Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Louis, yes I can. I just need to know what you were thinking of ordering so I calculate shipping. Send me a pm or an email at [email protected]

I agree with shrekair.

If you want to keep your motor cool then get some of those bags that you can freeze and put it them in the freezer with a motor can so that it will freeze into that shape. Then just take it to the track with you in a cooller. Did that make sense?
Old 08-23-2002, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Kraig, I haven't thought of a list yet, but when I do I'll e-mail you
Old 08-23-2002, 02:06 PM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

sorry..i was fifth! my mistake!

Round 7 Scottish RRCi Championship

thats the only results i can find published, there should (eventually) be one with car, speedo, cells, motor etc...

missed fourth by a quarter of a second!

note:

1: sponsered by modeltec and rc labs, corally etc.
2: sponsered by hpi, HB, nosram, orion...
3: sponsered by losi and trinity...
4: sponsered by modeltec and rc labs, corally etc.
5 (Me): sponsered by my old bloody back pocket!!! (companies take note!)
Old 08-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Can u do the same thing in the dry? If you did i'd think you'd get sponsorship for sure

Does the width of the XXX-S go above 190mm when using TC3 hexes and 26mm wheels?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Good job

Havew you looked into the smaller companys to run for them? They should be willing to do something like that.

Good Luck
Old 08-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

OBY are you running a xxx-s?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

teamAE, OBY runs a XXX-S, his wet set-up is a couple of pages back.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

I found a really nice setup for high bite ashpult if you would like to give it a try

I use the stock setup except for:

Works for mod and stock.

#2 on shocks front and rear
out on rear
50wt in front
40wt in rear
red pistion
#3 and b camber link for rear
and blue spring rear
green front
Also used a one way
stock setup everthing else

Its mostly the springs I feel made a diffrence
try and give some feed back if you like.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default 55446

what do you think of those motor socks? the yellow ones with holes in them, u can leave the dry or ever make the damp.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

motor socks?
Old 08-24-2002, 10:14 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

aka dypers.

I accually have a set that i won as a door prize type thing. I had it on a motor to try in practice, but ended up switching motors.

-Troy
Old 08-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

I was going to get the graphite conversion kit, but I finally realized that I probably wont use most of the parts. I have 0,2,4,and 6 degree front spindles and carriers 0,1/2, and 1 degree rear hubs, and graphite a-arms all around. But when you buy the graphite conversion kit, you dont get the higher degree hubs and spindles/carriers. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:58 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evil_S10
I was going to get the graphite conversion kit, but I finally realized that I probably wont use most of the parts. I have 0,2,4,and 6 degree front spindles and carriers 0,1/2, and 1 degree rear hubs, and graphite a-arms all around. But when you buy the graphite conversion kit, you dont get the higher degree hubs and spindles/carriers. Just my 2 cents.
Always can use spare parts. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:16 AM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by teamAE
Good job

Havew you looked into the smaller companys to run for them? They should be willing to do something like that.

Good Luck
i got offered an xray/peak drive a year or two ago but turned it down cos it wasnt a full drive and meant new car, motors, cells, speedo...etc etc, wheras i could have raced my pro2 at the time with only new cells and motors.

i'm not fussed about sponsership, i dont spend too much on the car and love beating sponsered drivers, makes it much more enjoyable!!!
Old 08-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well guys, here is the latest war report:

Heat 1#

Placed first but pack felt alittle flat towards the end. I don't know about these peak performance Maxx Packs (we can only run unmatched stick packs at our track). Everyone else though had plenty of run time left and I was UNDERGEARED!!!! Check out my other thread if you can help.

Heat 2#

Placed second this time. went up one pinion tooth and she ran great. The fast guy was UNBELIEVABLY FAST. He was running foams and matched 2400s (owner not too happy about that) and a stock motor (we run Chameleons) and he was gone. It was nice however to see that XXX-S Go! Bone stock.

Main #

Placed 3 overall. F***ing pack dumped on me with about 1 minute to go. It was flat for about 2 more minutes. Everyone else of course was still messing around afterwards for about 6 minutes

All in all not a bad race day. But I need to do something about my packs and look into setting my Cyclone Purple edition to something other than the drag racing brake setting (I like the drag brake though ) I am thinking of running foams, our track is really rough but the fast guys were tearing it up with those foams, my slicks seem to let the rear drift alittle too much compared to the "foam" guys.

So, here is what advise I need. I am planning on skipping next week racing a tearing town my car to tune it up. What are some of the things I should look into doing to make the car smoother? (I don't want to say faster because I know the response, drive better, but I drive a great line already, just dump too quick). I am considering rebuilding the diffs, any recommendations on what to use to rebuild them, and the CVDs. Also, may get the following:

1) Graphite Chassis
2) titanium turnbuckles
3) titanium hingepins
4) Graphite shock towers (speed tech models probably any installation issues?)
5) Speed tech steering bellcranks
6) RPM ball cups

Finally, how have you guys removed all the slop in the steering? mine feels sloppy. I have the shim and slop removal kit for my street weapon that I never used, so I got bunches of shims, washers, etc. Other than that I think I should be set.

My equipment:

1) MRC 959 Superbrain charger
2) XR3 FM Radio
3) Novak Cyclone Purple Edition (not C2)
4) Chameleon 2 motor
5) Hitec MG925 servo (that very fast one, i think thats it)
6) 2400s Peak performance Maxx packs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.