take time to devlop all those cars and some companies cant be bothered doing that. However i will mostly follow tamiya because of there good parts back up. even of 'older' cars they have a relaible part source to go back to
Old 05-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, part support is one of Tamiyas forces. That's why I from time to time consider getting a Tamiya.

But the speed of new kits hold me back. It would be nice, if they made upgrade kits. I talked with a big Tamiya fan, which found out it was quite easy to upgrade an EvoII to EvoIII.

If the parts exist, why not make upgrade kits? They probably make more money by NOT making upgrade kits, but I believe that applies to the Asia market. So what about making upgrade kits for the rest of the world?

On a side note, I'm not the kind of guy which always gets the newest and greatest (most of my equipment is from the previous Millenium ), so I could probably be satisfied with a TRF 415 for a couple of years. But I find they aint adjustable enough in the camber links compartment.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:12 AM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

camber links?? hmm i play around with other set up bits before i get to that point.