Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
ROAR Elections for President coming soon >

ROAR Elections for President coming soon

ROAR Elections for President coming soon

Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EdwardN
What do you mean not get political, I always was thinking ones you have goverment body it is politics and bigger that body-more polititcs. You guys do not need a lot of presidents, just one, but really good one. Not a diplomat, real guy for whom hobby is really important.

RICH BROWNE for president!!!!!
We're gaining momentum now!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
few racers travel
I look at the size of the UK... and then I look at the size of the USA.

I can fully understand why!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
kmh
Tech Addict

Whats up everybody. We may not think so at first, but this is a very important thread. ROAR has done a good job just surviving thru the decades, but I do believe that the focus needs to shift a little. We often refer to our hobby as a sport yet its not sanctioned like a sport. Whoever the new president is must start to promote ROAR somehow to the general public. Move the "sport" more into the limelight. Not only will this help with membership, but this will also create sponsorships and partnerships which could lift ROAR to another level. Create subsidies to promote and support tracks. If there is no tracks then there is no ROAR. Has anyone ever really courted ESPN,Speed CHannel, Dept. of Parks and Recreation or any other corporation or entity that is not directly related to the industry, for a partnership. ROAR needs a team of people, not just a single leader. When is the last time you saw a ROAR offical at a regional race? Just my two cents. Whatever direction ROAR takes,as a member, I will try to support.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kmh
If there is no tracks then there is no ROAR. Has anyone ever really courted ESPN,Speed CHannel,

I do recall that Mike Queller spent some time with Speed/ESPN on the viability of TV coverage of RC Races. I'm not sure but I think it got to the point of doing some test shoots of cars racing on the track. The networks, while very interested, felt that the speed, small size of the cars, and multicolored paint jobs would make it very hard for the average viewer to follow the action on TV. Also they did not like the Time/Laps format for the same reason. He told me they pretty much wanted the cars to be basic colors (red, blue , green , yellow, ect) and run races in laps format. Pretty much died on the vine from there.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2gee
I do recall that Mike Queller spent some time with Speed/ESPN on the viability of TV coverage of RC Races. I'm not sure but I think it got to the point of doing some test shoots of cars racing on the track. The networks, while very interested, felt that the speed, small size of the cars, and multicolored paint jobs would make it very hard for the average viewer to follow the action on TV. Also they did not like the Time/Laps format for the same reason. He told me they pretty much wanted the cars to be basic colors (red, blue , green , yellow, ect) and run races in laps format. Pretty much died on the vine from there.
Those guys need to watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLtPGrTGQ

That is the best coverage of rc cars I have seen, it's all in the editing.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

In the UK, the BRCA (the governing body similar to ROAR) decided that 1/10th Electric sedans (touring cars) needed their own website to focus on one scale of our racing.

If it's any help for your structuring, the link for it is: http://www.brca-tc.co.uk/
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rich will you be at the on road nats ?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jrice
Rich will you be at the on road nats ?
I'll be there Jim
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I'll be there Jim
Hey Rich,

Will you be pitting for Scott. The folks attending this race are in for some......
Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Hey Rich,

Will you be pitting for Scott. The folks attending this race are in for some......
Cmon fill in the rest of the sentence
Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Rich,

Mark, this race is close Ok. you going to be there?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Hey Rich,

...really slow, Empire, pit work.

I fired myself from pit work four years ago. You remember Florida, yes, I gave you (well, Ralph) that win. Not to say Ralphie wasn't butt ass fast...I just butt ass sucked during Scott's tire change ---
Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jrice
Mark, this race is close Ok. you going to be there?

Hey Jim,

Just started a new job. So no vacation for a while. Please someone video Rich in the pit lane it's something everyone should see. Sorry Scott.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Hey Jim,

Please someone video Rich in the pit lane it's something everyone should see. Sorry Scott.
Just watch an old "three stooges" mini reel. Same/Same
Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I just finished reading the last few pages and just thought ..... what a good time to have a ROAR meeting with the members. Should have 200 - 250 in one spot at one time at the On Road Nationals. Great opportunity.

If it works, should do the same at all the other national events.

Just a though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.