Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mdawson- Congrats on the win. The Losi car was also killer out here yesterday but we were no match for jason moberly (Yokomo driver) We will try again on Wednesday. He use to run for Losi a while back so he was able to help me out with the suspension a little bit. I found out that I had to trim my droop screws a little so that they didn't tear the carpet. They were hanging out a bit.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:19 AM
Rog
Tech Apprentice

MDawson - Good win. What part did you break? That track has eaten 4 hub carriers in my last 3 races there. Oddly enough, all 4 broke in exactly the same place, the lower bend. I wonder if it's a weak spot? Mark, are you running 2 different cars for mod and stock or are you just swapping out the motor? What gearing are you running for mod? For stock?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2001, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

The part of the track that killed me was the a double S turn in the middle of the track, going from the stock spindles to the 2 degree spindle helped but I still was not able to weave through them like a lot of other people. My car had as much steering as the guys that were running in the A main and one of the A main guys ran my car and still was not able to make it through that section without having to hit the brakes hard. I have my front shocks in the Third Position on the car. If going to the outer most hole on the shock tower would that have helped? This is a carpet track and very technical. Alot of 180degree turns followed by another 180 turn and so forth. My car was set up like Andrew Grey's setup sheet on the Losi site. This is the home track for Andrew Grey also. (He was in Cleveland last night). What other ideas can I do to get through the S turns without nailing the break half way through the turns. I was trying to coast through the turns like all the other XXX-S could do.

Mike
Old 11-18-2001, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Also..what are you guys doing to protect your front ends from accidents or hitting a board? I was thinking about buying one of those big Blue foam bumpers for the TC3. Will that help or is that Red Matt Francis Bumper going to be just like the big blue foam bumper for the TC3?
Old 11-18-2001, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
Mdawson- Congrats on the win. The Losi car was also killer out here yesterday but we were no match for jason moberly (Yokomo driver) We will try again on Wednesday. He use to run for Losi a while back so he was able to help me out with the suspension a little bit. I found out that I had to trim my droop screws a little so that they didn't tear the carpet. They were hanging out a bit.
Just give Mo a little love on the rear fender, that will slow him down. What did you end up using for a setup on carpet at Ripon?
Old 11-18-2001, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rog
MDawson - Good win. What part did you break? That track has eaten 4 hub carriers in my last 3 races there. Oddly enough, all 4 broke in exactly the same place, the lower bend. I wonder if it's a weak spot? Mark, are you running 2 different cars for mod and stock or are you just swapping out the motor? What gearing are you running for mod? For stock?

Thanks
That track yesterday had some serious mass to the boards. A chicane with three inch high boards jetting out into a 90 degree apex proved no match for a rear arm. I did expereince a problem with jumping the belt off of the belt-tensioner pulley.... more on that later. The belt was snug. Whoever says that the car does not run in FWD is wrong. I finished a mod qual full-tilt with just FWD. You wouldnt have believe it without seeing the way the belt was wrapped around the bentl-tensioner and running. The belt did not break.

You really should try the graphite hub carriers. You might be better off. But figure that if you do hit something, something will give. You just have to play the averages and try to keep the car clean.

I do have two cars. One is a one-way car and the full-time. I try to split the cars between stock and mod, but if the track leans to car or the other based on layout, length and traction - I will go to swapping between heats.

Mod depends on motor turns and stock is usually 28/29 for the large tracks in southern cali.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fixes

I've come up with some fixes for the breakage and belt skipping.
email me for some pics.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I put a big bad TC3 buds bumper on mine, between the stock bumper and the foam bumper, I had to trim it a bit ...and that took care of 99.9% of my breakage bumpers ...on also used a Lupo TC3 bumper, again had to trim it a bit.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by mr. losi
final...where did you buy your kit at???which parts were missing???mayby i can help....

I bought my kit at horizen hobbies web site and I was missing a bag that included the screws that held the front suspention arms in Im not sure about all of them cause I threw away the list I had of missing parts.
Old 11-18-2001, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

STLNLST:

Are you current running carpet? I want to try a new carpet setup and I'm thinking about trying Matt's setup with the changes you made.

thanks.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

STLNLST:

When you say you trimmed the droop screws from which end did you cut? The end that pushes against the arm or the end where you place your screwdriver? I've had the same problem with my car (I run with foams on carpet) and was wondering how I could work around having the screws stick out.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:41 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Schuie Driver
When you say you trimmed the droop screws from which end did you cut? The end that pushes against the arm or the end where you place your screwdriver?
Well, You could cut the end with the hex, but then how will you adjust it .
Old 11-18-2001, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anybody been able to get the complete graphite conversion kit yet? what about the .28 shock set for the front? If yes, where can I order it? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Also..what are you guys doing to protect your front ends from accidents or hitting a board? I was thinking about buying one of those big Blue foam bumpers for the TC3. Will that help or is that Red Matt Francis Bumper going to be just like the big blue foam bumper for the TC3?
I did the same thing that Harsh guy did to his. It does portect the front end a little bit more. To me the foam bumper doesn't really get to do it's job because of how flexible the front bumper is. I would like the Trinity TC3 type style foam bumper for the car.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MDawson

Just give Mo a little love on the rear fender, that will slow him down. What did you end up using for a setup on carpet at Ripon?
I did that before and couldn't stop from laughing as I did it so my excuse of someone was on my channel didn't work On carpet I ran Matt francis' set up from the roar nationals with blue springs all the way around. The car was dialed but as the day went on the traction started to come more and to me the set up was now too soft. I will try a stiffer one out on Wednesday. Mo will have his hands full on Wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.