Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

who makes the front belt conversion so you can run the wide belt? & does it work on the 4-R? having problems with belt, especially the rubber ones
Old 05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

BM- From what I know you can use it based off the MRX4 manual. There are only few different parts that go on the MRX4 to make it the R - it's not a completely different car.

DM- Not sure on the front wide belt, but the stock front belt works fine IMO.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

IWRK2MUCH YOU HAVE P.M
Old 05-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
IWRK2MUCH YOU HAVE P.M
Back to you!!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default mrx4

Mike Strack, how are ya??
its me steve, i met you guys in cincinnati for the mid-west race.
never got a chance to say thanks for all your help, i left during the "A" main, had a long drive.
i see you and Ron did pretty well.
i have been working on the rear end of my car, and i have been trying different droop settings, never realized how important it was till i got home to my club track in hamilton.
ive managed to improve my personal best by 1.5 secs and made the"A" main the last 2 weekends.
thanks again, say "HI" to ron for me.
steve.
p.s. if you get time, check out our new sealed surface(ontario1/8onroadracingclub.com)
Old 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AKSHUN
Mike Strack, how are ya??

p.s. if you get time, check out our new sealed surface(ontario1/8onroadracingclub.com)
Steve - It was good meeting you!. I wouldn't say I had a good race though.
Your track in Ontario looks fun. From the pictures, there seems to be some chamber / off chamber turns. Those are always a challenge.

Keep working on your A Main set-up , I'll be asking for you to share it if I'm fortunate enough to find myself up there.

Keep us in the loop on how things go.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone attending any races? Trophy race at one of my local tracks, Floyd Bennet, but I'm short of membership, parts, and a transponder. No worries, gonna help my friend get his MTX4 tuned up and show him my 8th skills at bridgeports track. Funny it seems I like the same setup for both areas. One thing I dislike about floyd is that the track is really hard on tires despite the lovely surface. A pair of 35 shores surely won't last that long.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
One thing I dislike about floyd is that the track is really hard on tires despite the lovely surface. A pair of 35 shores surely won't last that long.
Bert,
I don't know who told you the tire wear was high @ Ffloyd Bennett, but it is the furthest thing from the truth. Brand new, supper smooth, high bite asphalt=very good tire wear. I wore only 1.5mm in a 20min. main afew weeks ago on an untreated track. You should check it out for yourself, you won't be disapointed.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Jaime. Naw I was there few sundays ago and some guy with fairly new 35 shore tires wore out after 9 laps or so of hard running. After some running myself there with the 8th the stockers wore down a bit more than a run at bridgeport. Either way the track is really awesome though traction wise. Almost ready to have my $$ in for membership, a transponder and I'll be ready to race.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Hey Jaime. Naw I was there few sundays ago and some guy with fairly new 35 shore tires wore out after 9 laps or so of hard running. After some running myself there with the 8th the stockers wore down a bit more than a run at bridgeport. Either way the track is really awesome though traction wise. Almost ready to have my $$ in for membership, a transponder and I'll be ready to race.
so bert
will you be there on sunday ?
its going to be lots of fun
Old 05-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Capt. Currently in Stratford,CT. Didn't get to bring my car n gear with my as my mom had other plans. I hate it when I have a plan set, tell her and or my sis what I'm gonna do, and she wants to do something else. I could've been ready for this event as well. I'd like to make the next one, but who knows what'd happen that time. It really pissed me off today...especially since it's raining on/off. This is going to make the yard work a bit more difficult and probably extend into sunday morning. Welp, take lots of pics for me guys...that might cheer me up a bit.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Hey Capt. Currently in Stratford,CT. Didn't get to bring my car n gear with my as my mom had other plans. I hate it when I have a plan set, tell her and or my sis what I'm gonna do, and she wants to do something else. I could've been ready for this event as well. I'd like to make the next one, but who knows what'd happen that time. It really pissed me off today...especially since it's raining on/off. This is going to make the yard work a bit more difficult and probably extend into sunday morning. Welp, take lots of pics for me guys...that might cheer me up a bit.
sorry to hear that we going to miss you .next time will do on the pics
Old 05-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Definately capt we will meet. Still right now don't seem I can quite get back into sedan as I'd have gauges and more spares to get. The $$ will go to the Mugen.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

iwk2much you have p.m
Old 05-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Delta mfg. hard coated pinions.

As told some days ago. I've ordered some 1st gear pinions from Delta mfg in the search of a more durable 1st gear pinions. Well.. they're here and the looks are incredible.

Test fitted one just to match with the stock aluminium one and there are slight differences, but the most important (gear mesh and the teeth are sharper at the end) has passed with an A, the only 'but' is they are slightly thinner (the collet that separates it from the 2nd gear is thinner). The main measurements of the pinions are (on italics are the Delta measurements:

Total width: 8.48mm / 7.74mm
Width of the pinion gears: 6.58mm / 6.70mm
Width of the separating collet: 1.90mm / 1.04mm

Just dissasembled one spare clutch bell and removed the stock 17T pinion and put a 17T Delta one and did the test of meshing on my car where before was perfectly meshed with stock pinions. The test has passed great.

The main 'concern' could be the slightly thinner collet separator, but this isn't problematic because the pinion grips all over the spur gear, so less chances of stripping a spur due to uneven wear. The finish of the pinions are finished in matte.

Photos a little later when I'll arrive to home (haven't had of doing a photo for main differences).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.