Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
I've just seen a pic of the new Yokomo 555 in the Orion website.

Can Jarrod do a real good pic or 2. Looks interesting !!!!!!!!
So how do you like the idea of the alloy front bulkheads..??
-Dave
Old 10-27-2004, 02:57 AM
R/C Tech Founder

555 kits worldwide? Sounds like a made-for-eBay production.

Where's the love on this thread, anyway? haha

In other race coverage news, we are just putting the finishing touches on our titling software for the upcoming R/C Tech DVDs. When you watch a race on the disc, it overlays position information and changes just like a full-scale race on TV. This will be the first race where we use it in post-production, and it should be pretty slick.

If any of you are at the Worlds and see any of my three R/C Tech cameramen wandering around, be sure to stop and say hi. Who knows, you might make the final cut. They shouldn't be too hard to spot with the big Canon XL1S and XL2 cameras!

Remember, play nice on here. Qualifying is coming up shortly and there should be better things to talk about than who is or isn't giving live updates... my guys are flying out in about 8 hours and should be at the track by Wednesday afternoon.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal

Not a bad idea
Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
So how do you like the idea of the alloy front bulkheads..??
-Dave
me not too enthusiastic about open trannies... Why alloy (read expensive) bulkheads? The graphite gearcases work fine with me, theyr'e sealed and rigid... EvoIII-style camber links maybe? But your could already do that with Shooters parts for the SD... I don't get it.

Oh, wait a sec... maybe it's just (dare I say it) marketing?

Paul
Old 10-27-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it's not just that they're alloy, they're lowered as well. The goal of the new version of the car is to lower the CG as much as possible. The front arms are supposed to be shorter with a wider suspension mount to keep it at regular width as well.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks Matt...This means changed suspension geometry, then!

Anyway... Masami, if you read this... you're only missing one title in electric... you know what to do!

Paul
Old 10-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SCIDA
COBRA you are right!NO ONE ELSE SAID THEY WOULD BE HAVING ANY COVERAGE! Why don't you just look at your words and see that EVERYONE OF THE MANUFACTURERS are there and not SUPPLYING anything to you. GIVE credit where it is due. You must complain about everything in life. You must be ready to kill yourself after a long hard day at work.

Just call someone at the track if you are in that much of a hurry to get the results. That is what I do.

Good luck to everyone at the races this week.

Everyone is lucky that Masami doesn't come and take Cleveland seriously. He would set up a carpet track at home and learn eveything about it like he does on asphalt and then come and WAX everyone till it was just a fight begging for second place. When was the last time someone put a 1/2 to 3/4 of a lap on HARA in a straight fight with no breakage?

Good job Oscar and the rest of Team Orion for taking the time to do this. Cause I am sure there is someone out there that does not run Orion and still complaining about not getting the comverage from them.
You got it wrong man.

I AM organizing a coverage and just got pissed off that Orion ruined our effort of trying to get reliable information as soon as it is released by providing false results when they are not available. If you don't believe me, just have a look a few pages ago.

It is fair enough that they do have one, but my point is and has always been, if they do it they have to do it properly.

So please, respect my work, there are enough people here in europe that works hard very very late at night so that there is some proper coverage (besides to Jarrod's and TQ Racing's) for you not to flame me.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by futureal

Where's the love on this thread, anyway? haha

In other race coverage news, we are just putting the finishing touches on our titling software for the upcoming R/C Tech DVDs. When you watch a race on the disc, it overlays position information and changes just like a full-scale race on TV. This will be the first race where we use it in post-production, and it should be pretty slick.

If any of you are at the Worlds and see any of my three R/C Tech cameramen wandering around, be sure to stop and say hi. Who knows, you might make the final cut. They shouldn't be too hard to spot with the big Canon XL1S and XL2 cameras!

Remember, play nice on here. Qualifying is coming up shortly and there should be better things to talk about than who is or isn't giving live updates... my guys are flying out in about 8 hours and should be at the track by Wednesday afternoon.
I agree with you, let's stop with orion, they have their coverage sorted and let's hope they'll have a reliable source.

That sure is impressive Shane, I'm looking forward to these DVD's
Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Matt Howard
it's not just that they're alloy, they're lowered as well. The goal of the new version of the car is to lower the CG as much as possible. The front arms are supposed to be shorter with a wider suspension mount to keep it at regular width as well.
That sure is interesting, but, awwwww I was working on such a mod for my car
Old 10-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

One of my friends just asked Masami about the body that he used for his World Championship title and he said "Parma Speed 8"
Congratulations to Masami for bringing a world title to Parma. We greatly appreicate it. Thank you Masami!!!

Paul
Old 10-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Old 10-27-2004, 05:52 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

According to this report http://www.tq-racing.com/news_report...C/2004istc.htm he was using the Parma Spirit 12

Report from the 1/12 http://www.tq-racing.com/news_report...ISTC_final.htm

Nick

Last edited by nnick; 10-27-2004 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.yokomousa.com
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

^ so masami does have a reciever pack, i didnt see one before in those pics of all the 1/12ths.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Yup the pics of him qualifying and in the mains show him running the same Speed8 body throughout the entire event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.