Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch Set Ups??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Clutch Set Ups??

Just had my 1.0 Losi truggy go a-wall off a jump. Broke a bunch. Just thankful that the telephone pole stopped it. But the last I need to replace is my stock clutch. Just curious on what is the most dependable. As far as engines I am running a 454 losi, werks b5 in mail still, and an os v-speck. Let me know what is about there for a complete setup. Fly wheel and all. Thanks. Tom
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been running this settup on my buggy and I like it alot.. Super easy to adjust with 3 settings..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Ergal-1-Carbon
Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

M2C Racing and Answer-RC clutches are great as well
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just picked up the Ascendancy clutch http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Kit-34mm
Havn't tried it out yet but there is a thread with a lot of positive results.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-clutch.html

Plus its a 4 shoe design and if i'm thinking correctly should offer better holding power and more life than a 3 shoe design.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Losi long life clutch shoes and some springs..... I run them and get alot of runs with them...
Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

no dynamite long lasting shoes now they last , i had pair of stock losi clutch shoes and they dint last long for me. but i havnt tried the long lasting losi shoes.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

I run the M2C racing clutch and flywheel. Just make sure you run the hard shoes if you decide to get one. They will last quite a while. I tried the medium shoes and they did not last that long.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
I run the M2C racing clutch and flywheel. Just make sure you run the hard shoes if you decide to get one. They will last quite a while. I tried the medium shoes and they did not last that long.

Compound depends on a lot of different thing's....you cant say Hard WILL be the best as you dont know the factor's....Soft's and Med's Can and will last just as long as Hards will when set-up properly for the motor/driver/track condition....If you Over spring Any compound of shoe it WILL Burn down.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
Compound depends on a lot of different thing's....you cant say Hard WILL be the best as you dont know the factor's....Soft's and Med's Can and will last just as long as Hards will when set-up properly for the motor/driver/track condition....If you Over spring Any compound of shoe it WILL Burn down.
I had .9 springs on them. A lot of people that run the M2C clutch say the same thing.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
I had .9 springs on them. A lot of people that run the M2C clutch say the same thing.

There's a Reason we have a selection of spring's....lets leave it at that.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

M2C- I've been running for the better part of 3 seasons now. I started with Reg Hards and two .90/two .95. For the most part, I've stuck with this combo of springs. I'm now running Reg Softs. For me, it seems they provide a more positive initial grab, or simply, slip less. They also last longer for me. I might get 3 w/ends out of the hards. I just recently dumped a set of softs that started life at RCP Finals in Nov '09 in buggy, have been run at MotoRama in truggy, and at least six club area races also in truggy, since.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Integra - you are 100 percent correct - that's one of the reasons I switched to the fioroni vented 3 shoe. There is an adjusting cam from position 1 to 3 on the stock cam and then 3 to 5 on the optional cam. I've only had to adjust between position 2 and 3. Two for a loose track and 3 for a high bite / traction track. The springs to my surprise have held up for almost 2 gallons. And I've not over heated the clutch bearings.

You'd be surprise how much cooler the clutch and engine run with a vented clutch bell and flywheel.

It took about 2 tanks to dial the fioroni clutch in and when it spools up - its locked in.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by offr0aden
Integra - you are 100 percent correct - that's one of the reasons I switched to the fioroni vented 3 shoe. There is an adjusting cam from position 1 to 3 on the stock cam and then 3 to 5 on the optional cam. I've only had to adjust between position 2 and 3. Two for a loose track and 3 for a high bite / traction track. The springs to my surprise have held up for almost 2 gallons. And I've not over heated the clutch bearings.

You'd be surprise how much cooler the clutch and engine run with a vented clutch bell and flywheel.

It took about 2 tanks to dial the fioroni clutch in and when it spools up - its locked in.
Love the vented clutch!!! And yes it will drop the temps just a hair.. I'll take all I can get!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

I have tried all combos of shoes and springs and the hard seem to work the best and last the longest for me.

Last edited by jammin32j; 05-14-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The stock losi clutch works really good, you just have to get it set up right. A good all around set up is 2 composite shoes with green springs and 2 metal shoes with gold springs. You can make the stock losi clutch do just about anything you want. I can usually get about 5 gallons with this set up if you use good bearings or keep fresh ones in. I have also had better luck with the losi composite and metal shoes than with any of the long lasting ones, they seem to slip more even with softer springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.