Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Yeah it sounds good. I've heard from someone they been running there for a while although I'm not even sure if thats true(the noob) . Are you sure this is their first actual race? I said I'll check out the area although it's only sundays and I hear the area isn't 2 great...that why the track is locked up anyday but sunday lol. Gonna try to make it to Floyd this wednesday and maybe for the weekends otherwise check Bdgeprt Sunday.
Bridgeport track is open every day, they unlock it in the morning I was told. We ran there last sunday, it was great. This coming sunday will be the first race, BARCAR will run it, entry fee is only $15. NERCAR also has plans to organize races there. You don't need to worry about the area, there were locals watching us run and showed interest in the hobby as well, asking questions about cars, etc. No problems at all. Ace's hobby is right around the corner www.acesnitrorc.com
Old 09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Where i can get the Acer Ceramics bearings? Are they expensive than stock ones?

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Yes bearings will freeze of blow out over time. Mugen direct replacements like the stock ones seem to be ok but throw out alot of oil. I like the Acer Ceramics but use the stock ones until it's time to change them. Bad bearings are gritty or sound like they have been run dry with a metal to metal sound. Clutch bearings are by far one of the most important bearings to check.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ack, guess this guy is a total idiot. Gave me a ton of wrong info. Ah well kewl beans. I'll check it out then.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by US_MATRIX
Where i can get the Acer Ceramics bearings? Are they expensive than stock ones?
http://acerracing.com/bearings.html
Old 09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am considering getting a MRX4 or Evolva 05. Can anyone plz tell me where I can get a good deal on the MRX4 kits and parts? appreciated. thx.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tony Vega

They have 3 different kinds and the Ceramic is very expensive.

TEFLASONIC PTFE Sealed Bearing Kits $39.99

NEW! Dual Super Polyamide Sealed Color Bearing Kits $59.99

NEW CERAMIC NITRIDE PRO SERIES Bearing Kits $99.99 ALL KITS!

Anyone tried the $39.99 or $59.99? Are they better than the stock ones?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverM3
I am considering getting a MRX4 or Evolva 05. Can anyone plz tell me where I can get a good deal on the MRX4 kits and parts? appreciated. thx.
The best place to get a MRX4 kit would be your local hobby shop. It's worth it to pay a little more at your LHS and make a relationship with them so you can get help when things are not working properly. They should also carry the parts...check to see if they stock MRX4 parts. Nothing sux more than having to order parts online that do not arrive for days when all you want to do is race.

As for the Kyosho, I heard they are good and they just won another world championship. from what I've seen, seems to be more wrenching involved with Kyosho/Delta cars. That doesn't sound fun to me.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, less wrenching is better.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just recently purchased a mrx-4 and was wondering what mods/hop ups are you guys doing to the car?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
I just recently purchased a mrx-4 and was wondering what mods/hop ups are you guys doing to the car?
The MRX4 right out-of-the-box is awesome. No parts need replacing or upgrading...seriously. But if you are like me, the latest stuff is always cool. From Mugen: FRONT GRAPHITE BODY MOUNT PLATE #H0473 and ALUMINUM ONE-PIECE MOTOR MOUNT #H0772. If you run on a track with really good traction, the NEW OPTION CHASSIS #H0474 stiffens up the ride nicely.

Last edited by sohlman; 09-16-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sohl,
What's up dude? You still coming this weekend? Hit me on the phone when you get a chance.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default MRX-4 Switch Harness

Hey Guys - I just picked up an MRX-4 and I have a question concerning the on/off switch mount. I used the MTX switch mount over the MRX becuase I did'nt want the wire exposed on the top chassis plate ; plus I think the the MTX switch mount looks cleaner mounted on the car becaus it hides the wires. Now, of course I will need to find a location for my transponder which should not be a big deal.

Have any of you decided on the MTX switch mount too and if so, how about some pics for ideas on my transponder mounting.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Mugen Starter Box

I purchased a Mugen starter box (purple) and I don't see a convenient way to charge the batteries (without unplugging the batteries every time I hook up a charger. Am I missing something? Also, the twin battery packs seem to be having a hard time turning over the engine during start-up; but I'll charge the batteries overnight to really detemine if there is adequate motor torque from the starter box batteries/motor (twin motors).

Do any of you use this "twin pack" starter box? -
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

There will be many cool things happening for racer's at this weekends Katrina benefit race bodies have been donated for raffle by www.kolorsbykropy.com one 1/8TH scale protoform and one sedan protoform all proceeds will go to the relief fund for those who are less fortunate as us.
Just think one day we might be looking to them for help.

Last edited by ROBBIE C; 09-16-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
I purchased a Mugen starter box (purple) and I don't see a convenient way to charge the batteries (without unplugging the batteries every time I hook up a charger. Am I missing something? Also, the twin battery packs seem to be having a hard time turning over the engine during start-up; but I'll charge the batteries overnight to really detemine if there is adequate motor torque from the starter box batteries/motor (twin motors).

Do any of you use this "twin pack" starter box? -
I like the 12v battery because it has way more amps. Amps is the key to turning over the engine since your motors get a lotta power from it. More volts has RPM, but not enough power to get the motors going. The 12v also last a lot longer through runs depending on how you use the box. My failsafe currently sits on the transponder mount. No transponder in my posession as yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.