Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 09-20-2001, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I was at The Track on Saturday and saw Andrew and Todd Run. Andrews Setup is different then the one on the Losi site. A lot different. I will go home and see if I can find the notes I took on his car and post them here. He was on fire. I think he was running a 7turn single on a very tight track. He is a great driver. Todd was having a little trouble with speed but I didn't stick around to see the end. He probably kicked it up a notch in the third qualifier. Those guys are fun to watch. Todd is a really nice guy. He had already taken the Dremel to his XXX-S. He had a cool rear Camber Modification to rear shock tower but was not using it. I would have run modified this year at the track but since those guys race there I will stick with stock. I hope that Mimi can get a sportsman stock class going there with the 19turn motors. I kind of hope that the class also has to race Rubber. I will be entering the Trinity Race that they always hold there in Janurary.

Mike Webb
Old 09-20-2001, 08:54 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mike,
I would love to see the setup if possible because I plan to race a couple times at the track this year. Also, what battery company do you guys run in Virginia? Is it mainly SMC? I am looking to pick up a couple high voltage packs for stock and I have not decided between 2400's, SMH's or the new 3000HV. What do you guys suggest?
Old 09-20-2001, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Andrew and some of the guys that I saw ran SMC 3000 SMH in Mod. Todd Lewis ran the 3000SMH by Trinity. But they are all sponsered. I run Pro Match 3000 SMH in stock. I have their best packs (4) of them. I thought I would be running Mod and that is why I got them but they will do me good in stock and if I run the 19turn class they will be good. I am waiting on the Sayno 3000HV to see what they are like. At the Trinity Race I will probably by 4 or 5 packs of 2400 from ProMatch. I really like his stuff. Some of the other things I have seen in the pits are alpha and omega batteries and Motors. (alphaomegaracing.com). I have seen some Powers Cells but not that many. On Saturday there were 6 people in stock racing TC and I think about 12 people running MOD. Entries should get bigger as it gets colder out. It seems that The Track really like Fantom Products. I think most of the Stock people were running the Fantom GM3 and a lot of Fantom Mods. If I go Mod I will run the TI by Reedy. I can't wait for Todd to get the P94 so we can see what that is all about. I hope he was not using it this past weekend because he didn't seem really fast compared to Andrew. I could have sworn that he had a D4 in there though.

Mike Webb
Old 09-20-2001, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

mike_Webb: I wouldn't be surprized to see a spec class for 19t motors. Many of the guys that run modified are sponsored, so for us mere mortals a spec class would be nice.

Concerning rubber tires at The Track, I doubt that Mimi will allow that. She has for the big races, but for weekly club meets I don't see it happening. Also, I don't think that there will be any big races (Trinity etc.) at The Track this year/season. There is supposed to be one of the big Tamiya races though.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Geppetto- I talked to Mimi on Saturday and the Trinity Race is going to happen. They are working on it right now. She said that timing is important because they want to get the Losi/Associated/Trinity and so forth drivers there for the race and they want to get Matt Francis to come there so scheduling it is the hardest part. I hope they do get it all figured out because I would love to race in a nice big race.

The only reason I want to race with Rubber is becuase it is a little cheaper, Tires don't chunk, and you don't have to keep wrenching on your car because the Foams wear out. I guess I am Lazy. Matt Francis just anounced that the Gear Adapter is available for the XXX-S for $40. I wonder if that is really worth it but I am glad he released it, bout time someone did, a lot of people have been waiting for it.

Mike Webb
Old 09-20-2001, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can mail-order the graphite chassis?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here is the link to order parts:

http://www.horizonhobby.com
Old 09-20-2001, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by futureal
Sorry to say it Wolvy, but you must be doing something wrong...!

I've put the car through hellish crashes under race conditions and have not broken a thing. I'm not sure how the belt could break, unless it was too tight on the tensioner or had a manufacturing flaw.
Called losi today........ complained about my kit.........
I spent 90 mins...... talking to at least three, people they all had questions on why I do not like my XXX-S..

They asked many questions on how I build the kit, how things went, and so on...........

They think that there was a flaw in the belt..............
they are sending me a replacement and some other stuff
they said I would be happy with the car after they send me the stuff, they would not tell me what all they are sending but said I would be happy....................

so now I wait...........
wait for the UPS man to show up.............

At this point I would like to thank losi for all there help and understanding...... to cure this matter..........

Old 09-20-2001, 05:51 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down SEE! I told you!!

Originally posted by Wolverine
JUNK............ JUNK................... JUNK

I for one am not real happy with the losi XXX-s

I like my TC3 better!!!!

And you thought I was kidding when I told you to keep racing the TC3, Oh well Live and Learn HUH!
Old 09-20-2001, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Ten bucks says that you get some type of graphite parts or something... Hope for a Chassis
Old 09-20-2001, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: SEE! I told you!!

Originally posted by Jamracing 1

And you thought I was kidding when I told you to keep racing the TC3, Oh well Live and Learn HUH!
Yea, Yea......................

Whats a kid to do, sometimes he has to learn on his own

Old 09-20-2001, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Ten bucks says that you get some type of graphite parts or something... Hope for a Chassis
I don't know......... but they said I would be pleased

Old 09-20-2001, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Considering that the car has done well for many others out of the box, it seems like they are doing everything to make the car work for you. Hopefully the addons will make it a better ride for you.

You should also consider that the car has an lower internal drive ratio than your tc3, gearing is not as simple as using the same pinion/spur size accross the board.
Old 09-20-2001, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: SEE! I told you!!

Originally posted by Wolverine

Yea, Yea......................

Whats a kid to do, sometimes he has to learn on his own

Well at least you are not alone, I know someone who was shorted two shock bodies , when he called Losi he was on hold for an hour!!
He finally got his shocks and when he built them they all leaked,
He was so mad he busted the chassis in half, I bought the car for Fifty bucks.
Now to Fix those shocks and get a chassis.
Old 09-20-2001, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by MDawson
Considering that the car has done well for many others out of the box, it seems like they are doing everything to make the car work for you. Hopefully the addons will make it a better ride for you.

You should also consider that the car has an lower internal drive ratio than your tc3, gearing is not as simple as using the same pinion/spur size accross the board.
Yes I know that the losi's drive ratio is different then the tc3
but I geared them as close as possable using a calculater.....

and the losi was slower, I even told that to the people who I talked to at losi, they asked how I geared it and what was was my finale gear ratio, and said that the small differents should not have show up in the speed loss between the too.....

They think was that something was bending........

but I don't know, I have to wait and see what losi sends me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.