Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

rayhuang - try andrew gray's foam setup for the xxx-s. it is listed on the losi site and works well here in minnesota
Old 09-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shock towers

The Team PRP XXXS shock towers are in production and we are now accepting Pre-orders on them. Please check out our site for all of the information including our pre-order deal, http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp/

T. Hodge- send me an email, I can send a pair out to you this week if you'd like to mess around with them before OktoberFAST. [email protected]

Thanks much!
Ben
Old 09-19-2002, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by black-knight
do the xxx-s drive shafts fit the old Street Weapon?
yes i was talking about CVD's

thanks for the tips and info guys!....
Old 09-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Front Shocks

I have a XXXs that I bought second hand, the guy I bought it from said it has front shock shafts for carpet racing ie .28 in a standard threaded shock body. I have had a look and they are a gold colour but how do I tell if they are standard length or the .28 version?? What does the .28 refer to ??? Can I measure them if so what size should they be?
Old 09-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow shock shaft info.

0.28 refers to the amount the shock shaft moves in and out of body (the throw as it were). I think you could measure that no problem. Should ne 0.28" or 7.1mm I think!!!

Also-if the front shock bodies are shorter than the rear bodies-you have got the short front shock kit on the car. The gold color is a nitride coating to make it harder and smoother. Losi makes a short shock kit that includes those shock shafts and the threaded bodies. I think you are good to go!!! If not-you can buy the bodies. Part #A-5027

To measure-I would put a thin black line on shock shaft at full compressed with a thin Sharpie. Then fully extend it and make another mark. Measure the distance between marks. Lets hope it either 0.28 or 0.36.

If not-sorry!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-19-2002 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks very much I'll give it a try, I presume then that .28 is the one to go for as I race mostly on carpet
Old 09-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default question

What have you guys seen being uesd to layout a track on carpet?

Are 2x4's or some type of PVC pipe being used? what works best, any ideas are welcome.

Eric
Old 09-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmm.... Looks like someone is doing a little bit of research for a nice pretty new track in Tucson...

What up Mr Fike (as in Nike) - how are things going in Tucson??

The wonderful state of Kentucky is... well.... very green... and wet compared to the desert!!!

Any news on the opening of the carpet track?? Or are you going to continue to race at the glitch box?

Wilde
Old 09-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Wilde (are those banjos I hear???:P)

I've been told (heard) that it's expected to be the trhird week of October... and yes I will most likely continue to race at HappyTown. The new asphalt is real nice and smooth mucho, mucho traction. I also hear that the off road is pretty nice... no rocks....

Eric
Old 09-19-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: shock shaft info.

Originally posted by rayhuang
To measure-I would put a thin black line on shock shaft at full compressed with a thin Sharpie. Then fully extend it and make another mark. Measure the distance between marks. Lets hope it either 0.28 or 0.36.
That would be the hard way

Measure the shock when it is fully extended, then again when it is fully compressed. Digital calipers are nice for this Obviously you would then subtract the shorter measurement from the larger to get the ammount of travel.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default course design

Eric F-Don't know if you got an answer to course design already. Your e-mail is turned off. Send me an e-mail for a little description of the pipes to use. John [email protected]. Use 2" PVC with oversize 2"2 inch wood internally with countersunk screws to make the joints. Use 1.5 inch flexible silastic pipe for the curves.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:14 AM

Default Re: question

Originally posted by EricF
What have you guys seen being uesd to layout a track on carpet?

Are 2x4's or some type of PVC pipe being used? what works best, any ideas are welcome.

Eric
Ae the Stockton track, site of the 2002 ROAR Carpet Nats, they used plastic downspouts with velcro. It provides more give than a 2x4.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Velcro... that seems like a good idea, but what does it do to the carpet in the long run? Also does it withstand the impact from the cars?

John, I'll email you later today.

Eric
Old 09-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

What they do at Stockton is mount square pieces of wood inside the downspout to connect pieces together. The velcro only holds the assembled track layout to the carpet. There are large pieces of velcro hooks all along the bottom of each piece and they do hold in place very well. After each race, the marshals have to move the heavily hit sections of track back in place, but that's pretty standard.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:10 PM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

TSR6: mmmm hairy bearings!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.