Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I want a XXX-S for street bashing since it's the only

enclosed belted car. Anyone try to put JRX-S shocks on it yet? Are they the correct length? IF the batteries would fit and if you could actually use the droop screws I would be racing it again. A local guy has a great setup and it never tweaks like plate cars. I sure miss it. I have been told the TC3 is making a come back so maybe the XXX-S will.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

JRX-S shocks are way too short for it and do not have enough travel due to the short arm technology on the JRX-S. Cut the droop screws down on the XXX-S and its perfect as a basher or a racer, they no longer catch on the asphalt/carpet etc and they are enclosed in the chassis and thus keep the droop setting more accurate.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah I'm running the same tires as everyone else, its a stock foam tire class, so I'm running plaid on front and purple on back like the lhs said to, also I am running orange springs up front, black in back, was running white in back, but the car was undrivable almost, the black springs made a world of difference. I have so far broken arms, spindles, bearings, usually in the front of the car, maybe a new esc is in order
Old 11-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by badmojo13
yeah I'm running the same tires as everyone else, its a stock foam tire class, so I'm running plaid on front and purple on back like the lhs said to, also I am running orange springs up front, black in back, was running white in back, but the car was undrivable almost, the black springs made a world of difference. I have so far broken arms, spindles, bearings, usually in the front of the car, maybe a new esc is in order
Think it may be time for a total strip and re-build. Sounds to me like it may not have had one for a while so it may be the best idea. When i do this it really is a case of stripping everything off the car, cleaning and rebuilding with new consumables for diffs, shocks, bearings etc. Then get it on the set up sysem, choose your set-up and adjust the car accordingly.
Everytime i bring the car off the rug (after practice/qualifying/final) i blast the bearings and cvd's out with motor cleaner and re-lube them. This limits the amount of carpet debris getting in the bearings and hindering performance. Also brush any felt off the car using a paint brush. I then re-check the ride height and droop as these can have a negative effect on the handling if they become unbalanced.
Its not often that i run foams on carpet but this is my setup from my last outing and the car was dialled! Maybe this will help!
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-gtcc001.jpg  
Old 11-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Losi_g+- Nive to hear from a xxxs enthusiast. I agree that the xxxs is still competitive. I really like the xxxs because I charge a battery pack and race. It leaves so much time to relax and bs with everybody and drool over the new kits that I want to buy in my LHS.

Badmojo- if you bought your car off of ebay i really recommend that you follow LosiG's advice and do a complete tear down and check everything. I would do that with any used car that I buy. If you are blowing out bearings, It may have been that way when you bought it. Blown out bearings would slow your car down and make it handle poorly. If i was racing carpet, need to clean and lube bearings every race day as carpet is bad on bearings. Get good bearings not just overpriced poor bearings.

ESC- I have bought at least a dozen Novak speed controlls. The cyclone is programmable. The setting is VERY, Very, very important to having a fast car. What is the esc set on? I have switched over to the KO vsf1 speed control. With it's settings I have noticably more punch and overall speed than any of the speed controls that I have ever owned.

Anthony 390- drive you car and see if you like the handling, if not post your set up and we can help you.

Have a great T-Giving.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Badmojo- what are you running to break spindles. When you say spindles do you mean steering nuckles or the ears on the diff/spool or ?

Are you running stock or mod?

I highly recommend BRP XXXS bumper to save the front end. Very cheap and tough.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

it was steering knuckles I kept breaking, not every run, but when the cost $11 per set it gets expensive, then I started breaking arms just recently, broke 2 left fronts on the same day I shattered the bearings. I have heard good things about that brp bumper, just havent picked it up yet, also just purchased 8 new wheel bearings for the car, I broke 4, but I picked up some avid revolutions and see if it helps the car go faster
I run stock only in the car, thats the class for tc at my local track
Old 11-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badmojo13
it was steering knuckles I kept breaking, not every run, but when the cost $11 per set it gets expensive, then I started breaking arms just recently, broke 2 left fronts on the same day I shattered the bearings. I have heard good things about that brp bumper, just havent picked it up yet, also just purchased 8 new wheel bearings for the car, I broke 4, but I picked up some avid revolutions and see if it helps the car go faster
I run stock only in the car, thats the class for tc at my local track
Absolutely, go with the BRP bumper to save those front end parts.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

It does seem as though u break a lot of parts. Are you having handling issues with your car or eyes go blurry because u forget to blink or just brain farts?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Probably a good thing your running stock, if your breaking this much stuff, think how much youd break in mod !
When you sy the knuckle, ill guess your talking about the spindles. DO NOT overtighten the ball end or screw into the spindle, this will cause it to seize and will bind, when you hit something it will transfer all the shock into the graphite parts, thus causing them to break. It may be worth your while looking for the aftermarket alloy spindles, i dont like them personally but they are more durable if your having reliability issues!
Same goes for anybody on here, i have stacks of setups for the XXX-S so if anybody wants any help just let me know.
On a final note, the JRX-S has arrived so this weekend will be the last outing for my XXX-S for a while , although i have a feeling she will be out again ! Its been a good 14 months and everyone can rest assured, i will still be very active in this thread!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

ANYONE???

help Please
Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by anthony390
ANYONE???

help Please
Sorry anthony, i thought id already posted a reply to you.
Ok, running the XXX-S on slightly bumpy asphalt, typically you would need to be looking at slightly more droop and ride height to compensate for the uneveness of the surface. Id go with 2 degree pivots or 4 degree at a push (typically, the bumpier the surface, the higher the degree of pivot block is required!) Shock settings and spring rates are dependant on the type of track eg twisty, open & flowing and driving conditions (higher ambient temp=more grip so use a slightly harder spring.) If you could let me know what the track is like i could pick a setup that should give you a good base from which to work.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

its a course of both tight and mid speed turns

and where are the pivots located at?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh ya can you send me a manual of the car to my email

[email protected]

if you could that would be great

Thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Anyhony390- Post your setup then we will have a good place to start to help you if the car does not handle well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.