Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a Todd Hodge post re: hooking up the G+ on asphalt in a text file. I'll post it when I find it on my computer.....
Old 08-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

can anybody tell me what diameter is the shock shaft on jrxs? I guess the part number is A5330. I just want to know if Losi o-rings will fit on my BMI DB10R center shock.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here are some setup notes I have compiled over the last few years on the G+. The Todd Hodge stuff is toward the end. I hope this is useful for people:
Attached Files
File Type: txt
XXX-S Racing-Setup.txt (30.3 KB, 359 views)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
Here are some setup notes I have compiled over the last few years on the G+. The Todd Hodge stuff is toward the end. I hope this is useful for people:
Thanks for postig that
Old 08-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yea that was the tTodd Hodge article i was talkin about.
Ive also been told that Todd Hodge did an article like that for setting up for carpet, but I'm yet too see that one yet.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

GREAT day of RCGT racing today. As usual yours truly , mister race director, spent most of the day helping with repairs or tweaks to other peoples cars but when the time came I got the XXXS out and did some last minute tuning to the new setup and WOW....she was hooked up way better than I could hope for. Our track is tight,technical, outdoors on concrete and I just couldn't believe how well this setup worked. I have to thank John Chen, whoever you are, for posting it. The only concrete setup I found and it worked really well.
If anybody thinks the XXXS isn't competetive, feel free to ask the Pro4, TC4 and Corally PHI drivers who were behind me what they think.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XXX-S Belt Problems

I have a XXX-S running a Novak Slyder ESC and a Novak 21.5 brushless for my VTA class car. I ran it in stock setup for less than 2 minutes and stripped most of the teeth off the belt. I replaced the belt and ran 2.5 races and stripped again. I had someone with more experience with belt driven cars check the settings on the belt tension on the replacement belt. I could not find anything in the forum yet and I hoped to find someone else that may have experienced this issue. 2 belts in one race day seemed a little excessive. I hope someone out there can help. I really like this car and if I could get the belt issue taken care of it would be a great car. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I'm currently running the Novak Havoc 21.5 system on a XXXS G+. Which color belt are you running ? What spur/pinion size?? Is it G+ or standard chassis?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merlyn_471
I have a XXX-S running a Novak Slyder ESC and a Novak 21.5 brushless for my VTA class car. I ran it in stock setup for less than 2 minutes and stripped most of the teeth off the belt. I replaced the belt and ran 2.5 races and stripped again. I had someone with more experience with belt driven cars check the settings on the belt tension on the replacement belt. I could not find anything in the forum yet and I hoped to find someone else that may have experienced this issue. 2 belts in one race day seemed a little excessive. I hope someone out there can help. I really like this car and if I could get the belt issue taken care of it would be a great car. Thanks.
I run 10.5 on parking lot race no problem, make sure every rotating parts are spin free, true, and all the pulleys are lined up straight with spur gear.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbbee in the world of one-ways an Losi XXX-S Solid Front Axle

Hello all
I'm Trying to build 2 diffrent xxx-s kits to see which i like the best.
One with a oneway
2nd with Losi XXX-S Solid alloy Front Axle /alloy back ones that i got from (teamirsrc.com)
I'm new into the worl of touring cars.
I'm trying the drifting thing out so far i like it
. But don't know what i want in a car an from what i read one needs to just try them out with diffrent set ups.
I need to know how to set one up with a one way(is the back diff stay same or pull it out an put one in with the friction pads?)
Then I need to know what goes into the set up of a kit with the solid axles...i've read that the solid axles go in the back, but the ones i bought say it goes in front....i'm confussed. can some one please help?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Cuztomcloner
Hello all
One with a oneway
2nd with Losi XXX-S Solid alloy Front Axle /alloy back ones that i got from (teamirsrc.com)
. But don't know what i want in a car an from what i read one needs to just try them out with diffrent set ups.
I need to know how to set one up with a one way(is the back diff stay same or pull it out an put one in with the friction pads?)
Then I need to know what goes into the set up of a kit with the solid axles...i've read that the solid axles go in the back, but the ones i bought say it goes in front....i'm confussed. can some one please help?
Diff stay in rear no matter what, unless a track you race is oval shape no sharp turn track, it's all about a spool thiese days. (on rubber tires that is)
Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Diff stay in rear no matter what, unless a track you race is oval shape no sharp turn track, it's all about a spool thiese days. (on rubber tires that is)
The drifters sometimes use the spool/solid-axle in the back. It sounds like you and he are talking about setups for different forms of racing, ie: drifting vs. road course.

Dude, your best bet would be to ask the drifting threads b'c those guys will know the setups better than the individual car threads.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
The drifters sometimes use the spool/solid-axle in the back. It sounds like you and he are talking about setups for different forms of racing, ie: drifting vs. road course.

Dude, your best bet would be to ask the drifting threads b'c those guys will know the setups better than the individual car threads.
drifting? didn't read that part, Thanks Greg, I ll see you tommorow at track Takenawa yoshioka!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

Yeah drifting has different setups.
Alot of people think drifting is all about the PVC Tires/Plastic Tires.

They slide out of control but they yet still want control.
Try GroovyDrift its one of the more active drift forums.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cuztomcloner
Hello all
One with a oneway
Ok, until recently our club was all about drifting so maybe I can help. You definitely want the solid axle/spool diff in the back. Not a problem with fit since diffs are the same from front to rear. In the front many drifters prefer the one way to get maximum turn in and then use throttle to set your drift angle. If you're new to RC then you might best start with a front diff set loosely to start out. Tighten it just enough to provide some help during braking. A one way takes a bit of getting used to but this choice is really up to you. Springs should be fairly stiff in front and back.Check out the great forum at www.sflrcdrift.com. Those folks know their stuff and willing to help. Mention that cflslider sent you.
If you get bored with drifting, the XXX-S will be there to help you kick some butt when you go racing! Have Fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.