Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

True. I have some 37s I previously bought and will try to test them out tomorrow. Only thing is I'm not sure how they run in hotter weather. I'll buy a few for now and get the 35s later. Thanx jag!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

True. I have some 37s I previously bought and will try to test them out tomorrow. Only thing is I'm not sure how they run in hotter weather. I'll buy a few for now and get the 35s later. Thanx jag

Hey the Hotter the Weather the better those 37's should work. The 35's theoretically should wear faster depending on surface. So 37's might be your best bet. I run 37's now instead of 35's and they have consistently worked great...
Old 03-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chemlab
Hey the Hotter the Weather the better those 37's should work. The 35's theoretically should wear faster depending on surface. So 37's might be your best bet. I run 37's now instead of 35's and they have consistently worked great...
What about 40 shore?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chemlab
Sounds great! I'll give em a try asap. Great traction and long wear I'm up for that .
Old 03-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Just got my MRX-4R. I've had a long stint with Serpent, but I've finally decided to give them up. I'm kinda sick of them coming out with a new car/version every six months. Also, the cars are so techie, that they're too hard to set up, but that's neither here nor there.

Are there any building tips, or "must have" hop ups that I need for this car?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

I seen pretty much everyone now switchin to the R as it has those few upgrades on it. Unlike the MTX4, which everyone that told me is great stock yet pimp it out with aftermarket parts, it doesn't need to be pimped. Dial it in and run it stock. Tune it up!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:30 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TedX
Just got my MRX-4R. I've had a long stint with Serpent, but I've finally decided to give them up. I'm kinda sick of them coming out with a new car/version every six months.
Serpent comes with a car every 6 months?.....
You don't HAVE to buy them all, or do you?
And it's about every 2-3 Years that they come with a new version.....
Oh, can you still get spare parts for a MRX-2 ?
You can for a Vector '97.....
Also, the cars are so techie, that they're too hard to set up, but that's neither here nor there.
If you don't understand how to set-up a car, it is not the fault of serpent....
But if you want a simple car, buy the Shepperd......
Are there any building tips, or "must have" hop ups that I need for this car?
With that "manual" they provide I can understand the question about the "building tips"...
Old 03-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Serpent comes with a car every 6 months?.....
You don't HAVE to buy them all, or do you?
And it's about every 2-3 Years that they come with a new version.....
Oh, can you still get spare parts for a MRX-2 ?
You can for a Vector '97.....

If you don't understand how to set-up a car, it is not the fault of serpent....
But if you want a simple car, buy the Shepperd......

With that "manual" they provide I can understand the question about the "building tips"...
My first Serpent 1:8 scale was an Excel. I wish I could name all of the 1:8 scale models/revisions that there've been since then. I will agree with you though. When I opened the 4R box, everything was all co-mingled in one bag. Not like the compartmentalized boxes that I'm used to with serpent. Also, the Mugen instruction manual is not nearly as nice as Serpent's, but I do like the setup sheet that Mugen includes.

At any rate, I'm not here to flame either brand. I do still have my 705. I'm just trying to find out the best practices for building the 4R, and it's good to hear that I can build it stock outta the box (thanks HarKonnenD).
Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

I just built my Mrx4-R, and like every other Mugens I've every built. The car was very easy and simple 2 build. Instrutions r good, just take ur time..
Old 03-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Yeah Pooh...bring da pain.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I just built my Mrx4-R, and like every other Mugens I've every built. The car was very easy and simple 2 build. Instrutions r good, just take ur time..
Pooh,
What's up playa? Gonna pick my 4R up later today. Went to Bridgeport,Ct track Saturday with my Mtx-4 and loved it, should be the same with the 4R. We got spoiled this past weekend with some 65*+ weather, but will not be that lucky the next few weeks so the first run will have to wait till Mother Nature cooperates. Will most likely hit up C-Whits new track if they get er' done in time. Your pretty close rite? Maybe we'll bump heads.

Sohlman, hit a brother up on the celly.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Pooh,
What's up playa? Gonna pick my 4R up later today. Went to Bridgeport,Ct track Saturday with my Mtx-4 and loved it, should be the same with the 4R. We got spoiled this past weekend with some 65*+ weather, but will not be that lucky the next few weeks so the first run will have to wait till Mother Nature cooperates. Will most likely hit up C-Whits new track if they get er' done in time. Your pretty close rite? Maybe we'll bump heads.

Sohlman, hit a brother up on the celly.
WHAT YOU WENT LAST SATURDAY (3/11)! NOOOOO!!!!! Now I'm really mad why I didn't get to go - couldn't had help tuning up my 8th if I needed it. Maybe I'll go later today, but not sure if it's open. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
WHAT YOU WENT LAST SATURDAY (3/11)! NOOOOO!!!!! Now I'm really mad why I didn't get to go - couldn't had help tuning up my 8th if I needed it. Maybe I'll go later today, but not sure if it's open. Maybe tomorrow.
You better get out today cause the weather is about to get bad again. The track is available for practice daily until sundown(noice ordinance). Go out and have some fun.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good. Tomorrow I hear won't be so bad as well. Know if anyone is up there now? I'm on my way up!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

There will probably be some of the locals there running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.